• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pwnstar

Reaction score
I have a quick question about the tweed fabric. I have noticed on my highland tweed trousers, as well as on an older pair of grey irish tweed pants, that there is a black line forming on the back seam of the pant. I don't know if it is from pulling or something else (though it was noticeable much sooner on the highland fabric, maybe due to the lighter color).

Anyways, it is pretty obvious now, and I was wondering if it is something that can be fixed, as well as what might be the cause of it. I have attached a photo that doesn't really capture it, but hopefully suffices. I love these pants and was hoping to find an answer/solution to this issue...otherwise I fear being relegated to wearing them only with a long jacket.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Who else is getting amped for the next trouser delivery!? Approx 10 days.

Oh ****, I am!

I'm excited for my NYC trip this weekend, definitely stopping by one of the stores...probably on Sunday. I'm sure I'll be going home with some new stuff :slayer:

Awesome - we look forward to seeing you!

Dammit Mike, don't sell out of the navy flannel walts! Please tell me there will be another shipment coming with these included....

No worries, I've got a restock coming in about 10 days. I'll post it up on the thread when they arrive. That's going to be the last of the fabric for the season though, so you'll want to grab a pair when the new inventory comes in.

Mike-
What is the deal with the sportcoats in short lengths?

Just waiting on the patternwork so that we can scale the jacket into shorts and longs. Should have it soon, and then we can run select fabrics in it on special order

I have a quick question about the tweed fabric. I have noticed on my highland tweed trousers, as well as on an older pair of grey irish tweed pants, that there is a black line forming on the back seam of the pant. I don't know if it is from pulling or something else (though it was noticeable much sooner on the highland fabric, maybe due to the lighter color).

Anyways, it is pretty obvious now, and I was wondering if it is something that can be fixed, as well as what might be the cause of it. I have attached a photo that doesn't really capture it, but hopefully suffices. I love these pants and was hoping to find an answer/solution to this issue...otherwise I fear being relegated to wearing them only with a long jacket.

Hmm, I can't see much in your photo, but the only thing that I can imagine is that the rear seam is pulling and starting to show the inside threads a little. I'd run the trousers by a tailor - if you have a problem along the main seam, that can almost always be fixed.

brozeus

Reaction score
Just got the original shadow dot today. Love it! The fit is great, although it is just a tad short in the arms, and I do not plan to baby this, so I'm concerned about shrinkage in the wash. For the record I am 6'2' and the shirt is a M.

If anybody has the OG shadow dot in a L (unworn), I'd be happy to trade my brand new M. If nobody wants to trade, I'll probably just end up keeping it, but PM me if you'd be interested in buying it. (figure it would save Mike the hassle of processing a return and then reselling)

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike,

How do paisley print shirt look when untucked or unbuttoned all the way? Also, how sturdy is the fabric? Thanks in advance the shirts look awesome :slayer:

laughter95

Reaction score
^

the fabric is exactly the same texture as the pink/red floral shirt. seems quite sturdy and less prone to wrinkling like the blue tattersall. slightly thicker than the blue gingham.

HelloIDistance

Reaction score
Received my original shadow dot shirt the other day. Looks awesome! I'm still trying to figure out what to wear it with though. I feel like it looks strange with raw denim, but maybe I'm not used to it. Great shirt though!

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Mike,

Any update on when the gunmetal and graphite chinos will be coming in? Really looking forward to picking up at least one of the two.

Thanks, man!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

^

the fabric is exactly the same texture as the pink/red floral shirt. seems quite sturdy and less prone to wrinkling like the blue tattersall. slightly thicker than the blue gingham.

Yup, that's exactly right. The Japanese paisley comes from the same mill as last season's floral pattern. It's a nice, sturdy all-year fabric. It looks great untucked.

Received my original shadow dot shirt the other day. Looks awesome! I'm still trying to figure out what to wear it with though. I feel like it looks strange with raw denim, but maybe I'm not used to it. Great shirt though!

Thank you sir! The OG shadowdot is a decent match to raw denim, but it really shines with grey and tan tones. It's brilliant with any kind of chino, and it looks great with our grey dress trousers and flannels.

What other fabric/color combos/choices for the Walt trousers will you be offering later this year?

Oh man, quite a few. Off the top of my head: Grape Herringbone, Deadstock Olive Guncheck, Navy Wool/Cashmere, one or two Donngal Tweeds, Charcoal Flannel, Medium Grey Flannel, all three colors of Moleskin....

When things arrive, I'll tell you guys which are ongoing fabrics and which are deadstock or close to selling out. Two things to keep an eye our for are Navy Flannel and the Deadstock Olive Guncheck. Both of these pants are amazing, and the next delivery will be the only one.

Hey mike, do you happen to have the waverly penny loafer coming in any other colours than black?

Thanks

Geoff

Unfortunately not at the moment - we're just running that guy in Matte Black Chromexcel. They look bad-ass in that though!

Hey Mike,

Any update on when the gunmetal and graphite chinos will be coming in? Really looking forward to picking up at least one of the two.

Thanks, man!

Probably about six weeks out from now. My LA production is a bit of a wildcard, but I'm pushing to get everything as soon as possible.

I'm shooting a ton of new product today. We just got our Fall '11 Superfine Merino hand-dye sweaters in. Holy god, the colors are so good. And I'm happy to report that there's a slim-as-all-hell Turtleneck in there. We also received the Vanson for Epaulet Triton Jacket in British Tan waxed cotton. It's a stunner. Look for plenty of updates this week!

nbernie

Reaction score

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uh, okay while I was waiting for the response my size went out of stock :embar: Once the size is gone they are gone forever right??

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Mike - it was great to meet you yesterday, I'm glad I had a chance to stop by the store while I was in NYC over the weekend. It was nice to try some stuff on, and now I know for sure I need the Rudy fit in just about everything...too bad the Rivets were still a little too tight in the thighs for me. I'll definitely stay on the lookout for the Cramerton restock and the measurements for the special order Long jacket sizes. Good thing I got to try the jacket on first too - I probably would have ordered a 42L instead of a 44L, which is actually the size I'm going to need....it should be a perfect fit with about an extra inch to the jacket and sleeves! The Brown Houndstooth is going to be an amazing piece, and I really liked the look and feel of the cloth on the Caine hopsack, I may end up getting that one as well. Good luck with everything in the next 2 weeks, and can't wait to see some fit pics of the new tux!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads