1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LawrenceMD, Aug 14, 2009.

1. mikeman

mikeman Senior member

Just got my new medium traveler from cranes. This bag is awesome. Fits way more than i thought it would. I'll post more pics if anyone is interested.[​IMG]

2. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

brand new 257 is ready for office action

[​IMG]

3. PMac

PMac Well-Known Member

Quote:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  4. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

So, a couple weekends in with my otter green 257, and it's the perfect size. First off, it's a perfect messenger bag, it collapses to almost nothing, so that it wasn't much bulkier than a 256, and not heavy at all. Unless it's full, it's never the full 5-6" thick, so I'd definitely say that it feels much more like optional space, rather than undesired space. Maybe a bit overkill on my carry (ipad, book, glasses) but definitely proved to be versatile.

Only thing, if I had my druthers, would be fewer pockets in there. Don't need quite so many places to put things, and it makes it more difficult to find what's in there. Also, because of the handle combiner, I have to wear the bag with it and the top flap facing out. I think this is backward from how the rest of the bag is designed, especially if I put keys on the otherside's key latch.

Contents first weekend as an overnight bag: navy blazer (rolled up), 3 shirts, underwear, socks, pants, dopp kit, book, ipad, chargers, sunglasses, glasses.

Second weekend, I also used it as a dog carrier on the subway (where dogs need to be "confined"). A 10 lb. Havanese who fit comfortably in the bag. Zipped over her back, with her head free and plenty of freedom to stick out. Not so far open that should could just jump out, but no where near to being dangerously confining. She didn't mind the bag as much as she minded the subway being loud, and the dislike of being immobile. The keychain hook made for a great leash securer too.

Anyway, definitely the 257 was the right size, and the dog patina (not from anything nasty mind you) should be pretty unique over time.

5. mikeman

mikeman Senior member

I'll try to pist some pictures sometime this week. I have yet to use it for travel. But Ill show you just how much stuff it fits.

6. mikeman

mikeman Senior member

Double post

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  7. tomatic

tomatic Senior member

I just cut them out, including a whole separator across the full width.

8. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

which bag is versatile enough would make a good gym bag (relatively light for everyday use) and 3 day travel bag (big enough for a long weekend away)?

Medium Travel Bag: 18" W x 13" H x 11" D

http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/726202/[IMG]

Medium Duffle Bag: 25" W x 14" H x 13" D

[IMG]http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/726203/

Filson x Levis Duffle Bag: 17" W x 10" H x 10" D

[​IMG]

9. mikeman

mikeman Senior member

^ I would say that the medium duffle is too big. I just got the Medium traveler, and its a great size. Probably a bit big for the gym, but it would work. The levis colab looks nice too.

10. MiniW

MiniW Senior member

definitely the levi's bag or small duffle that size. The Medium is way too big for everyday and is suitable for a week long trip.

11. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

oh really? medium duffle too big? I don't want something too heavy. What about in terms of organization? I would also like to carry a laptop with my gym gear, is that possible?

12. mikeman

mikeman Senior member

From what I've seen, the duffle would be too big, plus it doesn't have an organization. The medium traveler has 4 outside pockets, and 2 inside. My laptop (15 inch MBP) fits in one the interior or exterior.
    Here's a picture of a stuffed medium duffle.
    [​IMG]

13. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

holy shit that is HUGE!

Maybe i'll go for the traveller bag then. Any other good options in navy?

14. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Not available in navy but the sportsmans is a good option

Definitely don't get the medium duffle. I have one and its enormous. Easily can fit a weeks worth of shit.

15. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

I have a large duffle that I used for a month long trip. I kind of regretting the purchase, it is too big to be used otherwise. :embar:

16. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

thanks for the advice.

I have a tan 257. Should i just buy a tan to make up a set or get something in Navy.

I tihnk medium traveller (navy) will do, or small duffle in Tan.

17. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

This is really personal preference.

I have:

256 - Otter
    261 (Zippered tote) - Tan
    110 (Oil finish small duffle) - Tan

18. Cant kill da Rooster

Cant kill da Rooster Senior member

Fit pics would be great. I have a pullman and although meets airline specs for carry on, I find it quite bulky so I am looking at the next size down.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  19. rrjj

rrjj New Member

Working Persons web 20% off filson green color bags and clothing

code: GREEN13

20. fxthea

fxthea Member

Filson 257 bag about 1.5 years in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013