• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

edmundrz

Reaction score
Hey @Epaulet any chance you all will have another fabric similar to the performance stretch chinos? Those are my goto pants.

Yeah those Rivets are great.

Id like a pair of those without the ticker tape sides.

Ive bought a few other companies like Spier and Mckay and Everlane. The material is not anywhere near as good. Much cheaper obviously, but hard to find high quality stretch chinos.

el es dee

Reaction score

Ive bought a few other companies like Spier and Mckay and Everlane. The material is not anywhere near as good. Much cheaper obviously, but hard to find high quality stretch chinos.

they did a custom order a while ago where you could request to not have the tape added.

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Will this include the $75 upcharge for length alterations?

Yes, our custom Sashiko items will include that upcharge already and allow you to opt for a monogram if you want one

My first Doyle just arrived and it’s also my first garment in the sashiko. Very nice! It’s heavier and softer than I thought it would be, and instantly so very comfortable. I think I made a mistake getting the indigo because it’s going to go with everything and make it harder to justify more Doyle’s ?

Excellent, so glad that you're pleased with it!

My next one will be in a lighter fabric because here in CA, that sashiko might be a little limiting. I run hot and if climate change continues to make summer half the year, I’ll need something else for spring/fall.

Honestly the first thing I did after putting on the Doyle was stare at that racing green chevron cashmere but I don’t know if I have the fashion bones for it.

Most of the custom fabrics that we offer this season will be heavier... stuff like flannel and tweed, but I always have access to linen and lightweight blends. You can PM me for options that with that.

Hi Eva,

I received my beautiful Orchid Silk Matka to contrast to my amazingly pink flax linen Doyle from last year. Thanks for all of this.

One quick question which maybe others have too: I ordered five shirts from the custom shirting promo in May coming from Individualized Shirt (order #49782), but I've only received three and the order is listed as fulfillment status: partial. Is there any update on how Individualized is doing?

Oh yes... your orchid silk jacket was incredible!!!

Let me check on those missing shirts for you. Chances are that the fabric was actually out of stock. Typically there's an online portal that shows whether or not cloth is on hand, but that all went sideways with Covid. The staffer who updates the portal was out on medical leave for most of the Summer, and a lot of fabrics were cut into masks but still showing as available.

If we missed any shirts for you, then we can sub stuff from the Fall collection and get it made for you pronto. Individualized is back up and running at full force.

Wanted to know how the Sherlock's Cap would look made up and couldn't decide between Doyle / Sinclair. I figured I was going to go Doyle because it's more casual and thus would be more versatile/get more wear. But after doing some photoshopping to get a sense of it, I really preferred the Sinclair. Color/scale are probably off but it's the general idea that helped me. Figure I'd share, maybe it'll help sway someone. Hope you don't mind Eva.

View attachment 1460758 View attachment 1460759 View attachment 1460760
View attachment 1460761 View attachment 1460762 View attachment 1460763

Yooooo those mockups look great!

Natural Doyle ordered! Really couldn't resist since Eva figured out a way to slashed shipping to Canada in half :D

Thank you sir! And yes we've had much better experiences with International USPS shipping these days. It's been slow to get to Canada (about 10 working days compared to 5 or 6 before), but it's going through and getting delivered safely. I feel confident using USPS again.

I got my first Sinclair recently in the tobacco slub denim. The shoulders fit well, sleeve length is just about long enough (I am tallish, slimmish, with relatively long arms and legs), but it feels a bit big in the body and waist. I can't go down to a 38 as the shoulders and sleeves would be wrong. I might get it altered. I assume that the same fit issues would apply to a Doyle?

Hey Pete, the Sinclair tends to be a touch bigger in the body than the Doyle in the same size, but you can expect pretty much the same overall fit.

It sounds like a custom 38 would be best for you.... where we add an inch or 1.5 to your sleeve length. We can add body length too if you need it. The 38 shoulder is 0.5" smaller than the 40, but I really doubt that will be an issue. When it comes to our jackets, the shoulder width is rarely a concern. You'd have to have such wide or narrow shoulders that most off the rack garments are a problem. Because I keep the armholes comfortable, most guys won't notice a yoke that's even a whole inch away from what it should be.

But for the Sinclair that you have now, it's super easy to have altered and brought in. Definitely give it a shot.

Hey @Epaulet any chance you all will have another fabric similar to the performance stretch chinos? Those are my goto pants.

That's actually a great idea. I do have access to pretty great stretch twill. Let me see, maybe it's something we can do for the next Rivet delivery in late October.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The Sashiko Situation

Hey guys,

Sorry that I've been missing in action for a few days, I'm playing major catch up with our online orders. For the big Sashiko project, I had enough fabric to do about 185 units, and they've all been claimed. Mostly Rivet Chinos, which is interesting.

I reached out to our mill and put in a rush order for more fabric. We'll have it sent by air, but I don't think we'll get the cloth until the end of October. So this is the situation:

1) If you ordered before yesterday (Saturday 9/19), then your clothes are going into work next week. We'll have them ready to ship in October.

2) If you ordered on 9/19 or after, then it will be part of the new batch, which will finish mid to late November. We have to contend with some international logistics, so there's always the wildcard of COVID delays or whatever, but I feel pretty confident of us making that date.

A huge thank you to everyone who ordered! This was the biggest response that we've ever had to a Sashiko project, and my first time selling through all of the fabric before the end date.

