• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
ROCHESTER VISIT THIS WEEK

Hey guys,

We're flying out to Hickey Freeman tonight, and we'll be at the factory all day Tuesday and Wednesday. Outside of checking on our existing production, here's the new things that we're planning to unveil:

1) We're going to present a new design called the "Jaeger Jacket." This is kind of a hybrid minimal Norfolk jacket that stands on its own as a really smart outerwear piece. Sizing is 1 to 1 with the Nuovo and it has a bunch of cool suede details that can be modified or deleted as you like.

Jaeger Main.jpg

2) We're also going to check in on the development of our new Double Breasted sportcoat. Not totally sure that we'll have sample of that next week but I'm anticipating being able to take orders on it starting early July.

3) Like last year, they'll be a limited time promotional fabric offering. We'll try to find all of the single pieces, discounted fabrics, and baller options. They'll be available at special pricing in all of our models. Usually 1 to 2 pieces per fabric.

4) We're going to put together Fall collections of full price suiting, tweeds, and cottons.

I'm going to try and be extra active on Instagram throughout this, so definitely follow our account @Epaulet on there if you don't already.

See you soon Upstate New York!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Laid Back Short Update

Shorts are all cut and at our sewing facility. We got a Monday quote so far to receive the balance of our preorders. Hoping to ship these out for you guys to show off those leg gains or marathon/tour de France toned calves this Summer. 🦵

LOL yes, all of our shorts are officially gainz-friendly these days.

The OG Epaulet shorts of 2014 were gainz-adjacent, but not quite there.

Thank you guys for bearing with us on these. We're a few weeks late, but Ming took it upon himself to have our original pattern reworked and it made a huge difference in the ultimate fit. Even though an unlined short is a simple garment, he brought on a new patternmaker and they went above and beyond for this and for our upcoming "Kata" pant (more info on that later). It's going to be worth the extra wait, I promise.

Handcuffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
should we message you about the vicuna fabric or will you put up something on the site?

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair of Hertling "Super Luxe" "Oatmeal Hopsack Linen-Cotton" Walts back in 2019, but only wore them twice that year. Then covid hit and i basically haven't had to wear anything nice since.

I had a reason to wear something nice, so I put these pants on the other day and my wife asked if I knew there was a tear in the seam of the butt. I took them off, and I'm not quite sure what to make of this. They were only worn twice, so I'm guessing they came like this. Is this just a loose seam, or what's going on here? When I'm wearing them, it looks like there's a dark tear in the asscrack

Attachments

• IMG_4224.jpg
    IMG_4224.jpg
    433.9 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_4225.jpg
    IMG_4225.jpg
    512.3 KB · Views: 64

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
should we message you about the vicuna fabric or will you put up something on the site?

I'm going to launch it via out newsletter tomorrow morning, so keep an eye out for that. You can subscribe to it on the site if you're not on the list.

I bought a pair of Hertling "Super Luxe" "Oatmeal Hopsack Linen-Cotton" Walts back in 2019, but only wore them twice that year. Then covid hit and i basically haven't had to wear anything nice since.

I had a reason to wear something nice, so I put these pants on the other day and my wife asked if I knew there was a tear in the seam of the butt. I took them off, and I'm not quite sure what to make of this. They were only worn twice, so I'm guessing they came like this. Is this just a loose seam, or what's going on here? When I'm wearing them, it looks like there's a dark tear in the asscrack

Ah man I'm sorry to see that. Yes it looks like the rear seam is pulling a bit. This is really easy fix for a tailor or a dry cleaner, they'll just take the seam in by a quarter inch or so and reinforce it. Usually can be done right on the spot.

Handcuffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to launch it via out newsletter tomorrow morning, so keep an eye out for that. You can subscribe to it on the site if you're not on the list.

pretty sure i'm 3x subscribed (somehow) :)

i look forward to seeing pricing. vicuna truly is the fabric of the gods.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Keep an eye out for this, gotta be lying around there somewhere (and would be great in that Jaeger shape).
89af3f98-96b6-433d-8351-9fb310fe9ee5-png.1450227

Oh that was a nice one. It's from Southwick and sadly long gone, but we'll have a really solid lineup of tweeds to offer for the Jaeger next week. Planning to launch it on Thursday

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
LORO PIANA "ZENIT" CASHMERE-VICUNA-SILK FARMER'S CHECK

We launched this fabric via our newsletter today. If you're in the market for an exceptionally luxurious Sportcoat, Doyle, or Field Jacket for the Fall, then this is - literally - the ultimate cloth. It's a really amazing opportunity! Here's the story...

This is the most luxurious fabric that Hickey Freeman has at its factory. Hailing from the Loro Piana "Zenit" collection, this incredibly beautiful cream & mocha check is a blend of 90% cashmere, 5% vicuña, and 5% silk. It's really the most incredible that we've ever felt, and something FAR nicer than you'd ever encounter in an off-the-rack garment. The cloth is a lightweight 3-season flannel with a classic Italian pattern.

This fabric was purchased in 2019 and the original Hickey Freeman retail was over $3500. There is enough inventory for approximately 5 jackets, and we've slashed that price in half. Once these jackets are gone, this fabric is gone for good. Hickey has no plans to restock it.

YOU CAN ORDER IT AS A SPORTCOAT ($1750) AT THIS LINK

YOU CAN ORDER IT AS A DOYLE ($1150) OR FIELD JACKET ($1200) AT THIS LINK

As always, if you're new to our customer program, then Ming and myself will be happy to help you find your perfect sizing!

Loro Piana Zenit Mockup.jpg
Vicuna.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Our first round of "Factory Finds" from Hickey Freeman is going live today. I'm going to start with Suiting fabrics, and we've got a great range of both 4-season and Fall Winter options. Lead time on these promo fabrics is 8 weeks, so you'll have it in your hands by mid-September.

We're going to debut our new "Doppio" double breasted sportcoat for this collection as well. It will be an option with a $85 upcharge in any fabric.

We used to make a DB with Southwick. This is better. WAY better. There's literally no comparison. It has a softer shoulder, better construction, and a superior fit. I'm obviously biased, but I'll put this out as the best all-around DB shape on the market anywhere near this price point.

Here's a video about it - shot on site in Rochester, and featuring @jefferyd !

Doppio Outdoor Stand 1.jpg
Doppio Outdoor Detail.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
FACTORY FINDS SUITS ARE LIVE

Suiting Leader copy.jpg

It lives! I'll check in later to give some more details, but this collection is freaking amazing!

CHECK IT OUT HERE

And real quick... if you like our suits, then these are my top five and some of the best fabrics that I've ever seen:

1) Loro Piana Dark Raisin Flannel Wool-Cashmere
2) Fox Bros Perfect Tweed Windowpane
3) Espresso Herringbone Solaro
4) Loro Piana Emerald Herringbone
5) Hardy Minnis Grey 2-Ply Fresco (basic staple style, but we have a killer price on it with this promo)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads