STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.
Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.
Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!
Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ethan Halladay, Jan 27, 2012.
Still need another inch in length
Would also love to see some wider neck shirts for summer.
I honestly got this line confused with American Giant (both basic lines, both made in US, both from San Francisco).
How can i see some samples in person of what this stuff looks like?
What mill is the fabric coming from in the US?
Aw damn, wish I took some photos then. Next time!
Its just for the large shirts for now.
But it sounds like they're experimenting with/ making samples for tapered renditions of the other sizes. We'll see!
Just ordered my first T. Looking forward to it
When are restocks coming? I want to place an order for v-necks, but don't need just white and black.
Just noticed the dobb/travel kits in the showroom picture, yay!
Interested in these and any possible duffel bags as well.
I really like the concept you guys have going here.
We tapered the larges for this run because they needed it the most - the other sizes we are sampling right now.
Hey Kiya, feel free to drop by our office in San Francisco any time. Michael, Edoardo and I would be glad to shoot the shit.
We are different from American Giant in a few ways
- We sell men's and women's clothing and accessories
- Our price points are significantly lower, we do not have external branding on our products
- Most of our products are made in the US, but that's not a hard rule for us. Our backpacks are made in China for instance.
- If I had to summarize our philosophy, it would be: We look for huge businesses that we feel people are overpaying for, or getting under-delivered to in quality, or both - and we go into those businesses with the intention of competing and scaling. I'll give you some examples:
1. AA and Barney's Private Label T-shirts and sweatshirts
2. Longchamp bags
3. RL belts
4. Fjlraven backpacks
5. A lot of "Made in USA" neckwear brands
6. Common Projects
We won't ever compete with brands like Alden or Paul Stuart (can't beat them on quality, and the business doesn't scale).
Any and all feedback is appreciated!
We sampled a few of those a while back. We will most likely not sell those in the current configuration, but it's something we are looking into.
Thanks man! We will probably have teaser pics of the duffles out soon.
Does that mean you're going to release shoes in the near future?
Hey nanyu. You mentioning Common Projects in the previous post means you guys are considering making shoes?
this thread just got retarded
You guys need to come up with a standard fit on your tees ASAP. Altering the fit of just one size will cause confusion.
90% of SF would prefer a taper and 60% would like another 1" in length. The average non SF member would also like an 1" or 2" in length. IMO it would be best to add at least an inch in length and taper them.
if anyone wants a brick crew neck sweater medium before I send it back let me know
Separate names with a comma.