We won't have any open stock in Sashiko until December at the earliest, so if anyone is looking at a jacket or pant that we have online now, I'd definitely say to order it sooner than later. I'm down to my last few pieces, and we won't have the usual wholesale units going to partners like American Trench and Snake Oil Provisions.

I'll build out those secret items tonight! Check out how rad the Kamigata looks in Sashiko....

Kamigata Closed.jpg
Kamigata Open.jpg
Kamigata Cuff.jpg
Kamigata Pocket.jpg

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let me check on those missing shirts for you. Chances are that the fabric was actually out of stock. Typically there's an online portal that shows whether or not cloth is on hand, but that all went sideways with Covid. The staffer who updates the portal was out on medical leave for most of the Summer, and a lot of fabrics were cut into masks but still showing as available.

If we missed any shirts for you, then we can sub stuff from the Fall collection and get it made for you pronto. Individualized is back up and running at full force.

Can you check on mine too while you're at it? :p

EDIT

That sashiko Kamigata is :slayer:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can you check on mine too while you're at it? :p

EDIT

That sashiko Kamigata is :slayer:

Oh yes, your cord shirt is A-OK, should be here soon. That second one was ordered a little bit ago too.

And glad that you dig the Sashiko Kamigata! It's really fly, looks great on Jay. I'm going to tweak the pattern so that it's about an inch longer in the body and the sleeves than pictured. I'm really jazzed to make that.

I also sampled out Sashiko throw blankets, which look freaking dope. They're 2.5 yards of fabric with white binding all around the perimeter. I'll run two of them through the same dye baths as our upcoming production so that you can see how they make up.

pekingman

Reaction score
@Epaulet Another request here for a shirt check ... I have 7 on order (5 IS and 2 from the Lost in Time Gitman EFF round) - would be good to get an update on these for planning purposes (I should add that these are for sending abroad, so could be you have most of them and are just waiting for stragglers to consolidate). Can PM you order numbers if necessary.

And to go with that shirt check, here is a check shirt :D Love this one - has been a staple this summer. Paired today with caramel duck canvas Walts and natural chromexcel Brixton boots (these have turned from a color close to peanut butter to a rich brown over the years - no polish ever added - just yearly Sapphir renovateur conditioner and good old fashioned Beijing pollution).

IMG_20200921_134430__01.jpg

IMG_20200921_131524.jpg

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score
Yes, our custom Sashiko items will include that upcharge already and allow you to opt for a monogram if you want one

Excellent, so glad that you're pleased with it!

Most of the custom fabrics that we offer this season will be heavier... stuff like flannel and tweed, but I always have access to linen and lightweight blends. You can PM me for options that with that.

Oh yes... your orchid silk jacket was incredible!!!

Yooooo those mockups look great!

Thank you sir! And yes we've had much better experiences with International USPS shipping these days. It's been slow to get to Canada (about 10 working days compared to 5 or 6 before), but it's going through and getting delivered safely. I feel confident using USPS again.

Hey Pete, the Sinclair tends to be a touch bigger in the body than the Doyle in the same size, but you can expect pretty much the same overall fit.

It sounds like a custom 38 would be best for you.... where we add an inch or 1.5 to your sleeve length. We can add body length too if you need it. The 38 shoulder is 0.5" smaller than the 40, but I really doubt that will be an issue. When it comes to our jackets, the shoulder width is rarely a concern. You'd have to have such wide or narrow shoulders that most off the rack garments are a problem. Because I keep the armholes comfortable, most guys won't notice a yoke that's even a whole inch away from what it should be.

But for the Sinclair that you have now, it's super easy to have altered and brought in. Definitely give it a shot.

That's actually a great idea. I do have access to pretty great stretch twill. Let me see, maybe it's something we can do for the next Rivet delivery in late October.

Thank you! I think you're right on shoulder size. I don't need the longer body (I don't think) as my torso is quite normal, but legs and arms on the longer side. I'll await the mid-weight woollens.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Sashiko Situation

Hey guys,

Sorry that I've been missing in action for a few days, I'm playing major catch up with our online orders. For the big Sashiko project, I had enough fabric to do about 185 units, and they've all been claimed. Mostly Rivet Chinos, which is interesting.

I reached out to our mill and put in a rush order for more fabric. We'll have it sent by air, but I don't think we'll get the cloth until the end of October. So this is the situation:

1) If you ordered before yesterday (Saturday 9/19), then your clothes are going into work next week. We'll have them ready to ship in October.

2) If you ordered on 9/19 or after, then it will be part of the new batch, which will finish mid to late November. We have to contend with some international logistics, so there's always the wildcard of COVID delays or whatever, but I feel pretty confident of us making that date.

A huge thank you to everyone who ordered! This was the biggest response that we've ever had to a Sashiko project, and my first time selling through all of the fabric before the end date.

We won't have any open stock in Sashiko until December at the earliest, so if anyone is looking at a jacket or pant that we have online now, I'd definitely say to order it sooner than later. I'm down to my last few pieces, and we won't have the usual wholesale units going to partners like American Trench and Snake Oil Provisions.

I'll build out those secret items tonight! Check out how rad the Kamigata looks in Sashiko....

View attachment 1462086 View attachment 1462087 View attachment 1462088 View attachment 1462089

How do you access the secret items?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Apropos of nothing... I just want to go on record that "What We Do In the Shadows" is my favorite comedy series in YEARS. I might like it more than the OG seasons of Arrested Development.

If you haven't seen it, then I definitely recommend checking it out. The movie is hilarious too.

web_detailhero_series_dsktp_what-we-do-in-the-shadows_1280x600.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads