• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Badandy

Reaction score

I thought might was a bit large and I wear a medium. The shoulders fit extremely well, there needs to be a bit of room to layer.

The shoulders fit extremely well on mine as well but there is a lot of room to the point where it looks just long and boxy on me. Strange. Not sure whether to try to nuke it or send it back and just chalk it up to it just not being a piece that fits me in particular.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chopping some firewood this morning in EP Indy's and EP moleskin over shirt from several years ago

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Do I need to nuke/shrink the olive duck canvas field jacket? I ordered a small (small in epaulet shirts fit well/snug) and there sure seems to be a lot of room...

My field jacket is the roomiest of my EP outerwear. But I don't think sizing down would be good as the shoulders are spot on. I think it's built for layering and a bit more of that classic straight fit

Jdub6

Reaction score
My field jacket is the roomiest of my EP outerwear. But I don't think sizing down would be good as the shoulders are spot on. I think it's built for layering and a bit more of that classic straight fit
Fit looks like a Barbour equivalent yet a bit roomier then their dept b fit.(?) Tough call between the waxed canvas and moleskin. Sweet jackets.

OdusBK

Reaction score
Anyone else having a tough time with the snaps? one of mine just doesn't want to close. Wondering if there is a fix for this (i swear its not just because im weak)

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Anybody own the Sienna Brown Wool/Cashmere/Mink trousers? Thoughts?

@edubs01 I'm going to take some new fit photos for this on Monday, along with photos of the Gable single pleat trouser WHICH JUST ARRIVED YESTERDAY....

Quote:

@Don L excellent - glad that you like it!!
I may have missed it over t he last couple of weeks when I was somewhat AWOL, but has there been an ETA given on the ends for friends shirting event from October?

@Handcuffed the New England One? That's getting delivered in the next few weeks. Stated time frame was before Christmas.

Good day to break out the Gitman Choice cuts coffee and cream very fuzzy flannel. Happy Thanksgiving Gentlemen.

@budapest12 that made up beautifully!

(Please ignore this post until after Thanksgiving)

I notice the EFF page is still active. Is it actually live, and if so for how much longer? I'd been waiting to pull the trigger until I see the sample sale for Rudy and similar cuts.

@nickpapagiorgio it technically ended a few days ago, but the factory is closed today and tomorrow, so nothing is getting cut until Monday anyway. If you want to order in the next few days then we'll add it in.

Do I need to nuke/shrink the olive duck canvas field jacket? I ordered a small (small in epaulet shirts fit well/snug) and there sure seems to be a lot of room...

@Badandy so, the Moleskin jackets were washed, but the Duck Canvas and Scatter Camo ones were not. Shrinkage isn't really an issue with them, but you'll probably notice that the jacket softens up and fits better all around. It's similar to raw denim and how it fits a little wonky when it's unwashed. I noticed that on my Scatter Camo piece.

If you like, go ahead and run it through a cold wash & hang dry cycle. We can still take it back after that if you don't like the resulting fit, as it should have gotten a rinse wash anyway. I think that you'll notice a positive change though.

The Field Jacket is not as fitted as the Doyle or the Essex jacket - although it's a lot slimmer than the typical M65 jacket. It's meant to take the usual military fit and give it a closer, more athletic cut.

@rydenfan yup, that's the intention.

Anyone else having a tough time with the snaps? one of mine just doesn't want to close. Wondering if there is a fix for this (i swear its not just because im weak)

@OdusBK drop me an email if you can't get it to work - snaps are put in with a press and it's rare, but possible for one to get deformed during the operation. If that's the case then we can have that fixed for you quickly.

kwanon

Reaction score
Are we going to be seeing more in the running trainer shape? Or was that an experiment that hasn't panned out?

theh00d

Reaction score
Looks a like a bunch of stuff got added to the sale section including the l.b.m overcoat.
If only there was 48/36 left.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads