1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LawrenceMD, Aug 14, 2009.

1. OtterMeanGreen

OtterMeanGreen Senior Member

HAHAHA I'm seriously debating whether or not it's worth my time to send this to the Filson CS Dept, And asking them why.....WHY.....did you bring it back in only Navy and Black without any explanation or marketing (like they did with the Sportsman). Can't tell you how many promotional emails I had to delete of them re-introducing their version of the Sportsman.

257.PNG

2. mgrennier

mgrennier Senior Member

Otter - I've decided that I love the 257 much more than the 256. They're both iconic items, obviously, but the 257 really meets my needs so much more. I travel so much that I use my bag as a traveling office and I just prefer the roomier size.

In fact, in a partnership with GZ, I'll be posting pics of my Talon-era 256 that I bought him. We've decided to offer it up to a Styleforum member first before it gets pushed out to the big e b a y board. It's really a perfect example of the patina'd Original Briefcase that everyone (on here at least) loves.

Look for pics later today or tomorrow.

3. GzStudio

GzStudio Senior Member

I actually prefer the look of the new leather. Not a fan of the stained rough-side, but we can't have everything. I am also interested in seeing how this leather ages.

4. GzStudio

GzStudio Senior Member

you got me a gift, never gave it to me, and now are selling it? wow. #lovehurts

5. mgrennier

mgrennier Senior Member

Hoping there is sarcasm in your comment, right?

6. TinMan3

TinMan3 Senior Member

If my weatherproof briefcase is any indication, its going to be glorious. It has lightened some already to a deep red in sunlight. In a couple years, the "weatherproof" finish will ear down and we will really see what it's made of!

7. GzStudio

GzStudio Senior Member

Yes. (you wrote that you bought me, instead of bought from me ;) )