1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. CPaul

CPaul Senior Member

There are denim jackets in the works too right? Are those gonna be available soon too?

2. budapest12

budapest12 Distinguished Member

black overdyed indigo -- absolutely

also liked the military green/grey idea and the olive/tobacco.

been looking at hoody options for ages. i'd buy one of those, no question.

3. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Agreed - I'm going to speak with them about black OD tomorrow. I think that would be really rad!

Absolutely. In sewing now, will be launched in the next 2-3 weeks:

[​IMG]

Not for this season unfortunately, but I've got some things in work for Fall

4. eddiemczee

eddiemczee Senior Member

+1. Lately, I've been thinking about how nice a pair of sweatpants would be for lounging about the house. Can't wait to see what comes up!

5. CPaul

CPaul Senior Member

Gonna be a tough choice between this and the work jacket. Any more details? I think you mentioned a few different washes in the past and maybe selvedge?

NM, saw your post a couple pages back. Sounds great. Just hope the jacket isn't too cropped like most (cropped jackets look off on a 6' 3" frame haha)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014

6. neutrino

neutrino Senior Member

White and grey selvedge online.

7. stmaier

stmaier Senior Member

Will there be a Rudy option for sweats? Every slim fit sweatpant I have tried look like tights on me.

8. bkotsko

bkotsko Distinguished Member

I am excited about the grey. Ordered and now we wait.

9. applky

applky Distinguished Member

This sounds great.

10. Dirty Gurty

Dirty Gurty Senior Member

Those greys are pretty tight! Is my monitor screwy or are they almost black?

11. asaa1000

asaa1000 Senior Member

Mike or Matt I'm curious on how deerskin is compared to other hides in terms of thickness, softness, durability, etc, and how it's different from cow/lamb. I find it hard to determine leather qualities online. No knock on Toj, I had their lamb jacket that was buttery soft, but to a point where I feel it's just too fragile to be worn without worrying about it all the time.

12. rydenfan

rydenfan Distinguished Member

Grey Wilshire ordered! So much for my no more denim rule...

13. zinc2162

zinc2162 Senior Member

Picked up the grey pair as well.

14. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Distinguished Member

Walts and Geelong cardigan:

[​IMG]

15. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Thank you guys! The jeans are selling really great today - we appreciate all of the support! Very exciting on this end.

My apologies for the lack of fit photos - I know that the studio shots aren't the best guide of the true colors. The White is a true, optical bright white. The grey is about a true charcoal, but definitely not black. I should be able to have natural light fit shots tomorrow (weather permitting), but either way I'll shoot some pics of the jeans folded down outdoors to give you a better idea of the color.

But yeah, the white jean is absolutely the best white selvedge jean of all time. This denim is absolutely brilliant. I've sold about 10 pairs in the SM store, and everyone who tried it on left with a pair. The grey is cool as hell, especially with the tone-on-tone stitching. They're pretty unique, and a nice option for guys who are already overloaded with indigo options.

Just to note: the measurements are very consistent, but the white is going to feel a bit tighter on the first wear. As always, it shouldn't be really tight or unwearable. But a little tight is desirable, as they are preshrunk and they will break in and stretch with wear.

Deerskin is in a whole other world. It's expensive and desirable because it marries an extremely soft and luxurious hand with a strong degree of durability. Lamb is indeed a more sensitive skin. I believe that many of the TOJ designs are aiming for the higher-fashion customer, and using very fine skins is a great match for that. Our leather jackets are targeted more at the guys who would buy a Schott or Lewis Leathers piece, but want something softer and better made. So they're really designed for two different purposes.

Deerskin is freaking brilliant. If you like the shape of the jacket and the look of it, then you are absolutely guaranteed to be blown away by how it feels and wears. I've seen a lot of nice deerskin in my time, and this is one of the best deerskins that I've ever encountered. That jacket sold very quickly for good reason.

Honestly, probably not - at least in the early days of this product. Knits have huge minimums for production, so it's unfortunately not realistic for us to stock multiple fits. Fairfax jean sample is coming through shortly though!

We won't be able to do MTO on the French Work jacket, but we should be able to accomodate long sizes with our reorders.

They're going to be entirely different jackets, so it will come down to your style and preference. I think many guys could use both in their wardrobe. The Work Jacket will lend itself more to being dressed up though.