Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

Damn, didn't know the EPLA line was gonna be so expansive. Those oxfords might become my go-to casual shirt choice, and can't wait for the OD jacket (as I've mentioned).

2. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Cool!

We're planning two lines of oxfords. One will be standard (blue, white, university stripe) and the other will be overdyed. The standard ones will still be enzyme and stone washed, so everything will be pre-shrunk, soft, and casual. Our upcoming Gitman shirts will maintain the dressier, beefy oxford style that we offer now.

In terms of overdye, I'm going to do three colors to start. Two are pretty easy: dark navy and smoke grey.

I'm totally open for the third color. We've been tossing around olive or forest green. But since we're dyeing these, we can really make any color. For you OD oxford fans, is there a color you were always hoping to get but couldn't track down? I'm kind of leaning towards a teal jewel tone, something really rad for Spring/Summer.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014

3. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

Grey denim looks nice!

4. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

My first thought was, "i hope they do an overdye olive green"

5. forsan

forsan Senior member

That OD oxford looks killer! I tend to dress somewhere between business casual and actual casual in my personal AND work life (usually chinos/jeans and an untucked button down collar shirt), so these will be perfect with my wardrobe. Don't get me wrong, the standard EPNY offerings are awesome, but these new EPLA oxfords are right up my alley!

6. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Teal seems popular right now but it's one of my least favorite colors. I'd vote Bright bright blue or an actual, dialed Chartruse green that's bright and rich at the same time. Kinda bold but totally wearable.

7. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

What new order system?

8. Louys

Louys Senior member

Olive or would be my preference, though my budget for steez is being diverted for an undefined period of time, so my vote counts for very little. I think teal, like a lot of light and bright colors can look really great in the right situation, like near the beach on a sunny day worn with stone colored chinos and when the day's events permit or perhaps even welcome a bold look. But outside of similar conditions I've always regretted purchases in that color family. They just never get worn.

9. nathanl

nathanl Senior member

Thanks and good point. I'm hard on trousers, so I've had to designate the hopsack Walt as "suit-only" now, but prior to getting the jacket, that was my preferred staple grey.

10. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

I don't have full deets, and will let Mike explain.

11. Simplicio

Simplicio Senior member

For the OD shirt: perhaps a plum colour?

12. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Interested to see how this plays out...I'm guessing it has something to do with what Mike said before about how they will start carrying stock in-store of mostly basics, and pretty much everything else for Rudys (and Walts) will be cut special order.

Also - I asked a few days ago but I think it got missed, are the Fairfax jeans still planned to come out next month?

13. applky

applky Senior member

For spring, my vote is for a teal as long as it isn't too florescent. Olive is a great OD OCBD color, but it leans more toward fall.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014

14. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

I always love finding something in forest green, very rare color to find done well.

15. SeanMarcellus

SeanMarcellus Well-Known Member

Got back from Boston last night, last week was pretty cold. When I got to Boston it was 0F and windy, during the week houses burnt because of frozen hydrants, schools were closed because it only took 5 min. to freeze exposed skin. Yesterday was a lot warmer, when I left it was 18F with a wind chill of 3F and starting to snow, seemed pretty nice.

I was so happy I had the Snorkel Parka and the Heavy Walt Tweeds, I was rather impressed. Had some Thinsulate gloves, had to keep my hands in my pockets after about 15 minutes. Wore thermals my heavy tweeds, a shirt and tee shirt and some wool socks & AE shoes, was not bad at all. When the wind would gust I could feel it a little on my legs. Went out site seeing, walking around for about 2 hours, wasn't cold at all when I got back to my Hotel. I thought this parka was rather light when I got it, but it said it was to military spec.... it was awesome at -20F.

I'd like to thank all of you that helped me find these tweeds (and this store), just what I needed, SF Rocks!
    My manager commented on my Walt Tweeds and asked me where I got them....

Sean