1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

@Patrick R you wear it so well!

PM'ing ya

@lifeinabox absolutely, I'll have all the swatches with me tomorrow at the studio to do IG live and I can shoot any pics/videos on demand.

2. Epaulet

And BTW, since it's safe to say that we're all into pants on this thread... this John Mayer video about them is pretty hilarious at times.

3. TommyB

TommyB Senior Member

I want a pair of pants in that caramel cord. Hopefully there will be some fabric left for that too.

4. Sartorium

Sartorium Senior Member

Jumped on the dove grey Estrato. Left a couple of questions in the order form and might still need to change a couple of details. Mike, how "white" are the white MoP buttons? On the order page they look almost silver-ish. Are they lighter in colour than the fabric?

5. applky

applky Distinguished Member

A terrific Southwick EFF, Mike. Thanks for selecting such great fabrics. My pickups this round:

Albini River Topaz Linen SC
    Duca Visconti Caramel Corduroy suit
    Hardy Minnis Heathered Gray Fresco suit
    Dove Gray Estrato suit

Regarding the corduroy: I've never owned a Southwick-made cotton trouser before. They've all either been wool or blends. Does anyone find that Southwick cotton trousers make up either larger or smaller, especially in the waist?

6. Epaulet

@TommyB ah my apologies, that fabric got completely zapped, but we'll have many of the other ones available as trousers.

@Sartorium they're beautiful.. more of a light cream than a silver. If you're not sold on them entirely, then I'd suggest moving to either tan horn or Smoke MOP though. The Estrato suit is a light tone, but it's wearable all year round. But the white buttons are going to make it look very Summer-ish. Though that might be okay if you only intend to wear it in the warm weather.

Photo Feb 20, 1 30 59 PM.jpg

7. applky

@Sartorium Jumping in on what Mike said, they're not intensely mottled like some MOPs, like you'd find on, say, a Luigi Bianchi jacket (those I think are painted or dyed). I went with horn buttons on the Pearl Gray Estrato, and white MOP buttons on the River Topaz Linen SC. Mike's photo is def a good representation. Here are some old photos of SW suits of mine that have white MOP buttons:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Sartorium

Sartorium Senior Member

Thanks for the photo tour, that blue windowpane is insanely boss. Anyone have some pictures of Smoke MOP in the wild?

9. applky

Thanks! And yeah it’s a great one. Patterned suits should get more love.

This SC has smoke MOP buttons:

5E7B4853-253E-4CD6-BC53-53EBBF3458F1.jpeg

CE440A1B-0955-474E-8210-699CF114F1C0.jpeg

10. BoboMax

BoboMax Senior Member

54A95368-0695-465B-A393-2206F9136413.jpeg Unfortunately my favorite pair of tweed slim Walts ripped today.

Think this is repairable?

11. L.I.T.

L.I.T. Senior Member

Might be pricey but there's some shops that reweave things like that.

12. losrockets

losrockets Distinguished Member

@Epaulet last month you mentioned sourcing a heavyweight linen for dyeing and there was a discussion about doing a few one-offs in black. Any pics of how this fabric comes out, either dyed or raw? I've got it stuck in my head to do a charcoal sinclair and matching EZ/jungle pants (don't know my fit in these though). You could PM me what it might cost as well if this could be a thing.

13. suuteebird

suuteebird Senior Member

0A99DA53-AC45-417E-B032-D23FED577BDA.jpeg
    Robert Noble Fern Multi-Check trouser.

14. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Distinguished Member

Damn ^

@Epaulet very intrigued by said EZ Pant additions. Fairfax Too?

15. Epaulet

@applky dude, you seriously have the best suit collection ever. What great photos!

@BoboMax ah man, I'm sorry to see that. You can try to have the fabric rewoven, but that's typically pretty expensive. If that hole is in a fairly inconspicuous place then you can have a tailor patch it with a similar weight of wool.

@losrockets it's still a consideration, though I honestly haven't done any movement on this. We're working on getting our first bits of Spring product finished, which are on the heavier side so that you can wear them now as transition pieces. Linen the the like is going to come later in the season.

That said, our first three MTO doyle's are finishing by next Friday. Took about 5.5 weeks for this first go around, but I think that we can get it down to about three in the future. This first time had some kinks to work out. I have two beautiful Irish linens (Platinum & Grape) that can make up about 2 Doyles each. Once the first MTO's come in, I'm going to build out an entire MTO assortment for the Doyle with a bunch of great fabrics that we picked up from Hertling & Southwick.

Looks great! @suuteebird