• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What color are the Iron Indy Boots in Earth Chamois?

On the website one picture looks like they are black while the other picture(taken outside) it looks like a navy color

@Mr Engineer they're a very dark brown, and nearly black. Pretty much black for all intents and purposes.

@Epaulet On the ball cap, are you thinking fitted? Flex fit type set-up? Adjustable closure?

Looks sharp

@avsmusic1 it has an adjustable closure in the back - a leather strap and a clasp. Works very well, and the hat is extremely comfortable.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
I expect to get Luigi OTR jackets in the next few weeks. We'll then roll out Spring Southwick MTO (early March) and Luigi MTO (mid-March). We typically offer 10% off for a week when the MTO's go live. We got great feedback on our Southwick EFF items, so it's great time to get a staple suit if you want one.

With the discount, you'd be able to get a Barberis wool Southwick suit at $1000. Not quite as cheap as the $795 EFF price, but you have a ton of great year-round suiting wool options for it.

Excellent news on both fronts.

avsmusic1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@avsmusic1 it has an adjustable closure in the back - a leather strap and a clasp. Works very well, and the hat is extremely comfortable.
Sounds good. I have a larger head and find it surprisingly difficult to find hats - even when I find versions that fit they are too ostentatious

What's "polo suede?"
Is the brim plastic?

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sounds good. I have a larger head and find it surprisingly difficult to find hats - even when I find versions that fit they are too ostentatious

What's "polo suede?"
Is the brim plastic

@avsmusic1 polo suede is a slightly reddish version of snuff suede. Kind of like a reddish tobacco.

Cardboard brim all the way! This thing is OG. You can bend a permanent crease into it if you like.

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the idea of an EP suede had but would prefer a 6 panel. For some reason traditional camp/5 panels in luxe fabrics aren't appealing to me.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Huh, tried to post but I guess it didn't take. Anyway, a low-crown 5-panel sounds awesome, especially in the polo suede color.

eljlakers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I got the Cramerton today in my usual EP size (33), and it's pretty tight in the top block. Noticeably more than my Ripstop rivet. Just weighing whether it will loosen through a bit if wear to just about perfect or if it's a little too Eurotight.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So I got the Cramerton today in my usual EP size (33), and it's pretty tight in the top block. Noticeably more than my Ripstop rivet. Just weighing whether it will loosen through a bit if wear to just about perfect or if it's a little too Eurotight.

@eljlakers feel free to post or email a pic, but think of it like the Wilshire jean. It's absolutely going to stretch and break in a bit as you wear it. The measurement was pretty consistent with our unwashed Rivets when we checked it out post-stretch.

OG all the way. Can't stand the flat brim and newer looks.

Huh, tried to post but I guess it didn't take. Anyway, a low-crown 5-panel sounds awesome, especially in the polo suede color.

I love the idea of an EP suede had but would prefer a 6 panel. For some reason traditional camp/5 panels in luxe fabrics aren't appealing to me.

It's the truth! I have a 5-panel sample in black nappa calf. We'll run both of them in Polo suede!

Jalt

Reaction score
I had pre-ordered the ironside Indys. When they came in without the contrast stitching I decided i didn't want them. Not EP fault. They sent me emails saying I needed to pay or Lise deposit. I emailed back and said I would expect a store credit. Am I wrong to expect that? I never heard back from them.

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had pre-ordered the ironside Indys. When they came in without the contrast stitching I decided i didn't want them. Not EP fault. They sent me emails saying I needed to pay or Lise deposit. I emailed back and said I would expect a store credit. Am I wrong to expect that? I never heard back from them.

seems a perfect question to direct to one of the EP members through private message

Jalt

Reaction score

seems a perfect question to direct to one of the EP members through private message

I emailed EP twice. So now I should PM them? Send a postcard next? I was curious from the community if I am in the right or wrong. If I am wrong and I should forfeit my deposit I will drop it.

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I emailed EP twice. So now I should PM them? Send a postcard next? I was curious from the community if I am in the right or wrong. If I am wrong and I should forfeit my deposit I will drop it.
Mike just said that he was buried in PMs and that it was probably not a good way to get a response (esp. while he is in Europe). Have you tried calling one of the stores? Emails can easily get lost in the shuffle sometimes with predominantly online retailers but a call will usually get the ball rolling. I have no clue as to the "ethics" of what to do with/about the deposit but a phone call might put you one step closer to an answer.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william.robertshaw08