• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would be happy with either, but my preference actually is combo York sole with flat welt in a light antique brown.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I would be happy with either, but my preference actually is combo York sole with flat welt in a light antique brown.

Very cool. The only note is that York soles can only be done with a storm welt.

Double leathers can be done with a flat welt or storm welt.

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Very cool. The only note is that York soles can only be done with a storm welt.
Double leathers can be done with a flat welt or storm welt.

Fair enough. I would be happy with either then with a light antique edge trim/welt color; whatever others want is good by me.

Renton

Reaction score
Double leather sole with a flat welt in antique edge trim sounds good to me.

Mark me down as interested in anything on the forest last

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

Artking3

Reaction score

Yup, let's absolutely do that combo Bal boot! I love this makeup. The price is going to be great too.
Question on the sole for guys interested in ordering: are you leaning more towards double leather and flat welt or York sole and storm welt?

I'll be definately interested in this. I don't really know the differences between the soles and welts. I particularly can't find any info about York Soles. Can someone please help explain it to me or point me to a site which does? Thanks.

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Mike that Bal boot looks GREAT. Does Carmina have any access to Navy Shell? Its a color I'd love to have in my rotation. if some of my sales go through on here, I'll def be pouncing on the Bal boot pre-order...

Oh absolutely, and I have Navy shell bought and blocked out for our Fall production.

Which leads me to my next pitch... a Navy shell Austerity Brogue with antique brown edgetrim. Good lord!

is the bal boot you are ordering going to be what you described here: http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-1385/Special-Order-Chestnut-Shell/Detail (chestnut shell cordovan bal)
or did you guys edit it via previous few posts to the suede/leather combo? or is the suede/leather combo going to be an additional boot?
also what is the timeframe for this?

No, the Bal Boot that's online is the Chestnut Shell Cordovan model, as pictured and described in the listing.

The Suede/Leather model will be an additional boot, I'll put it online next week. As it's not shell, it's going to be significantly cheaper, and it will be delivered in the same October 2012 timeframe. I'll have to get final pricing from Carmina, but I'm thinking around $695 with Carmina shoe trees included.

I'll be definately interested in this. I don't really know the differences between the soles and welts. I particularly can't find any info about York Soles. Can someone please help explain it to me or point me to a site which does? Thanks.

Oh sure, these are the two options in play for the suede/leather bal boot:

York Sole and Storm Welt
The York sole is a combination of leather and rubber. It's thick, long-wearing, and water resistant. The storm welt gives the boot a wider profile and rises up to protect the edge of the upper. It gives the boot a chunkier shape. You can see it here.

Double Leather Sole and Flat Welt
This is a dressier and slimmer option for the boot. The picture posted above has a flat welt and double leather sole. So do our Fitzgerald Shortwings.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh absolutely, and I have Navy shell bought and blocked out for our Fall production.
Which leads me to my next pitch... a Navy shell Austerity Brogue with antique brown edgetrim. Good lord!

I remember suggesting that a while back. I'd be in for sure. Either an austerity or a cap toe double monk would be sweet as hell

NYR - any style preference?

Last edited:

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I remember suggesting that a while back. I'd be in for sure. Either an austerity or a cap toe double monk would be sweet as hell

I'd be all over the austerity brogue. I saw navy shell in person at the Carmina Paris store and its super dark. More midnight than navy and in certain lights looks black. With the antique brown edgetrim, that would be killer.

xinu98

Reaction score

Mike - is the navy double monk with antique brown trim mentioned earlier this year still on the table? If so, will it be MTO or will you carry a full run?

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score

Good Lord indeed! I hope this actually doesn't go through because I'd have a hard time resisting. And I REALLY REALLY do not need any more shoes! :p

Last edited:

mymil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So definitely in for the chestnut shell bal boot. I'll be putting my deposit in on the 15th!

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

No, the Bal Boot that's online is the Chestnut Shell Cordovan model, as pictured and described in the listing.

thanks for clarifying, i am highly considering the boots,

are the boots going to have a storm welt? i noticed you said york/storm in your explanation...

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I'd be all over the austerity brogue. I saw navy shell in person at the Carmina Paris store and its super dark. More midnight than navy and in certain lights looks black. With the antique brown edgetrim, that would be killer.

Uh oh... I see the Navy shell Austerity Brogue taking shape! :slayer:

I'm going to hook up that preorder next week and we'll definitely make it happen. Same last and sizing as the snuff model, so it will be easy for everyone to confidently order. The beautiful thing about properly finished navy shell is that it starts off as midnight, but then turns more and more navy with increased wear. It's gorgeous!

Mike - is the navy double monk with antique brown trim mentioned earlier this year still on the table? If so, will it be MTO or will you carry a full run?

I didn't order a run of navy shell, but we have a run of Color #8 coming around 7/15.

I'll be more than happy to build out a preorder of Navy though, that's easy to do.

So definitely in for the chestnut shell bal boot. I'll be putting my deposit in on the 15th!

Rock and roll - thank you sir!

thanks for clarifying, i am highly considering the boots,
are the boots going to have a storm welt? i noticed you said york/storm in your explanation...

It's looking like the Calf/Suede bal boots will have a flat welt. It's a dressier style with the mixed media leathers, so I think that's a nice, versatile choice for it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads