• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NorthCoast

Reaction score
HMU when we offer the next Sashiko preorder run. I can run individual Sashiko EZ pants for you at a premium. It will cost extra to cut and sew them, but will still be reasonable if we can just throw it in to the dye bath with the Rivets and Such. Figure around $265 a unit.

Hi, this is me HMU. I sent email, can PM, checking on pricing for the EZ's. Thanks.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I asked on the other thread but can we get the Wilhelms on this order?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Eva - that's super helpful. I am actually looking for something at least mid-weight (only two seasons here in Beijing, mad-hot and mad-cold, and this is for the latter ...) so just knowing that I am not being totally crazy ordering this as a Sinclair is already very useful!

Oh yes, it will be great for that! This fabric is definitely up to the mad cold challenge.

Hi, this is me HMU. I sent email, can PM, checking on pricing for the EZ's. Thanks.

Gotcha covered! Yes we can do them for $265 a unit, which will include the belt. I'd reuse the exact same pattern as our previous runs in 2017 and 2018. I don't have any measurements, so this offer is best for someone who already owns an EZ pant from that time and is looking to add another pair or two.

One change that I will make... the old EZ pants had a regular split rear seam (like a dress pant). I'll update that to a flat-felled rear seam (like a jean) to make it stronger. It's way more secure this way, and its how I make the current Sashiko rivets.

NorthCoast

Reaction score
Oh yes, it will be great for that! This fabric is definitely up to the mad cold challenge.

Gotcha covered! Yes we can do them for $265 a unit, which will include the belt. I'd reuse the exact same pattern as our previous runs in 2017 and 2018. I don't have any measurements, so this offer is best for someone who already owns an EZ pant from that time and is looking to add another pair or two.

One change that I will make... the old EZ pants had a regular split rear seam (like a dress pant). I'll update that to a flat-felled rear seam (like a jean) to make it stronger. It's way more secure this way, and its how I make the current Sashiko rivets.

Nice. So in order to avoid confusion, how should I place this order so you all don't end up producing a 38 Rivet vs. a 38 EZ pant?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Nice. So in order to avoid confusion, how should I place this order so you all don't end up producing a 38 Rivet vs. a 38 EZ pant?

I'll do "secret" items later today which will allow everyone here to order EZ Pants, Kamigatas, and Field Jackets in any of the colors. That way you'll get a proper confirmation for the right item.

This is going to be awesome!

scoobmx

Reaction score
I'll do "secret" items later today which will allow everyone here to order EZ Pants, Kamigatas, and Field Jackets in any of the colors. That way you'll get a proper confirmation for the right item.

Just wanted to make sure size charts will be available for secret items? If not, do you have the measurements for Kamigatas?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just wanted to make sure size charts will be available for secret items? If not, do you have the measurements for Kamigatas?

Yup! Size charts will be available for everything but the EZ Pants

Kamigata is basically in line with the Doyle. Just order the size that you typically wear and it's going to work.

The Deans Nuts Field Jacket is exactly the same as the Doyle in sizing, it just has a different 4-pocket design across the front.

The only item that I don't have measurements for is the Sashiko EZ pant, so I'd really advise (1) order it if you owned and loved one in the past or (2) size up one if you're new to this shape.

scoobmx

Reaction score
Yup! Size charts will be available for everything but the EZ Pants

Kamigata is basically in line with the Doyle. Just order the size that you typically wear and it's going to work.

The Deans Nuts Field Jacket is exactly the same as the Doyle in sizing, it just has a different 4-pocket design across the front.

The only item that I don't have measurements for is the Sashiko EZ pant, so I'd really advise (1) order it if you owned and loved one in the past or (2) size up one if you're new to this shape.

Sweet thanks! I've never actually owned a doyle but have a sashiko parka. Based on the fact that it's a slightly stretchy fabric and experience with my size 40 parka, I'd probably go a bit tighter at 38 for a kamigata. Only real concerns are to make sure the shoulders and chest fall in the right range. I'd get the rest tailored anyway as I generally prefer an extremely trim look that hugs the body.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sweet thanks! I've never actually owned a doyle but have a sashiko parka. Based on the fact that it's a slightly stretchy fabric and experience with my size 40 parka, I'd probably go a bit tighter at 38 for a kamigata. Only real concerns are to make sure the shoulders and chest fall in the right range. I'd get the rest tailored anyway as I generally prefer an extremely trim look that hugs the body.

Oh well, the linen jacket that's en route to you will be a good guide. I'd say to get the same size in the Kamigata as you'd take in the linen piece. I wouldn't advise sizing down for it.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quick heads up guys... I'm going to finalize the orders for these Jeweltone Hopsack and quickstrike fabrics tomorrow.

Here's the link and a video for everything below is below. Couple of quick notes:

1) REDA hopsack is our best selling hopsack of all time. It's 100% wool and wearable four season. It's a nice dressy option for these casual jackets because it has more body and weight than the usual suiting wool. It breathes really nicely.

2) I've never seen these colors before. They are absolutely stunning. Typically you'd need to order a ton of yardarge to have a custom color like this, but I'm able to get a limited amount from a local dealer.

3) If anyone really wants a more formal piece with these fabrics (Walt, Rudy, Nuovo, a whole suit), then send me a PM. I can definitely work that out with either Hertling or Rochester Tailoring

4) The quickstrike fabrics are amazing! That double-faced bonded wool is totally insane and a great option for a heavier weight piece. Piacenza cashmere is bonkers as you'd imagine.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here’s some detail pics of those jacket fabrics...

7D945285-3912-42EE-A969-33EF68B5C852.jpeg
F3407430-06F1-46BA-9040-1B78B5CF0B7E.jpeg
BBBCA694-7A18-417F-85A5-4072270F9FDC.jpeg
E8DEEEF5-4AF5-4D88-9118-25518EC7072F.jpeg
4946B4D6-2CE9-40DC-8A84-3A60F092179D.jpeg
3676DC0D-9CB3-41CE-A594-6657F1833EB8.jpeg

joydivisi0n

Reaction score

Will this include the $75 upcharge for length alterations?

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone tried styling the Doyle as an oversized casual jacket? I'm probably a 38 but prefer the length of the 40 so I'm thinking of getting the 40 and shorten the sleeves.

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, dunno if it's quite kosher but if you're going to be firing off purchases I have some store credit for sale at a slight discount. Link is in my signature, really doing me a solid as I haven't been able to work this year and can't have as much money tied up in jawnz as I'd normally like.

Last bump for this, it's in $270 chunks so kind of perfect for those sinclairs/Doyles/special orders

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first Doyle just arrived and it’s also my first garment in the sashiko. Very nice! It’s heavier and softer than I thought it would be, and instantly so very comfortable. I think I made a mistake getting the indigo because it’s going to go with everything and make it harder to justify more Doyle’s ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads