1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Everlane T-shirts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ethan Halladay, Jan 27, 2012.

1. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

What happens when you try to place an order on their site?

2. Aeneas

Aeneas Senior member

Have tank tops every been thought of being done?

3. jadough

jadough Senior member

Or Long sleeve?

1 person likes this.
  4. Sonorously

Sonorously Well-Known Member

$5-10 summer color tanks :D?

5. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

seriously....

I would not buy, hell I dont even wear tanks. The last time I wore one was when I was in high school and playing basketball. You guys would seriously wear that out?

:plain:

6. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

I was browsing Blackbird a minute ago when I came across this tee from Odyn Vovk

[​IMG]

There's so much to like about this cut- relaxed in the chest but narrow through the body, long narrow sleeves, scoop neck that's slightly wide but not too much, long enough to stack in an interesting way but not enough to look like a dress

Would love to see Everlane bust out something like this :nodding:

Last edited: May 5, 2012
    3 people like this.
  7. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

You should try American Apparel loose neck summer-t.

1 person likes this.
  8. Superfluous Man

Superfluous Man Senior member

You sound like a fun person to hang out with.

I'd definitely cop some tanks if the material on the shoulder wasn't too narrow/girly.

9. 13k

13k Senior member

thenanyu sidenote: Did your t-shirt model go to game 3 Clipper's playoff game in LA today? I could have sworn I saw him in the press room today :foo:

10. Harbin

Harbin Senior member

How long does it take returns to process once everlane receives the return?

11. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Took them two weeks from receiving the package to issuing credit back to my card... and then another three days for it to actually post because of the weekend :(

1 person likes this.
  12. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

Im not sure if you are being serious or sarcastic, lol

This is what I mean, I am under the impression that everlane is trying to cater to the SW&D and MC crowd. If they start making tank and similar items I think they will start leaning more towards SW&D. I have nothing against tanks in the proper environment, maybe the beach or something of that nature, but I do not wear them or own any. But hey if it works for them and brings them more customers then :slayer: I just dont want to see them become a SW&D specific brand.

I have nothing against anyone wearing them, hey if it makes you happy it makes you happy, I have a pair of yellow summer shorts that my friends call my gay for wearing but hey to each his own right. lol

13. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

You sound like a fun person to hang out with

14. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Received my order of medium size tees this time around. I would say significantly roomier than size small.

I sized up so to wear them more as a casual fit, tee+trousers and footwear. All my size smalls make great undershirts.

Two size medium vnecks in black and white. If you kind of want that grunge, RO / goth-ninja appeal it works. Long in the body, moderately deep 'v'. Wear it layered with a longer tank or with a leather/outerwear it should be good.

I am hoping it does shrink a little bit all around. My arms can fill out the size small, little bit of room in the arm on a medium. Shoulder is also looser so there is a drape in the chest. Body of the shirt is not totally tapered but it also drapes.

Currently wearing some bball shorts so throwing off the proportions =\

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  15. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

I take back what I said about going with Med. After wearing the small I like how it fits a lot after a little natural stretch. I just hope they don't shrink too much in the wash

16. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

Yeah, we wanted to show that you can make a belt out of good materials with littles details like that for $15.

PM me your email, I will look into it.

We use the same production facility as James Perse - you can see the two brands on different sides of the factory floor. If it's not too much trouble, can you PM me specifically what you find lacking in our shirts compared to JP? I would really like to share it with our product guys.

Yes! He is actually a news reporter in LA as his day job, so it makes total sense that you saw him there.

Sorry about that - customer service is something we are working on improving - especially regarding returns. We will have return shipping labels as soon as we can, to save everyone the hassel.

We are dedicated to making basic apparel. Tanks fall into that realm, but at least for men, they are not that high up on the totem pole. There's a lot of product categories we will hit first before tank tops.

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  17. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Re: Regg's comment, I own a bunch of J Crew broken-in tees and what you're saying is crazy talk-- the feel of the fabric alone is nowhere near Everlane's. Now, I will have to say J Crew's cut works better for my body, but in terms of materials/construction, there's not much of a comparison

18. absurdian

absurdian Active Member

Got in two v-necks today in small one white and one navy. The navy one fits perfectly but I noticed a problem with the white one, the V is considerably bigger and slightly askew and fits very different from the navy shirt. Is this a problem with the sizing and is there any way to fix it, like try shrinking in a hot wash?

19. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

I love how it stretches naturally. Initially the size small fits real snug but after a night, it stretches out pretty uniformly in a good way.

I did order 2x medium as mentioned and they are a bit looser. Fits different aesthetics I would say and how you feel like wearing the tee that day.
    Initially the size small did feel like a really bad muscle tee.

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  20. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Nanyu, do you have any plans for a pindot or not too large sized dot tie? Not really a fan of the plaid ties as I feel they are too casual. (can't wear with a suit)

Speaking of that I thought the tie Robert Downey Jr. wore in The Avengers was sick

[​IMG]