• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Everybody "dana" google search

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've met this rather virile looking dude this am with the name "Dana" which I suspected to be a girl's name. So I ran a google image search, and sure enough, only girl photos show up. The real shock is how hot all these Danas are.
inlove.gif
Amazing.

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Da Luis Vuitton Don
should be in dumb threads, or trash bin...

Dana is one of those unisex names like Danny

And you knew this by google isn't it? esp. the "like Danny" part.

Sorry friend, not all of us hold encyclopedic knowledge.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Da Luis Vuitton Don

Reaction score
i didnt use Google for that tid bit of info.Have you never herd of a name that it used for both sexes?

i wasnt being a smart ass but there are several names out there like this!

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a cousin named Dana. Male.

Dana Andrews. Male.

Can't think of that many others really. But it is a unisex name.

Da Luis Vuitton Don

Reaction score
The name "Sam" is also used for both sexes. But when used on a girl in most cases its an abbreviation of "Samantha"....

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dana Carvey - Comedian - Male.

Dana White - president and part owner of the UFC - Male

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i didnt use Google for that tid bit of info.Have you never herd of a name that it used for both sexes? i wasnt being a smart ass but there are several names out there like this!
Every name is potentially unisex. All unisex names differ in frequency between those thus named being male or female. Dana (from my own experience) is one where there are more females with this name than male. I know there are guys out there named Jessica and Ashley but that doesn't change my gendered perception of these names. The point of this post is not about the specifics of the name per say but about how many hot chicks happen to encounter on a simple image search.

Da Luis Vuitton Don

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pantisocrat
Every name is potentially unisex. All unisex names differ in frequency between those thus named being male or female. Dana (from my own experience) is one where there are more females with this name than male. I know there are guys out there named Jessica and Ashley but that doesn't change my gendered perception of these names. The point of this post is not about the specifics of the name per say but about how many hot chicks happen to encounter on a simple image search.

google any chick name and you will find a slew of what you consider to be hot and a few lemons....

good point with the "Ashley" one though, that name is reserved for the must rugged men alive. if Russel crow had a different first name im sure it would be Ashley
smile.gif

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
google any chick name and you will find a slew of what you consider to be hot and a few lemons....

good point with the "Ashley" one though, that name is reserved for the must rugged men alive. if Russel crow had a different first name im sure it would be Ashley
smile.gif

I've never really met any male Ashleys but I am led to believe it's quite common among the English aristocrats. If you really think about it, most names were patriarchal in nature and they become "female" name by frequency rather than by origin.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of my e-friends on ncdnb.com was a guy named Dana V, which he later found out was also the name of a Appreciation star.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A guy on my soccer team was named dana.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
a "dana hamm" was the first to show up

dana-hamm01.jpg

also, I remember the sad story of dana plato

dana_plato12.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads