1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Distinguished Member

Stoked to see what these look like.

2. scottcw

scottcw Distinguished Member

Navy hopsack.

3. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Distinguished Member

Do you know if this is the sartorial cut away that's available in the MTO program?

4. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

Oh... yeah, no. Mine was mtm.

5. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

It's very close, that's how the Gitman collar sits as well
    Two great suggestions for a Summer wedding. Navy Hopsack is far and away our best seller. It matches everything and is supremely versatile as a jacket, trouser or suit. The Luigi Bianchi "Vittorio" jacket is the most comfortable sportcoat that I've ever worn. Wearing that with grey trousers would be a brilliant match, and you'd find plenty of use for the jacket after the event.
    Sharp! That looks great
    Done. I'm putting a roper boot on the product dev list.
    Glad that you guys dig the Kamigata! We're jazzed about it! My apologies that I don't look too jazzed in the photos. That's what psycho sleep deprivation looks like. And it ain't that pretty! But regarding the jacket, FrankCowperwood nailed it. The Kamigata is our own design, and a way to work that Japanese look into a more practical piece which still maintains our overall Epaulet fit and profile. For the launch item, we're going to use that one-wash heavyweight Nihon Menpu denim - the same as the current Western and Engineer shirt. Pricing should fall around the $160 - $170 range. Depending on its success, I'll start to roll out more options, including the Shashiko and maybe even a cotton/linen blend. And @Todd V... the sleeves will be very easy to shorten. It has button cuffs, but there is no gauntlet opening or button. This is mostly to keep the shape simple. We didn't want them to look too much like shirt sleeves, but we wanted a button cuff so that the sleeves can be rolled. But the side effect is that shortening the sleeves is really easy. The tailor just cuts off the cuff and re-attaches it up an inch or two. Sleeves are usually too long for me, so I'll have that done on my personal Kamigata.
    The French Work jacket will come in navy and moss duck canvas - both enzyme washed for softness and a little bit of fading. Pricing is planned at $175 for this fabric. They're on the darker realm, but navy and olive are year-round colors, and these could be easily brightened up with a lighter trouser or jean. Should be here soon!

6. Epaulet

EPLA Sweatshirt Sample Pics

Got some more shots to show you. Here's our fairly final sweatshirt sample in PFD (prepare for dye) 15oz French Terry...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry for the lousy snapshot quality here - I only had a few minutes before I had to pass it on to the dye house.

I'm really jazzed about this. The basic idea is:

1) Tailored slim fit, a bit slimmer than our crewneck sweat. Moves perfectly in line with our shirting and tees.
    2) 15oz french terry has a "dry" looped hand on the inside so it will be a comfortable year-round garment. It's a nice, typical medium weight
    3) We'll offer two colors for the first run. One will be natural dark indigo dye, which will wash out with wear. I'm actually debating color two, open to what you guys would like
    4) Extended front pockets hold a lot of stuff if need be and have a high opening to keep things in
    5) The interior will have two buttoned pockets to hold additional things securely (pictured here without a button and a bit smaller than it will ultimately be)
    6) The hood is lined in t-shirt jersey so that it's comfortable but not crazy thick or flopping around
    7) The zipper will be a US-made single direction heavyweight zip with a gunmetal pull. A great quality piece on the level of Riri, but made domestically

So that's basically it. With the pockets, this will be a more usable piece that can stand in for a jacket. It will be made of fantastic quality fabric, fully constructed in LA, and keep a slim profile that matches up with what we typically do. Not sure on pricing just yet, but should be in line with the crewneck. And don't be put off by loose threads or some extraneous stitching lines coming out of the pockets - this is just the prototype. The final piece will be clean as hell.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014

7. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Distinguished Member

^ awesome! I haven't worn a hoodie in years and never thought about getting another one, but I think I need that.

8. rydenfan

rydenfan Distinguished Member

Sick!! I wear hoodies a lot. I cannot wait!!

My vote is antique black or a soft red

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. applky

applky Distinguished Member

Just looked at the two collars side by side and they appear identical. I can post pics of my MTO and my Ashlands later.

Washed out/military green. Not bright green at all, but very muted, almost grayish.

10. TM79

TM79 Distinguished Member

Can't really go wrong with a heather grey hoodie

11. Klemins

Klemins Distinguished Member

Any plans for a pullover hoodie as well?

12. althanis

althanis Distinguished Member

13. Epaulet

Great color suggestions so far! I'm actually thinking of a pale olive / tobacco tone that would jive nicely with chinos and indigo denim. I've always wanted that color and it's a tough one to find. We're going to keep this first run pretty tight, but I can see us stocking a bunch of hoodie colors down the road.

You like the idea of taking some indigo units and overdyeing them with black? Fades would be pretty insane from that as you wash it.

Not at the moment, but we'll do a new run of crewnecks with these colors as well. But I'm thinking of a pullover hoodie with some kind of modified kangaroo pocket and side zips for the Fall. We're also developing an extremely heavyweight French terry to run.

14. Pelotonia

Pelotonia Well-Known Member

I might have missed this but would be there any sweatpants?

15. dougie

dougie Senior Member

I'd buy a black overdyed hoodie no question.