• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

theh00d

Reaction score
^ I'm in the Bay Area too haha.

Was reading through the post. Did I miss out on the pearl grey hopsack? Damn it!
Thinking of getting the champagne hopsack or grey donegal tweed.

I wear Howard Yount in the old italian fit. If anyone is familiar, I should get the Walts fit?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Champagne Hopsack is the business. Would've snagged with the Pearl Gray if I hadn't placed an order already earlier in the day - but either way, I'm just happy to finally be in on one of these.

docalden2013

Reaction score
This EFF has gone just like every other before it. @Epaulet announces the event. I tell myself the wardrobe is solid enough and doesn't require any additions at this time. Secretly, I brace myself knowing I'm at risk of an impulse purchase. I tell myself those new Japanese jeans should require a solid period of daily wear and therefore new pants would actually represent a self destructive act of patina sabotage. I take comfort in knowing I have a busy workday ahead and that this might shield me by way of other guys kopping all the best fabrics. I get home, fire up this thread and read 80 new posts of excitement and figment questions. I see DonL's outfits, tricky' fits, some other guys' close ups of fabrics bought during other prior Effs. And then I end up pulling trigger on Pale Grape walts. I go to sleep wondering what else will end up in my cart during a morning break tomorrow.

tkliebert

Reaction score
Temptation got the best of me today and I picked up a few pair of trousers. I was curious to know, if you guys tailor your flannel and tweed pants with a cuff? How about the REDA champagne hopsack?

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I am a size 34 in the Wilshire jean, and it fits me perfectly, what size would I be in the Walt? or should I be looking at a different ft?

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some recent EP fits:

Walt Trousers and Alden Boots

Camo MTO and Trainers:

Trainers actually training:

Trainers and Flannel Shirt (not so crazy about the jeans in this particular fit, think they're better suited toward boots.

evilWagon

Reaction score
Anyone with experience with the flannel and tweed; I had a lesser quality pair of grey flannel slacks but they would loose a crease halway through the day, in the morning pressed they looked great with #8 shell but by the end of the day they looked like rumpled casual pants so I eventually binned them.

Is this a problem that you'd run into with this better quality flannel? Or ever with the tweed? I need to test my size in the Rudys and this seems like a great opprutunity. My workplace is more the odd jacket/open collar type of business casual (architectural office) with the typical abuses and rarity of ties but I prefer to dress on the smart/polished side as often the clients are more formal. And no I don't only wear black turtlenecks.

Last edited:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Anyone with experience with the flannel and tweed; I had a lesser quality pair of grey flannel slacks but they would loose a crease halway through the day, in the morning pressed they looked great with #8 shell but by the end of the day they looked like rumpled casual pants so I eventually binned them.

Is this a problem that you'd run into with this better quality flannel? Or ever with the tweed? I need to test my size in the Rudys and this seems like a great opprutunity. My workplace is more the odd jacket/open collar type of business casual (architectural office) with the typical abuses and rarity of ties but I prefer to dress on the smart/polished side as often the clients are more formal. And no I don't only wear black turtlenecks.

The pair I posted above are a flannel pant....Epaulet won't pick a cloth that won't work well through the rigors of a work day. As a teacher, I'm all over the place, and its one of the reasons why I've basically been in Epaulet and denim ALL the time. Tweed is basically woolen denim IMO, and you won't find that happening with REAL tweed, which is what EP uses. Its one of the things I love about them, the won't cheap out on fabric...the pants may be a bit more $$, but you know your getting the real deal, and fwiw, worth every penny.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear M in almost all EP so small should work. In the spirit of vests, here's my EP moleskin, size 40 (23" back length). With EP shirt and Walt cords.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wear M in almost all EP so small should work. In the spirit of vests, here's my EP moleskin, size 40 (23" back length). With EP shirt and Walt cords.

so if the sample measurement is from the back.. we'd be good on back length... time to wait for mike's word

Last edited:

evilWagon

Reaction score

The pair I posted above are a flannel pant....Epaulet won't pick a cloth that won't work well through the rigors of a work day. As a teacher, I'm all over the place, and its one of the reasons why I've basically been in Epaulet and denim ALL the time. Tweed is basically woolen denim IMO, and you won't find that happening with REAL tweed, which is what EP uses. Its one of the things I love about them, the won't cheap out on fabric...the pants may be a bit more $$, but you know your getting the real deal, and fwiw, worth every penny.

Thank you; I appreciate the quick feedback especially from a member whose fits I've always admired.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanantx24