• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Equus Leather - English Handstitched Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate and Review Thread

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up a Scott with a satin stainless roller buckle. Should be perfect for denim!

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Bakers works very well for denim
Also dont sleep on the cdr
I had that made up as a 38mm L&R and works well with denim IMO , but is more "refined" than bakers
View attachment 976618 View attachment 976620

The Baranil one is 35mm.
I usually never wear anything less than 35mm bc i am a bigger guy

Id forgotten about that Cuir de Russie belt - its a cracker (if I say so myself). Theres another on my bench right now, plus some other calf belts - will post photos when theyre done

Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Equus Leather What colour edging would you suggest for a belt in racing green? I've been thinking about ordering one for a while now, probably with the yellow lin cable stitching.

Well by default they’d be black, I like the subtle contrast and the nice sharp edges. What did you have in mind though?

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Well I'm a sucker for things like natural welts on shoes so I think I'd like a little contrast. Maybe a mid to dark brown?

Un dyed could be done actually, but tan or dark brown is perfectly doable also. If you buy the belt leave us a note in the checkout process (or email or pm) and we’ll sort it out

For our calf stuff we can mix more or less any colour anyone would want, not relevant here but for posterity literally anything is possible with those belts, though by default we stick to our traditional edge finish colours to mirror the bridle leather range

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Equus Leather Thanks. Just placed the order - brass stirrup belt in British Racing Green with ecru lin cable and tan edging:slayer:

@Riva Thank you, I gave serious consideration to the navy edging but in the end the tan won out. I guess I can always have the edging redone in a darker colour if it's too bright.

Last edited:

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Equus Leather Thanks. Just placed the order - brass stirrup belt in British Racing Green with ecru lin cable and tan edging:slayer:

@Riva Thank you, I gave serious consideration to the navy edging but in the end the tan won out. I guess I can always have the edging redone in a darker colour if it's too bright.

Well I've been guilty of reedging my old Equus belts with black marker. So anything goes :)

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Well I've been guilty of reedging my old Equus belts with black marker. So anything goes :)

You can always send them in and we'll re-dye, reburnish and then re seal them you know :)

Colour changing (other than to black) isnt really doable well, but recolouring the original shade works well

sid11111

Reaction score
You can always send them in and we'll re-dye, reburnish and then re seal them you know :)

Colour changing (other than to black) isnt really doable well, but recolouring the original shade works well

How would that work? Can I send in my old items and have you guys touch them up for me at cost?

RT282

Reaction score
I must say I am very frustrated. I started randomly checking in on Equus website for the good part of a year now and I was so happy when I finally saw the Stratfield buckle in stock.

I dropped an email with some queries and was promised some photos the next day to move my decision along. It had been a week and I did not get any response even after a few emails requesting for an update. And now when I checked again, the buckle is yet again out of stock!!!

I spent the last few nights reading through the 200+ pages from 8 years ago and having invested so much effort I've created an account here to seek for a response. Hopefully the overwhelming great reviews are for real.

That aside, I am now also looking to make a wallet. Can I request for a side-by-side photo showing the Rust Chèvre and Bordeaux Chèvre? I am thinking of using Rust for the outer and Bordeaux on the inner (or the other way round). Also, I do like a little "pop" and is thinking of using contrasting thread colours. It's hard to visualise the colours (and I don't know how some of those colours look i.e. fawn) and so if I may request for a photo showing the thread over the leather? I was thinking perhaps along the lines of orange/brick. Appreciate and suggestions or views!

Finally, I noted that there is the checkbox for CITES permit, but it is only showing "EU - No permit needed". I would be shipping the wallet (and belt of course if there are incoming stock) outside of the EU. Would that work? Or that means I can't order a wallet to be delivered outside of EU?

Thanks!

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How would that work? Can I send in my old items and have you guys touch them up for me at cost?

If you send them through to us we can touch up, polish and seal the edges and condition the leather. We can’t make an old belt in to a new one, but if the edges have lost some colour the belt will look much smarter when we’re done, and it’s a process we’ll be able to do better than you could at home, where as the conditioning is somthing you would be able to given the inclination and products. The cost would be £15 per belt plus p&p. Great way of reviving and old friend!

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I must say I am very frustrated. I started randomly checking in on Equus website for the good part of a year now and I was so happy when I finally saw the Stratfield buckle in stock.

I dropped an email with some queries and was promised some photos the next day to move my decision along. It had been a week and I did not get any response even after a few emails requesting for an update. And now when I checked again, the buckle is yet again out of stock!!!

I spent the last few nights reading through the 200+ pages from 8 years ago and having invested so much effort I've created an account here to seek for a response. Hopefully the overwhelming great reviews are for real.

That aside, I am now also looking to make a wallet. Can I request for a side-by-side photo showing the Rust Chèvre and Bordeaux Chèvre? I am thinking of using Rust for the outer and Bordeaux on the inner (or the other way round). Also, I do like a little "pop" and is thinking of using contrasting thread colours. It's hard to visualise the colours (and I don't know how some of those colours look i.e. fawn) and so if I may request for a photo showing the thread over the leather? I was thinking perhaps along the lines of orange/brick. Appreciate and suggestions or views!

Finally, I noted that there is the checkbox for CITES permit, but it is only showing "EU - No permit needed". I would be shipping the wallet (and belt of course if there are incoming stock) outside of the EU. Would that work? Or that means I can't order a wallet to be delivered outside of EU?

Thanks!

Sorry if you’ve had a frustrating time! It’s a real struggle for us to keep the Stratfield buckles in stock for any length of time, they literally sell out in hours at times. They are made especially for us by our maker in Paris and demand exceeds supply such that there’s always a waiting list that builds up between deliveries, we release the buckles to people who have joined the waiting list between buckles first, so they go fast. if you drop me a pm I’ll make sure you’re on the list for the next batch

For the wallet, we can send you physical samples if you like? Very often the best way to visualise, though the aniline nature of the goat means the colours can vary from batch to batch, so you won’t get a perfect representation of a future wallet, but it will be close.

The CITES box is there for Alligator. For anything else the EU box is fine, I’ll review the text as it isn’t clear.

Hope that’s some help!

Charlie

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Equus @ Lake Garda
img_1528528334196.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads