• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The gentle, substantial arch of the Gitman Ashland cutaway collar. The love affair continues.
(Both points always touch the body. My posture and neck were just off because I took the pic myself. SVB this was the shirt I read you as wearing in your previous pic.)
Do you know if this is the sartorial cut away that's available in the MTO program?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Do you know if this is the sartorial cut away that's available in the MTO program?
It's very close, that's how the Gitman collar sits as well
I'd get the Luigi Bianchi Mantova SC and match with lightweight wool trousers. Most summer weddings usually are casual enough for this.
Navy hopsack.
Two great suggestions for a Summer wedding. Navy Hopsack is far and away our best seller. It matches everything and is supremely versatile as a jacket, trouser or suit. The Luigi Bianchi "Vittorio" jacket is the most comfortable sportcoat that I've ever worn. Wearing that with grey trousers would be a brilliant match, and you'd find plenty of use for the jacket after the event.
Wool/Cash/Mink today for the inaugural run. Color is almost as deep as the Ravello. Natural light and Florescent light comparison shot
Sharp! That looks great
I've been looking at cowboy & roper boots a lot recently, and there's just so much out there. I thought we obsessed over details, but that's a whole different world.
At the very least...a group buy. You've got one order right here
Done. I'm putting a roper boot on the product dev list.
Sashiko Kamigata will be so outstandingly fresh, if they do that. Of course, I'm in for the one wash denim as shown. And I was thinking more about the design and I can really see where EP is coming from: If you want a traditional noragi, they are out there at some price or another. The point here, as I understand it, is to have a piece that's inspired by the noragi, but is distinctive and specific to Epaulet. Very good. So I'll just keep thinking about internet clothes, then. :)
Mike -- you look ready to kick some butt in that Kamigata jacket! I'm very interested in this -- sleeve length might be an issue for me (arms too short) but maybe I could have it altered without too much trouble.
Hell yes to the kamigata jacket. You guys crank out lots of goodies, but that is next level even for you. Great work! Oh, and x2 for a refresher on asking about estimated cost and fabric options
Glad that you guys dig the Kamigata! We're jazzed about it! My apologies that I don't look too jazzed in the photos. That's what psycho sleep deprivation looks like. And it ain't that pretty! But regarding the jacket, FrankCowperwood nailed it. The Kamigata is our own design, and a way to work that Japanese look into a more practical piece which still maintains our overall Epaulet fit and profile. For the launch item, we're going to use that one-wash heavyweight Nihon Menpu denim - the same as the current Western and Engineer shirt. Pricing should fall around the $160 - $170 range. Depending on its success, I'll start to roll out more options, including the Shashiko and maybe even a cotton/linen blend. And @Todd V... the sleeves will be very easy to shorten. It has button cuffs, but there is no gauntlet opening or button. This is mostly to keep the shape simple. We didn't want them to look too much like shirt sleeves, but we wanted a button cuff so that the sleeves can be rolled. But the side effect is that shortening the sleeves is really easy. The tailor just cuts off the cuff and re-attaches it up an inch or two. Sleeves are usually too long for me, so I'll have that done on my personal Kamigata.
sweet! Still planned to drop at $200ish? I think that was the price point... hope i did'nt just make that number up. Also, what colors will you have? All of my casual jackets are very fallish, so i am looking forward to this.... the color of the fall blouson you guys had this year (can't believe that made it to the sale section) works well, but spring screams cotton or linen to me. I have been holding off on a pair of drigs just for this.
The French Work jacket will come in navy and moss duck canvas - both enzyme washed for softness and a little bit of fading. Pricing is planned at $175 for this fabric. They're on the darker realm, but navy and olive are year-round colors, and these could be easily brightened up with a lighter trouser or jean. Should be here soon!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
EPLA Sweatshirt Sample Pics

Got some more shots to show you. Here's our fairly final sweatshirt sample in PFD (prepare for dye) 15oz French Terry...

Sorry for the lousy snapshot quality here - I only had a few minutes before I had to pass it on to the dye house.

I'm really jazzed about this. The basic idea is:

1) Tailored slim fit, a bit slimmer than our crewneck sweat. Moves perfectly in line with our shirting and tees.
2) 15oz french terry has a "dry" looped hand on the inside so it will be a comfortable year-round garment. It's a nice, typical medium weight
3) We'll offer two colors for the first run. One will be natural dark indigo dye, which will wash out with wear. I'm actually debating color two, open to what you guys would like
4) Extended front pockets hold a lot of stuff if need be and have a high opening to keep things in
5) The interior will have two buttoned pockets to hold additional things securely (pictured here without a button and a bit smaller than it will ultimately be)
6) The hood is lined in t-shirt jersey so that it's comfortable but not crazy thick or flopping around
7) The zipper will be a US-made single direction heavyweight zip with a gunmetal pull. A great quality piece on the level of Riri, but made domestically

So that's basically it. With the pockets, this will be a more usable piece that can stand in for a jacket. It will be made of fantastic quality fabric, fully constructed in LA, and keep a slim profile that matches up with what we typically do. Not sure on pricing just yet, but should be in line with the crewneck. And don't be put off by loose threads or some extraneous stitching lines coming out of the pockets - this is just the prototype. The final piece will be clean as hell.

Last edited:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sick!! I wear hoodies a lot. I cannot wait!!

My vote is antique black or a soft red

Last edited:

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just looked at the two collars side by side and they appear identical. I can post pics of my MTO and my Ashlands later.

EPLA Sweatshirt Sample Pics

3) We'll offer two colors for the first run. One will be natural dark indigo dye, which will wash out with wear. I'm actually debating color two, open to what you guys would like

Washed out/military green. Not bright green at all, but very muted, almost grayish.

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Great color suggestions so far! I'm actually thinking of a pale olive / tobacco tone that would jive nicely with chinos and indigo denim. I've always wanted that color and it's a tough one to find. We're going to keep this first run pretty tight, but I can see us stocking a bunch of hoodie colors down the road.

You like the idea of taking some indigo units and overdyeing them with black? Fades would be pretty insane from that as you wash it.

Any plans for a pullover hoodie as well?

Not at the moment, but we'll do a new run of crewnecks with these colors as well. But I'm thinking of a pullover hoodie with some kind of modified kangaroo pocket and side zips for the Fall. We're also developing an extremely heavyweight French terry to run.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads