• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah my beloved Epaulet/American Trench taupe linen doyle shrank considerably even with a cold wash and hang dry. Definitely not trying that again for my stable of linen doyles.

On the other hand if anyone wants a size 39 Doyle, I got you covered. 😊

Yeah this is pretty typical of linen. Some of it shrinks a little, so of it shrinks a lot. There's no real way to predict it, and I've seen linens from the same spec and the same manufacturer shrink at two wildly different rates.

If your linen garment is already fairly loose, then delicate washing won't harm it. But it will be smaller. If it's nicely fitted as it stands, then stick to dry cleaning.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
LAST CALL FOR SPRING/SUMMER RTC CUSTOM GARMENTS

Hey guys,

Today is the final day for our Spring/Summer custom fabric collection. Although things like linen are definitely for the hottest days, there's quite a few great three and four season options in there too. We have to discontinue the fabrics tomorrow, so it's the last day to order plus you can get 15% off with the code rtc15

And as always, if you're unsure of your size, you can still order tonight to get the discount and claim the fabric. We'll work with you next week to figure out what you need. You can email Ming directly at custom[at]epauletbrand.com.

There's four categories of garments that you can buy:

MADE TO ORDER DOYLE & FIELD JACKETS SPRING/SUMMER WOOLENS & BLENDS

MADE TO ORDER TROUSERS SPRING/SUMMER WOOLENS & BLENDS

MADE TO ORDER SUITING SPRING/SUMMER WOOLENS & BLENDS
MADE TO ORDER SPORTCOATS SPRING/SUMMER WOOLENS & BLENDS

And here are some "greatest hit" photos of makeups that we've done recently....

Sand and Shadow Guncheck.jpg
Alabaster Windowpane Cashmere Silk.jpg
Slate Albini LInen.jpg
Rust Alpaca Boucle Sportcoat.jpg
Loro Piana Prince of Wales Wool-Silk-Linen.jpg
Exploded Tropical Glen Check.jpg

Rust Alpaca Boucle Pant.jpg
Navy Dots WSL Trouser.jpg

Text Trouser Loro Piana Donegal W-S-L.jpg
Text Nuovo Loro Piana Tobacco Donegal W-S-L.jpg
RTC Trouser Amadeus Grey and Lavender Windowpane.jpg
RTC Trouser Dormeuil Amadeus Blue Tonal Check.jpg

L.I.T.

Reaction score
Have all of the Cali pants shipped out?

Not yet we want to make sure the people who ordered multiple colors get everything in one deliver.

I just picked up some of the additional colors yesterday that they added buttons too. We usually apply buttons after to ensure they don’t get damaged in the dye process.

L.I.T.

Reaction score
Laid Back Short Pre-Order Update

Hey guys just wanted to give you an update on the Laid Back Short. We were hoping to have it out sooner but the first sample had some fit issues that needed some fine tuning. The fits all worked out in the new sample though and we look forward to getting everything cut for production in the next week or two.

I also had to help source for the waist elastic and drawcord which was a DTLA nightmare. We had a lead to get the elastic which led me to a fenced off building with no entrance between a Déjà Vu Showgirls and a Ashley Furniture store. I walked around for a bit trying to avoid the homeless encampment under the 10 freeway and ended up calling too which went to voicemail.

So I ended up heading to our button supplier, who ended up having a higher quality preshrunk knit elastic than the other place I couldn’t get into (there’s a few types of elastic FYI) and they had the tubular drawcord with silver metal aglet tips as well. The tips that get applied to drawcords require a special mechanism to mount them on so I had to wait a day for those as well (A guy on a trunk drives by the button place to do this).

With all that said it should be a lot smoother making the shorts going forward. Better to get all the details right first, since we’re working on a new pant with the same elastic drawcord top block as the shorts.

• Haha
Reactions: jms

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
FOUR RTC SUITS

Hey guys! Next week will bring a ton of new RTC news, but four today, I've got four suits to show off. These were all made for one of our favorite customers and the fabrics are RAD.

First up is a smooth Prince of Wales from DiPray. This was a one-off fabric, but we have others like it if you dig it. The side tabs are a really nice accent on the trousers...

Nuovo Silver POW.jpg

Trouser Silver Prince of Wales.jpg

Next is an INCREDIBLE heavyweight textured tweed from Loro Piana. One-off promo, and I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it...

Nuovo Loro Piana Navy Herringbone Tweed.jpg

Trouser Loro Piana Navy Herringbone Tweed.jpg

Keeping with the Loro Piana theme... here's a gorgeous tropical wool promo fabric...

Nuovo Indigo Windowpane.jpg

Trouser Indigo Windowpane.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
And for the last one... this gentleman was the only brave soul to take a chance on "Moonstone" bleached denim. This came out absolutely gonzo, in the best possible way. It's a denim suit, but gives off a very refined and Cucinelli-esque vibe. The color tone is just perfect. We only had enough pre-bleached fabric to do one of these, but we could certainly make more pieces if there's interest...

C211EBB3-9BA4-4D6B-B6B3-576F658895C2.jpeg
4EA7F82E-1BB7-4A5D-8CB8-517C5C9FF3C9.jpeg

chimaki

Reaction score
Quick update for today!

1) Most of our Sashiko Blankets are done and ready for pickup. I'm getting them in about an hour and we'll work to ship them out today and tomorrow. A few of the more niche colors (Cosmic Camo, Neons) will take a few more weeks, as we're going to dye them with the Cali Canvas separate

Any update on the neon sashiko blankets?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey dudes!! We are fully stocked up with mesh shorts, and we have a killer new Pewter colorway. If you're sweltering out there, then these are absolutely perfect for the weather. I dare say that they'll be the best athletic shorts that you've ever owned.

Here's the whole spiel on them....

-----------------------------------

Price on these is $115, but SF members can use the checkout code shorts15 to get 15% off, and bring the price under $100. Three colors are available (check them out below)

The concept is a premium basketball short that works well as a casual piece or an actual workout garment. We sourced better quality materials and the best sewing facility that we could find. Each short is made from start to finish in Los Angeles. Here's the details:

1) Its 5-inch inseam and slimmer leg gives it a distinctly modern silhouette.

2) 100% polyester heavyweight mesh outer fabric

3) Whisper-soft knit polyester full liner

4) Front welt pockets with secure metal zippers

5) Extended drawstring with metal caps

6) Multi-striped nylon taping at all major seams

Polyester mesh is a common fabric, but make no mistake: this isn't what you wore in gym class. Our premium heavyweight cloth is strong enough to drape properly and offer a flattering fit. The deep front pockets have ample room for your keys & necessities, and they can be totally secured with their metal zippers. Wash and care is effortless - and these durable shorts will quickly prove to be a favorite for warmer days!

BB Short Grey Detail.jpg

EPAULET TIPPED MESH SHORT IN PEWTER & IVORY

BB Short Sergio Brown Detail.jpg

EPAULET TIPPED MESH SHORT IN MOCHA & PINK

BB Short Navy Sergio1.jpg

EPAULET TIPPED MESH SHORT IN NAVY & IVORY

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Does this mean all the Cali Canvas colorways are in or are we still waiting on some? I think I ordered some gunmetal, olive, and cosmic.

Just waiting on British Khaki, we expect to ship that around the end of next week.

Cosmic is here (and looks amazing!) but needs buttons. Also shipping next week.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads