• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ever got in a fight?

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
FLMM wins the award for "Best stories about fights he was not involved in".
worship.gif

Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.
blush.gif
I just really hate getting out-of-control angry like that and it's a good thing because I'm 6'2", but only 170 lbs. I've always hung out with the jock-types though and they tend to get in more fights than the average joe. I do have a TON of fight stories, the best one isn't really PC enough to tell on here.
As far as myself, I've only been in two real fights my whole life. Won the first (against another guy having his first fight) and the second I'd've lost if it hadn't gotten broken up.

chris_hansen

Reaction score
there is some funny stuff here. Ed, your Chuck Norris tale had me in tears at work.

I've been in a number over the years but my best tale is from Uni in 99. We're all out at the local getting our drink on and a hottie i fancied from college gives me her number and tells me to call some time. she then proceeds to get in a slanging match with her recently ex'd boyfriend, who pushes her into a wall. one of my friends steps in and gets an elbow for his trouble so i have a go and manage to clean him up pretty good. i make a hasty exit before the bouncers exject me and as i'm waiting for a cab the guy comes running out of the pub ready for more. another one of my friends interjects and lays down a few headbutts as the wrestle for a bit. the cops come and see drunk guy as the aggressor, put him in the drunk tank for the night, and i go back to college where the hottie comes to my room and gives it up for the rest of the night (and a couple of months following that).

not bad for a nights work

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chris_hansen
there is some funny stuff here. Ed, your Chuck Norris tale had me in tears at work.

I've been in a number over the years but my best tale is from Uni in 99. We're all out at the local getting our drink on and a hottie i fancied from college gives me her number and tells me to call some time. she then proceeds to get in a slanging match with her recently ex'd boyfriend, who pushes her into a wall. one of my friends steps in and gets an elbow for his trouble so i have a go and manage to clean him up pretty good. i make a hasty exit before the bouncers exject me and as i'm waiting for a cab the guy comes running out of the pub ready for more. another one of my friends interjects and lays down a few headbutts as the wrestle for a bit. the cops come and see drunk guy as the aggressor, put him in the drunk tank for the night, and i go back to college where the hottie comes to my room and gives it up for the rest of the night (and a couple of months following that).

not bad for a nights work

I'm gonna really go out on a limb here and guess that you're English.

The_Icon

Reaction score
I'm a Chicagoan and I was on the Red Line one night with my young lady. It was late as we had attended an event at Macy's (actually, it was still Marshall Fields).

Well on the train was a young man who decided to harrass the young woman I was with. He was the type that if it wasn't us it would have been someone else, you know? Well the train stopped between Belmont and Fullerton and we were sitting still. This young man only became more infuriated because the train wasn't moving. Finally he looks over and says the inevitable;

"What are you looking at B****"?

I don't really tolerate that sort of thing and I asked him to apologize and not address her that way. He stood up and I stood up. I think that he noticed the size difference that I was much larger than he. Well that only made him more agitated. He pushed me and started to punch me. Well, I "beat him to the punch" (literally) and knocked him out.

Not my proudest moment, but what can you do. Violence is no way to settle a dispute. Fighting is a sport, not a way to solve your problems.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Icon
Not my proudest moment, but what can you do. Violence is no way to settle a dispute. Fighting is a sport, not a way to solve your problems.

Thanks, Bas!

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I'm gonna really go out on a limb here and guess that you're English.

The clue that he is from Oz is in the very first line -- "Uni"

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been in a number of fights but not too many recently. Most of them were drunken bar fight type altercations but none of them were particularly memorable. The only one that was sort of interesting was an attempted mugging that happened to me in Boston a couple years ago when I was back in town for an undergrad reunion. It was kind of stupid because I was actually with about four other guys (all of whom were bigger than me) and we were walking across the Charles Bridge and they were lagging behind a lot, I was walking about 40-50 feet in front of them talking on my cell phone. Some black kid (maybe 16 or so) or so was walking the other way, all of a sudden he pulled out a knife and told me to give me my money. He was maybe 5'6" and skinny and was carrying a 3" penknife. I looked at him like he was smoking crack, then I slapped the knife out of his hand. He had a "wtf" look on his face, then I shoved him to the ground.

At this point I was getting over being surprised and was getting pissed and ready to beat this kid's ass. However, the four guys I was with saw what was happening and started running towards us. The kid was slowly getting up, and looking towards me as I was slowly walking towards him, obviously pissed and ready to beat his ass. He turned and was about to run the other way, when all of a sudden my one friend (who was coming from behind him) just cold-cocked him in the face at a full sprint. This guy was maybe, 6'4 and 250, and he pretty much unleashed a full force punch right into this kid's face when he wasn't even looking in that direction. It was pretty bad, kind of like the scene in SuperBad where the kid got punched in the liquor store. At that point, the five of us were looking at this kid lying not moving on the sidewalk, and just decided to keep walking.

mizanation

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Thanks, Bas!

i love bas rutten's street fighting instructional video. highly recommended for pure entertainment purposes.

the thing i love most about it is the rationale that he gives for knowing all these brutal moves that could maim, cripple, blind or kill someone. it was something like, "you should always walk away from a fight, but what if you're locked in a room somewhere and a guy kills everyone in the room except you? that's when you use these techniques."

i was like, yeah, whatever, bas.

the tape is littered with bas's stories of drunken street brawls. each technique is graphically illustrated in a way only bas can do.

a good 40% of the techniques can only be successfully executed if you are a trained world-class heavyweight full-contact fighter, which bas is. so, weekend warriors, get the video and start taking notes!

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
I've been in a number of fights but not too many recently. Most of them were drunken bar fight type altercations but none of them were particularly memorable. The only one that was sort of interesting was an attempted mugging that happened to me in Boston a couple years ago when I was back in town for an undergrad reunion. It was kind of stupid because I was actually with about four other guys (all of whom were bigger than me) and we were walking across the Charles Bridge and they were lagging behind a lot, I was walking about 40-50 feet in front of them talking on my cell phone. Some black kid (maybe 16 or so) or so was walking the other way, all of a sudden he pulled out a knife and told me to give me my money. He was maybe 5'6" and skinny and was carrying a 3" penknife. I looked at him like he was smoking crack, then I slapped the knife out of his hand. He had a "wtf" look on his face, then I shoved him to the ground.

At this point I was getting over being surprised and was getting pissed and ready to beat this kid's ass. However, the four guys I was with saw what was happening and started running towards us. The kid was slowly getting up, and looking towards me as I was slowly walking towards him, obviously pissed and ready to beat his ass. He turned and was about to run the other way, when all of a sudden my one friend (who was coming from behind him) just cold-cocked him in the face at a full sprint. This guy was maybe, 6'4 and 250, and he pretty much unleashed a full force punch right into this kid's face when he wasn't even looking in that direction. It was pretty bad, kind of like the scene in SuperBad where the kid got punched in the liquor store. At that point, the five of us were looking at this kid lying not moving on the sidewalk, and just decided to keep walking.

He could've easily killed that kid with that move.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HomerJ
He could've easily killed that kid with that move.

That's probably true. Then again, threatening someone's friend with a knife isn't exactly the best thing to do in front of a big drunken fratboy with a clear shot at your head.

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mizanation
i love bas rutten's street fighting instructional video. highly recommended for pure entertainment purposes.

the thing i love most about it is the rationale that he gives for knowing all these brutal moves that could maim, cripple, blind or kill someone. it was something like, "you should always walk away from a fight, but what if you're locked in a room somewhere and a guy kills everyone in the room except you? that's when you use these techniques."

i was like, yeah, whatever, bas.

the tape is littered with bas's stories of drunken street brawls. each technique is graphically illustrated in a way only bas can do.

a good 40% of the techniques can only be successfully executed if you are a trained world-class heavyweight full-contact fighter, which bas is. so, weekend warriors, get the video and start taking notes!

Jebus. I don't want to fight after seeing this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads