• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

F1 Shanghai

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Thanks for your helpful advice!

Jodum - This is actually more about she and I spending some precious time together than about the GP. We'll have a good time regardless of how boring it is, believe me. And this will be our first of many GPs around the world, no doubt.

trafficjam - About how long will it take given typical traffic conditions? I've been told elsewhere that it's about an hour. Not worried about the tickets.

Douglas - Just the kind of advice we need about the situation on the ground. We've explored our options and the Westin it is. Assuming the legions of hookers don't proposition men with their wives, which is in essence how I will be. Mrs. NR is a formidable blonde and unless the hookers are incurably stupid (not unlikely), they'll know better than to risk a tangle with her and give us a wide berth.

Have been advised elsewhere to hire a car to take us from door to door. No doubt pricier than a cab, but you get what you pay for. Will inquire with the concierge about the options. And thanks for the warning about the traffic.

We could always go back for the Expo the following month if we decide we're interested.

Acephale

Reaction score
I don't think anyone actually goes to a GP to watch the race as it is practically impossible to follow it at the circuit... you need to watch it on TV later to find out what if anything actually happened... it is more a case of it's on and there and thus why not... and really some things should be done at least once in a lifetime... just to hear the screech and squeal and the smells and atmosphere...

After all as with life it is not necessarily about the destination but the journey.

chas

Reaction score
I went to the Montreal F1 in 2008 and am very excited to go back this year. It is an awesome party. The race is fun to watch if you have good seats but the current rules do make it boring as there is very little passing. I actually think qualifying is more exciting in some ways.

Regardless, the cars are unbelievably cool the quality of the eye candy is off the chart (as mentioned above, think exact opposite of NASCAR). I would recommend attending a F1 race to anybody who has not been.

Have fun in Shanghai!

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
You're welcome. Please let me know about the hookers in the lobby - I will be very curious to see if that has continued. It has kept me away my last two visits, which sort of sucks because the heavenly beds are awesome.

Also be advised that the Bund is currently totally closed off because of the Expo - they're doing some serious rebuilding and reconstruction. I don't know whether or not it will be back open by the time of the GP but my bet is probably not, which sort of sucks.

Anyways, have fun!

trafficjam

Reaction score
Bund is supposed to re-open in a couple of days, so that'll be nice, at least. Distance to the track is, oh, let's say an hour and a half and a 25 dollar cab fare.

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by maomao1980
SH GP is really really really really fuking boring, you've been warned.

I was warned.
laugh.gif

Shanghai is truly an amazing place and We'll be returning.

Douglas, seems like the hookers are at least being more discreet if not almost completely absent there. Were amused by the "mini Dubai" lobby atrium. Loved the Westin, although We quickly soaked up their entire stock of Veuve.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, you did get an exciting race. No idea what it was like IRL.

--Andre

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Hm, yeah, I'm planning to be back in a few weeks.

Disappointed to hear I can't troll for short-time love in the Westin lobby anymore. Srsly, though, thanks for the update. I will re-consider the hotel. The beds are freaking divine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads