• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EP's Denim by Epaulet Official Thread

babump

Reaction score
Hey, I'm pretty new to this forum and I'm a complete noob regarding higher end denim. I recently purchased a pair of sized 32 Smith straight-slim fit with the 34" inseam, but I normally wear a 32/32 for most of my other jeans while they were on sale. They're the most expensive pair of jeans I've yet to own, but I was wondering what would be the best way to wash it to get it to shrink down to the size that'd fit better. I appreciate the help you guys give here on this forum!

drbaw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by babump
Hey, I'm pretty new to this forum and I'm a complete noob regarding higher end denim. I recently purchased a pair of sized 32 Smith straight-slim fit with the 34" inseam, but I normally wear a 32/32 for most of my other jeans while they were on sale. They're the most expensive pair of jeans I've yet to own, but I was wondering what would be the best way to wash it to get it to shrink down to the size that'd fit better. I appreciate the help you guys give here on this forum!

Go to a tailor and get them hemmed.

sdx

Reaction score
Any comment on long-term stretching of the kurabo denim? Looking at snagging a pair of the smiths...

fashunhor

Reaction score
Mike. It looks like I waited to long to get a pair of the Kurabos. Any chance of a pair of 33s laying around the shop, restock?

unclesam099

Reaction score
Looking for some input - are the Smith Slim-Straight similar in fit to a Levi's 514 or 511? I'm a 36x34 in the 514 (and a 34x34 in BR straight or bootcut) and that's about the tightest I can go in the thigh. Thanks!

istasi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.

Ordered a pair of the EP slim-straight Smith's a couple weeks ago in size 30 (my usual waste size). Did an initial cold wash as Mike suggested. Love the post-wash fit, except for one thing: the waist. Through the leg the fit is great, but I think the waist shrank a bit too much. If I button it all the way, it rides a bit too high in the crotch. Is there anything I can do to stretch the waist a bit? Will it stretch a decent amount with wear? Or should I just bite the bullet, git rid of these, and size up?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by istasi
Hey guys.

Ordered a pair of the EP slim-straight Smith's a couple weeks ago in size 30 (my usual waste size). Did an initial cold wash as Mike suggested. Love the post-wash fit, except for one thing: the waist. Through the leg the fit is great, but I think the waist shrank a bit too much. If I button it all the way, it rides a bit too high in the crotch. Is there anything I can do to stretch the waist a bit? Will it stretch a decent amount with wear? Or should I just bite the bullet, git rid of these, and size up?

Hey there,

Thanks for your order! The post-wash fit is generally the tightest and smallest the jeans will ever be - especially the first wash. Just wear them for a few hours - you'll find that both the waist and the rise will stretch and break in.

Thanks!

pblasco

Reaction score
Arg! Why did you have to run out of the 34 Hoyt right as I ordered them! I wish you guys would stock more soon.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of the first run smiths. A much more coarse denim than what's out now in size 34. Hot soaked once, worn about 10 times, no visible signs of fading. Waist is just under 36 and Inseam is still at 34. If anyone is interested, PM me.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have fit pics of their streakys?

herzzreh

Reaction score
So which one fits closest to the 501s? Hoyt?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Astronaut888

Reaction score
Forgive the question if it is already addressed in the thread - have not made it thru the entire thing.

Have a pair of smiths that I really like.
Curious what other denim out there has a similar cut

namaste!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads