• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

suuteebird

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3FB1A7EA-FA1C-48E1-846E-B70A00977A9F.jpeg

Black heavyweight cashmere sport coat and Kiton pocket square

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@applky dude, you seriously have the best suit collection ever. What great photos!

Thanks Mike! That’s very kind of you to say. I really appreciate it. Looking forward to the four more incoming Single Cuts!

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet You know my preference for loud and obnoxious shants... is there such a thing as loud and obnoxious linens and other summer weights for trousers? :p

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
46465876594_d861e727ac_o_d.jpg

Brown suit from a few EFFs ago, a S150s VBC brown graycast twill. There are a few brown or burgundy suiting options this this time around. Don't sleep on them! I wear this thing constantly.

EP Individualized DJA Sea Island Cotton shirt. (Tie and PS are Vanda.)

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EFF Trousers and carmel calfskin EP/Carmina Alt Weins from years back

27F56880-9928-4CA9-9304-3F1F69518267.jpeg

shabbytraddy

Reaction score
46465876594_d861e727ac_o_d.jpg

Brown suit from a few EFFs ago, a S150s VBC brown graycast twill. There are a few brown or burgundy suiting options this this time around. Don't sleep on them! I wear this thing constantly.

EP Individualized DJA Sea Island Cotton shirt. (Tie and PS are Vanda.)

I spy with my little eye a very special pocket square rising from the ashes...

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I spy with my little eye a very special pocket square rising from the ashes...

Sharp eye! Yes it is the Vanda Phoenix. Should have gone with a puff over a fold in this case, but it was a worthwhile experiment.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet timeline on the Gitman EFf? Sorry.... Only caught a few seconds of the live IG, then all hell broke loose. Kids got in a brawl, and well... we all know the rest....

Pics would be great

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone care to weigh in with their pics for a blue linen from this round of sport coats?

SC1_2048x.jpg

SC2_2048x.jpg

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends what your after but that Albini indigo is about as good as a blue linen gets. I like a saturated blue coloured linen.

Lighter versions can come off as cheap IMO

shabbytraddy

Reaction score
Anyone care to weigh in with their pics for a blue linen from this round of sport coats?

SC1_2048x.jpg

SC2_2048x.jpg

Depends what your after but that Albini indigo is about as good as a blue linen gets. I like a saturated blue coloured linen.

Lighter versions can come off as cheap IMO

+1

I would have taken this fabric if I didn't already have one of the indigo cotton Sinclairs en route.

Fox Bros. looks really cool, but I'm not so great with light jackets.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think either of the indigo linens or the washed denim would make a great casual sport coat but the robin's egg might be my favorite. It's a bit lighter but not so light and bright that it looks like you should be wearing it as you pull up to your South Florida country club in your Buick with the landau roof for dinner at 4:00 p.m. (the Fox Brothers Indigo Linen would be my second choice).

IMO, the emerald, topaz, and sea foam are all too jewel tone-y for my tastes.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn, tempted by that forest and tangerine kenya print...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics