Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by NAMOR, Dec 4, 2011.

1. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

I would be happy with either, but my preference actually is combo York sole with flat welt in a light antique brown.

2. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Very cool. The only note is that York soles can only be done with a storm welt.

Double leathers can be done with a flat welt or storm welt.

3. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Fair enough. I would be happy with either then with a light antique edge trim/welt color; whatever others want is good by me.

4. sahbryant

sahbryant Senior member

^ i like this edgetrim

5. Renton

Renton Senior member

Double leather sole with a flat welt in antique edge trim sounds good to me.

Mark me down as interested in anything on the forest last

6. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012

7. Artking3

Artking3 Senior member

I'll be definately interested in this. I don't really know the differences between the soles and welts. I particularly can't find any info about York Soles. Can someone please help explain it to me or point me to a site which does? Thanks.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012

8. Epaulet

Oh absolutely, and I have Navy shell bought and blocked out for our Fall production.

Which leads me to my next pitch... a Navy shell Austerity Brogue with antique brown edgetrim. Good lord!

No, the Bal Boot that's online is the Chestnut Shell Cordovan model, as pictured and described in the listing.

The Suede/Leather model will be an additional boot, I'll put it online next week. As it's not shell, it's going to be significantly cheaper, and it will be delivered in the same October 2012 timeframe. I'll have to get final pricing from Carmina, but I'm thinking around $695 with Carmina shoe trees included.

Oh sure, these are the two options in play for the suede/leather bal boot:

York Sole and Storm Welt
    The York sole is a combination of leather and rubber. It's thick, long-wearing, and water resistant. The storm welt gives the boot a wider profile and rises up to protect the edge of the upper. It gives the boot a chunkier shape. You can see it here.

Double Leather Sole and Flat Welt
    This is a dressier and slimmer option for the boot. The picture posted above has a flat welt and double leather sole. So do our Fitzgerald Shortwings.

9. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

I remember suggesting that a while back. I'd be in for sure. Either an austerity or a cap toe double monk would be sweet as hell

NYR - any style preference?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012

10. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

I'd be all over the austerity brogue. I saw navy shell in person at the Carmina Paris store and its super dark. More midnight than navy and in certain lights looks black. With the antique brown edgetrim, that would be killer.

11. xinu98

xinu98 Well-Known Member

Mike - is the navy double monk with antique brown trim mentioned earlier this year still on the table? If so, will it be MTO or will you carry a full run?

12. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

Good Lord indeed! I hope this actually doesn't go through because I'd have a hard time resisting. And I REALLY REALLY do not need any more shoes! :p

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012

13. mymil

mymil Senior member

So definitely in for the chestnut shell bal boot. I'll be putting my deposit in on the 15th!

14. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

thanks for clarifying, i am highly considering the boots,

are the boots going to have a storm welt? i noticed you said york/storm in your explanation...

15. Epaulet

Uh oh... I see the Navy shell Austerity Brogue taking shape! :slayer:

I'm going to hook up that preorder next week and we'll definitely make it happen. Same last and sizing as the snuff model, so it will be easy for everyone to confidently order. The beautiful thing about properly finished navy shell is that it starts off as midnight, but then turns more and more navy with increased wear. It's gorgeous!

I didn't order a run of navy shell, but we have a run of Color #8 coming around 7/15.

I'll be more than happy to build out a preorder of Navy though, that's easy to do.

Rock and roll - thank you sir!

It's looking like the Calf/Suede bal boots will have a flat welt. It's a dressier style with the mixed media leathers, so I think that's a nice, versatile choice for it.