• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Goodman

Reaction score
Before we get off the topic completely. In the market for something on the dressier side of things in the light brownish family. Perhaps something to pair with a nice navy cashmere sweaters/sports coats. Trying to narrow it down between Stony Beach Donegal, Chex Mix flannel and the Abe Moon Mocha and Toasty tweeds. I'm open for suggestions.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No indigo hopsack unfortunately, but the good folks here at Hertling were able to dig up some pearl grey & champagne REDA hopsack for us - these are going up momentarily!
I have both Pearl and Champagne and can highly recommend them. Tough as nails hopsack

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I've had a pair for a few years and are my most complimented pair of pants

Purpleish pants are the best. You can wear them with nearly everything.

Before we get off the topic completely. In the market for something on the dressier side of things in the light brownish family. Perhaps something to pair with a nice navy cashmere sweaters/sports coats. Trying to narrow it down between Stony Beach Donegal, Chex Mix flannel and the Abe Moon Mocha and Toasty tweeds. I'm open for suggestions.

You could wear pretty much all of those with dressier stuff! Really burly flannels/tweeds are going to be less natural with a superfine wool SC but with pretty much everything else you will be A-OK. I wear crazy flannels/tweeds with hopsack wools all the time. And my personal preference is always for tweeds. Flannels feel fantastic but tweeds usually have more mottling in the sunlight, which is what I'm going for with basically everything I wear in cold weather. Though some of those flannels look like they have interesting color variegation. It would be tough to go wrong!

For what it's worth, one of my least worn warm-weather pants is a solid brown heavy wool. So go for something interesting!

Wooderson

Reaction score
@Epaulet any update on this round of heirloom sweaters? Any chance they still come in before Thanksgiving? Thanks

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@epaulet can you remind which fabrics typically make up bigger and smaller? I'm currently in between sizes (an annoying place to be)

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@epaulet can you remind which fabrics typically make up bigger and smaller? I'm currently in between sizes (an annoying place to be)

TBH, I couldn't remember either, and just sized up to be sure.

ReedCA

Reaction score

My experience has been that the winter weight flannel and tweed make up a touch larger than the four season/summer weight hopsack, linen, ect. I only order Rudys now, but I have a few winter weight Walts that I can wear, albeit slightly tight in the thigh.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am very sad that I am on a buying hiatus!

Terrible news my friend :(

TBH, I couldn't remember either, and just sized up to be sure.

Probably the safest. I'm enjoying the extra calories and no plans to diet down anytime soon!

My experience has been that the winter weight flannel and tweed make up a touch larger than the four season/summer weight hopsack, linen, ect. I only order Rudys now, but I have a few winter weight Walts that I can wear, albeit slightly tight in the thigh.

Sounds about right from what I remember. How do you like the Rudy fit? I can use a touch of room in the seat.

ReedCA

Reaction score

Sounds about right from what I remember. How do you like the Rudy fit? I can use a touch of room in the seat.

I love it. The seat and thighs are the hardest fit for me. I picked up a pair of Rudys from the sale section a few years ago and have been ordering Rudy ever since. The extra seat and thigh room is key for me and they still have a modern tailored silhouette.

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am very sad that I am on a buying hiatus!

you and me both
frown.gif

I'm trying to hold off on pants etc until I get my weight under control. Too much Corona and spanish food with this new girlfriend lol

brp2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I snagged the Pale Grape Flannel from someone off of SF a few months ago. Some of my favorites. They get lots of compliments and aren't garishly loud.

I wore my pair today. They're fantastic if anyone is on the fence. And the Honey Nut look a lot like the Russets I picked up a while back.

Also, some amazing fabrics in there. I'm really tempted by at least five of them.

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too many EFF choices! I'm in the SF/Bay but was thinking about the Heavy Marl Flannels. My fear is there going to be too heavy.
Does anyone know the weight of the Abraham Moon tweeds?
Champagne Hop is calling too. I can wear hopsack year round here. Ugh. Decisions, decisions.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchaslimprix