1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by NAMOR, Dec 4, 2011.

1. runningfrog

runningfrog Senior member

yesssss!! i'm really looking forward to the python brogues this fall. :slayer:

the caramel calf brogued wholecut sounds killer, i'll probably be up for that.

2. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Oh, the week of my birthday :embar:

3. 0waterbouys

0waterbouys Senior member

I'm curious, when preordering the two bal boots there wasn't an option for width. Are they stock UK E widths? (US D widths equivalent correct?)

4. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Yup, these are stock medium widths (US D equivalent).

We can also make them in wide or double wide upon request. Just let me or Matt know, and we'll build in the size for you to order.

1 person likes this.
  5. 0waterbouys

Ah, thanks for the clarification. And no need, I'm a D width.

6. 0waterbouys

Mike, are you running anymore MTO's this for fall/winter? I think an amazing makeup would be one similar to the Edward Green Galway boot I've seen NAMOR rocking. (Seriously one of the nicest boots I've laid eyes on)

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. diglett

diglett Senior member

I'm still a bit confused about sizing on the Inca last: How snug should the shoes be around the ball of one's foot? I have a pair of Carminas on Inca, and my pinky toes seem to be touching the edge of the shoe when I'm standing (which I think is just right), but when I press with my fingers from the outside of the shoe, I can feel the insole sticking out a bit more to the outside of my foot beyond the actual ball of my foot.

By no means are the shoes rattling about on my feet, but is that to be expected from the slightly wider last, or should I go down a half size?

(I tried posting in the Carmina sizing thread, but never really got any helpful responses)

8. Artking3

Artking3 Senior member

Those are gorgeous, but I'm already getting 2 boots this fall. My poor wallet...

9. bibs

bibs Senior member

Thinking of joining in the python bandwagon. I'm a UK9 in Trickers 4497 / 4444 last and my feet are pretty wide. I understand that the Rain last are not that narrow so I'm thinking of going UK9.5 just to be on the safe side

What do you guys think ? Thanks !

10. Epaulet

Oooph, those are amazing. Love the calf and scotch alternation. We could do a Chromexcel/Scotchgrain makeup along those lines.

I'd say that it depends on the style of shoe that you're wearing. Ideally, you'll want a comfortable fit in all directions. That extra space will be more noticable on a laceless style like a double monk or loafer, while a laced shoe - especially a blucher would just be tied tighter. I imagine that going down a half size is going to put too much pressure on your toes and make the shoes too short. Since the Inca is particularly wide at that spot compared to other Carmina lasts, I'd say that the Forest or Rain will probably offer you a closer fit in the same size. But if you're not sliding around in the Inca, it's not necessarily a "better" fit, unless that bit of extra space is uncomfortable.

Yes, I'd agree with that. The 4497 is the Stowe Boot last, right? That's a pretty generous fit, so I imagine you'd want to go up at least a half size to accommodate the extra width that you need. Any other Trickers owners on here who can offer some feedback?

11. 0waterbouys

I would love to see how this would look. Are we talking Alden indy brown chromexcel color? What last would it best suit? I don't know much about the various Carmina lasts but I'd imagine a very slim, sleek last would kill in that makeup.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  12. Epaulet

Yes, it's the same dark brown as the Indy 403 boot and the Wolverine 1000 mile. We could do it in any last, really. Robert might be a nice one. If we stick with Forest then we can offer it in wides as well.

13. Epaulet

And hey guys, our makeups are ending tonight for preorder. Here's the lineup again:

[​IMG]
    Special Order Black Scotchgrain Bal Boot DEPOSIT

[​IMG]
    Special Order Calf and Suede Bal Boot DEPOSIT

[​IMG]
    Special Order Cognac Python Cordovan Austerity Brogue DEPOSIT

Midnight's rolling up soon, but I'll deactivate them in the morning so I can collate everything and submit it to Carmina tomorrow. So if the items are still online, then we're still accepting orders on them.

Thanks to everyone who ordered! Can't wait to see how they come out!

14. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Mike, are these going to be on the website this week?

15. bibs

bibs Senior member

Just put in my order for a UK9.5 Python ! Did some searching and they say that the last is comparable to the 337 of C&J so I went with my usual 337 last size.

Was thinking of going 10UK just in case , but that might be a bit long already. Hopefully everything works out :nodding:

By the way, would it be possible to have toe-taps pre-installed ? Thanks !

16. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

For some reason I thought the orders ended Monday night at midnight. I went to make my order yesterday (Sunday) but my paypal account had a hold on it for security reasons. I had to reset my password and change my security questions. I didn't get that done until this morning and then when I went to pay my deposit the boots were gone. I hope I can jump on the bandwagon here at the last minute.

17. Epaulet

Not quite, but soon. Carmina's finishing up the order as we speak, and it will probably take about two weeks for shipping and customs. I'll post up everything here as soon as it arrives.

We should be good on all of the listed styles except the Sinclair in Cognac shell. We used all of the available Cognac for that awesome Bal Boot MTO project, so that's been pushed out until 9/15. And the loafers will be a handsewn in Snuff Suede and a Goodyear Welted model in Caramel calf.

Thank you sir! Unfortunately we can't put toe-taps onto it, but we can forward it to B.Nelson for you. We've done that for customers in the past. We send B.Nelson the shoes, you pay them for the modification, and they ship them out to you after it's done. It's pretty easy, and they do great work.

I am so freaking excited about the Python. I think that it's a really unique material, and it makes up beautifully as a shoe. In Mallorca we actually met with the python supplier and there are TONS of colors available. The skins are dyed and colored by hand in Italy, so it's relatively easy to get them and there's a huge range of possibilities. How boss would a navy python balmoral captoe be for Spring?

18. Epaulet

Oh man, I'm sorry, you are 100% correct. They were set to end tonight rather than yesterday - that was my mistake.

Everything is reactivated and should be back on the site shortly. And I'll check in all day, but if anyone wants to order and needs a size or width added, then let me know. We'll absolutely get you onto the preorder.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  19. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

Just paid! Thanks!!!

20. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

YES. Was half-and-half on the austerity and burgundy colour. Still wanted it, but funds limited ATM. But, a python navy captoe I'd be all over!