• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Todd V

Reaction score

Samuelsohn Spring is going to be freaking awesome. We've got three OTR jackets coming in and we'll launch the MTO program with them, which will be really comprehensive.

I sense something "rain system" in my future.

Mike -- perhaps it is too early to discuss, but I'd love to hear how the Samuelsohn program will compare to the Southwick offerings in terms of fit, construction, value, etc.

Thanks!

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@StanleyVanBuren, why the sudden push towards black?

I realize these pants are navy hopsack, but the stark contrast of the photo brought it back to mind

Goodman

Reaction score
Stopped by the store last night to pick up a pair of suede Carmina's I ordered a while back off the sales page and while there grabbed a couple of belts (my first 2 Epaulet belts which I'm sure will be great) and I also picked this up from the new EPLA line. Picture doesn't really do it justice - snapped it and the battery died - so it was done in 1 take but it's a really nice looking casual/comfortable piece that I expect to wear a lot. Like all things Epaulet, highly recommended.

Last edited by a moderator:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Stopped by the store last night to pick up a pair of suede Carmina's I ordered a while back off the sales page and while there grabbed a couple of belts (my first 2 Epaulet belts which I'm sure will be great) and I also picked this up from the new EPLA line. Picture doesn't really do it justice - snapped it and the battery died - so it was done in 1 take but it's a really nice looking casual/comfortable piece that I expect to wear a lot. Like all things Epaulet, highly recommended.
60x60px-ZC-554bd653_IMG_EGnew1703.jpeg
http://www.styleforum.net/t/376283/bnib-edward-green-10-10-5-burgundy-brown-and-black-82-last
That looks like a really nice fleece.

bearspoke

Reaction score
Hey all. I'm thinking about ordering some Rudy fit navy hopsack trousers to complement the navy hopsack MTO jacket I had made this past summer.

The Jacket is a Napoli style made up with medium brown horn buttons open patch hip pockets and welted breast. In addition to wearing the trousers on their own I feel like this could make for a nice suit for non-formal social events or just-because business wear

I have three main concerns:

1. Will there be any issues with fabric matching? I know people have done MTO hopsack suits but I don't if in those cases they received a Southwick-made pant rather than a Walt/Rudy. Even if the fabric is the same am I still running a risk of variations in color?

2. Is this jacket makeup just so strongly toward the odd jacket end of the spectrum that wearing it as a suit will look odd?

3. I've never had a chance to try on the Rudy but I'm pretty certain that the cut is going to be better for my body shape than the Walt is (big ol' thighs and tush) I could chance it but I'd much prefer to try on a sample. Does anyone know if either of the New York stores have a range of larger size Rudy samples one could try on?

Any and all feedback is welcome. Thanks muchly.

Last edited:

eddiemczee

Reaction score

Hey all. I'm thinking about ordering some Rudy fit navy hopsack trousers to complement the navy hopsack MTO jacket I had made this past summer.

The Jacket is a Napoli style made up with medium brown horn buttons open patch hip pockets and welted breast. In addition to wearing the trousers on their own I feel like this could make for a nice suit for non-formal social events or just-because business wear

I have three main concerns:

1. Will there be any issues with fabric matching? I know people have done MTO hopsack suits but I don't if in those cases they received a Southwick-made pant rather than a Walt/Rudy. Even if the fabric is the same am I still running a risk of variations in color?

2. Is this jacket makeup just so strongly toward the odd jacket end of the spectrum that wearing it as a suit will look odd?

3. I've never had a chance to try on the Rudy but I'm pretty certain that the cut is going to be better for my body shape than the Walt is (big ol' thighs and tush) I could chance it but I'd much prefer to try on a sample. Does anyone know if either of the New York stores have a range of larger size Rudy samples one could try on?

Any and all feedback is welcome. Thanks muchly.

Regarding the first one, I remember Mike once saying that there is a possibility that there will be a variance in color between the navy hopsack fabric if you order your jacket and suit at different times, but that the difference should be so small that it would be hard to notice.

Beav

Reaction score
Re: matching - I asked the exact same thing about the navy hopsack, and Adele said it match up fine.

Abecedarian

Reaction score
I ordered the hopsack trousers many months after purchasing the jacket. The colors were indistinguishable.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's always best to check. I had to wait for another batch of trousers to match my jacket. YMMV.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads