• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EP's Denim by Epaulet Official Thread

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by givemefive
EP's Smith size 30

Is that an EP shirt too?
eh.gif

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I finally got mine hemmed and back from the tailor. I typically wear a size 30 in trousers/pants and went with the 30 in these after some advice from Mike. It's a tad loose in the waist (fixed with belt though), but the thigh is just right. If I had sized down, my manhood wouldn't have appreciated it. Although they're sanforized, I gave them two hot soaks before hemming just in case and also to let some of the indigo bleed out.

They're still stiff as these pics are taken on the first day of wear. These things are great. Good work again, Mike, the denim delivers something fierce at the price point.

100_2819.jpg

100_2818.jpg

100_2817.jpg

nonissue

Reaction score
Mike, Just got my EP's, the fits dead on now but I'm just worried about stretch. Will they give much if at all?

I'll post pictures tomorrow.

obiter dictum

Reaction score
All denim stretches. Mine have stretched about 0.5" in the waist, but you can expect more if the waist fits tighter from the start.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Thanks so much for posting up the pics! I'm really glad that you guys dig the jeans. I'm really looking forward to the new contrast Smith & black Smith re-stock in a few weeks.

Originally Posted by nonissue
Mike, Just got my EP's, the fits dead on now but I'm just worried about stretch. Will they give much if at all?

I'll post pictures tomorrow.

Originally Posted by obiter dictum
All denim stretches. Mine have stretched about 0.5" in the waist, but you can expect more if the waist fits tighter from the start.

That's correct - you can expect about a 0.5" stretch over time. Like any jeans, they'll stretch a bit with wear and then contract when you watch them.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I was going to wait to tomorrow, but I'm too excited. We got the corrected Hoyt jean sample today, and the fit feels perfect!

I think that we nailed the exact taper on this one - allowing it to be well tailored, but still roomy enough for larger thighs. Looks awesome in the new cone selvedge and contrast stitching.

Funny enough, I'm going out to a show tonight. To see Andrew WK, no less. I rarely go to concerts these days, so when I do go, it needs to be a beer-drinking, hard-dancing mess. Which this will certainly be. I'm wearing the Hoyt's tonight, washing them when I get home, and putting them on the morning. If all goes well, we'll get our order placed and be four weeks away from these being a reality.

Full details and lots of pics coming tomorrow!

Cheers,
Mike

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That the Billy Reid shawl pullover, tonio?

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
That the Billy Reid shawl pullover, tonio?

That would be the one. Good eye, sir, good eye. One of my favorite knits in the closet now. My girl fell in love with it too the first time I wore it out. I now need to keep an eye out to make sure she doesn't snatch it from me.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm thrilled to announce that the final Hoyt sample has been tested and approved. I wore it out last night to Andrew WK, got sweat, beer, and dirt all over it (hit the floor twice), washed it when I got home, and put it on this morning. The fit is right on, and the sanforized denim didn't yield any change in the top block after a wash. The length shrank a full inch.

Here are some raw, right out of the box shots. You'll notice that I never model any of the pants or jeans on our site - because I'm an awful model for them. But, these have been the best-fitting jeans that I've ever put on - just as the Rudy was the best-fitting trouser.

Like the Rudy, it's a tapered fit with more room in the seat and thighs and a higher rear rise that still maintains an overall slim profile and a small-ish leg opening. If you generally need the larger fit of jeans like the APC Rescue, KMW 1950, and select Japanese repro models, but you wish that the legs were slimmer and the overall fit more tailored, then these are for you.

Also, this is the same new Cone selvedge & contrast stitch that we'll use for the new delivery of Smith jeans. So you can expect the Smith to read the same. We've also tweaked the waist so there's no more sizing down one.

4441038857_05bc454aef.jpg

See Larger

4441038535_4e5ae1899b.jpg

See Larger

4441038239_0588392e12.jpg

See Larger
Note: these are doing a bit of "grab ass," but they were fresh out of the box. After a few hours of wear, they loosened up.

4441039023_f4b6536355.jpg

See Larger

Julian84

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Hey guys,

I'm thrilled to announce that the final Hoyt sample has been tested and approved. I wore it out last night to Andrew WK, got sweat, beer, and dirt all over it (hit the floor twice), washed it when I got home, and put it on this morning. The fit is right on, and the sanforized denim didn't yield any change in the top block after a wash. The length shrank a full inch.

Here are some raw, right out of the box shots. You'll notice that I never model any of the pants or jeans on our site - because I'm an awful model for them. But, these have been the best-fitting jeans that I've ever put on - just as the Rudy was the best-fitting trouser.

Like the Rudy, it's a tapered fit with more room in the seat and thighs and a higher rear rise that still maintains an overall slim profile and a small-ish leg opening. If you generally need the larger fit of jeans like the APC Rescue, KMW 1950, and select Japanese repro models, but you wish that the legs were slimmer and the overall fit more tailored, then these are for you.

Also, this is the same new Cone selvedge & contrast stitch that we'll use for the new delivery of Smith jeans. So you can expect the Smith to read the same. We've also tweaked the waist so there's no more sizing down one.

4441038857_05bc454aef.jpg

See Larger

4441038535_4e5ae1899b.jpg

See Larger

4441038239_0588392e12.jpg

See Larger
Note: these are doing a bit of "grab ass," but they were fresh out of the box. After a few hours of wear, they loosened up.

4441039023_f4b6536355.jpg

See Larger

They look awesome man. I had my bro try on my smiths and while he loved the denim the fit wasn't working at all for him, but he said he'd definitely be interested in these when they came out.

ppjjmm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet

My god you may have created my perfect jean. I wear KMW 1950s and the fit is pretty good but the ass kind of 'droops' and I'd love a smaller leg opening.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads