Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

I'm sure it could, thats really what they were made for, but I hate that feeling of uncertainty too...

As for me, I saw the new Carmina's in person on Smith today, and they are awesome. The Natty Chromex is beautiful, almost has an antique look to em. As for me:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

it can't be 40 degrees soon enough. Also messed around with my Handsewns today, threw in some orange Newton Running laces and cut em down...
    [​IMG]
    and grabbed my 4 year old some dry aged New York Strip (and some for me too)
    [​IMG]

Any of you Carrol Garden's guys have experience with their exotic meats? I'd like to get a venison steak from them this winter...plus they have all sorts of stuff like rattle snake, elk, alligator, wild boar, duck and bison sausage...looks cool.

2. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

NYR, I assume those are the new Shetland tweeds? Are you getting a full suit made up? I think that's my plan when I swing by this weekend. The navy tweed is going to be killer with the Carmina suede/calf balmoral boots that I have on order.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012

3. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Not gonna suit it just yet...have too much other stuff I want...the navy is so sweet man, a beautiful hue. I'm kicking myself for not jumping on the shell bal boot pre-order.

4. applky

applky Senior member

Los Paisanos is one of the absolute best. No experience with their very exotic meats, but they're actually semi-famous for their venison (as famous as you can be for venison at all). Go for it.

5. thecool85

thecool85 Senior member

Anyone know if Mike mentioned a restock of the Moss Duck Rivets this season?

6. janky fish

janky fish Well-Known Member

This, also wondering about the Desert Ducks

7. wj4

wj4 Senior member

8. plato

plato Senior member

It's a little past the last few posts on the subject, but here're my two cents on the issue of the seat seam pulling on the 7 ounce rivets.

I had the same problem mentioned by other people, that the seat seam seemed to be coming apart because of the looseness of the weave of the fabric. I took them to my tailor, who is a cranky Greek fellow in the Philly area. He said he could fix the seat issue and give me more room in the thighs (I'm built for more of a Rudy fit than a walt fit). The pics below show the trousers after the work. From the back they show no pulling. On the inside, while the tailor left a ragged edge on the spare fabric which is less than optimal, he stabilized the seam with a bit of grey fabric on each side. The grey material does not look like it was stitched-through, but like it was ironed on as a stabilizer after he redid the seam. The odd part seems to be that the tailor took in the seat at the part where it was pulling, so you can see the irregularity (though not clearly) on the inside in the one picture. However it was that he adjusted that seam, it helps the waist sit where it is meant to on me.

It seems like I can do a Rudy fit, with just the finishing of the bottoms of the legs. For my second rivets, after this caramel pair, my tailor said to go up a size (from 34 to 36) and he would take them in at the waist and seat. That advice seems to have worked out with a pair of pumice rivets, and I can really feel the difference between the 7oz and 8oz fabrics, though both are soft, comfortable, and wearable in the philly summer. Hope the information is useful to someone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Definitely. Both of those styles got an awesome response, even though it's still a little early in the season for them. I'm definitely going to reorder both of them as-is, and look to layer in some new colors as well for late October. Thinking that the Faulkner would look great in Caramel calf.

We got the first three belts, which are black calf, chocolate calf, and snuff suede. I was supposed to get the shell belts with this shipment, but I'm not sure - they must still be in work and Carmina is closed for another week. We'll put those calf and suede belts online this week though - they came out great!

And good lord, I can't wait for those python shoes either. They're going to be mind-blowing!

Nice! I think that they look great together.

Ah sorry about that, we probably just sold all of the 10.5 US units that I built into the stie. If one of my guys didn't already get you onto the order, then drop me a PM, I can shoot you an invoice. We can absolutely order that size for you.

Thank you sir! They look ace!

Yup, I'd agree with that, especially given your Tru-Balance and AE sizing. I think that the 7UK will be the best fit.

As if by magic...

Factory Finds Round One should be delivered by Friday! I saw them today, and good lord, they made up beautifully. When the trousers arrive, we'll do a quick photoshoot and take pics of each variant so that you guys can see how everything made up. And we'll grind out all of the shipping this weekend.

Yup, absolutely! In all three fabrics (Navy Melton, Loro Piana Flannel, Goat Suede).

And quick question for you guys - would you like to see the CPO Jacket return? I'm thinking about doing another run of those this year.

Definitely. I'm going to reorder both Bordeaux and Navy, and bring in a few Long Sleeve styles for the Fall. We also have an absolutely insane amount of sweaters coming from Italy and Scotland this year - including a new chunky shawl neck cardigan.

Absolutely. I steam them out all the time, and you can run the wand right along the fabric. Don't pause in one spot for too long, but you can certainly touch the nozzle to the cloth.

Yes to both - we'll get a full restock of a bunch of colors for Fall. The first delivery will be in mid Sept. That's also going to introduce Bedford Corduroy in three colors and the wool flannels in three colors.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012

10. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

EPAULET POOL PARTY - Wednesday August 22nd

[​IMG]

For all of you guys in NYC, we're having a fun event tomorrow (Wednesday) night in the Lower East Side. Here's the official details:

Please come join us for drinks and good times on Wednesday, August 22nd at the Lower East Side Thompson Hotel from 6-10pm. We're thrilled to participate in "Locals Only" - a summer series featuring LES establishments.

Epaulet staff, friends and family are welcome to celebrate these last few days of Summer on the gorgeous rooftop bar of the LES Thompson Hotel. There's several bars and a pool.

Yes, a downtown Manhattan pool party. It's fantastic.

Epaulet co-owner Michael Kuhle (a.k.a. DJ Mickey Precious) will play a foolish mix of ridiculous dance and rap music. It's going to be a great time! No RSVP is required, but you'll want to bring a bathing suit and a total lack of inhibitions.

WHEN: Wednesday, August 22nd 6-10pm
    WHERE: Thompson LES Hotel rooftop bar - 190 Allen Street (between Stanton & Houston, around the corner from Epaulet Manhattan)

It should be a good time. I used to DJ back in the days, so you can expect a bunch of music from back in the days. I'll warn you that I'm not a particularly good DJ. Just an enthusiastic one.

We've also got a good-sized credit at the bar, so hit me up for a drink if you come through. There's no guest list needed - you can just mention that you've come for the "Locals Only Epaulet Party" and they should let you right up. Hope to see some of you guys there.

11. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Rob is going to come with "Thug Lyfe" tattoo'd on his stomach and expecting you to play some Biggie, Mike!

12. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

Mickey Precious! I love it.

PS - pulled trigger on 3rd order in two weeks. Cannot wait for my 2 trousers to arrive for the second pre-order.

13. amathew

amathew Senior member

Got my chambray blue trousers in walt on Saturday and am in love. Need to be hemmed, but I wanted to wear them so bad that I wore them to work on Monday with the pants rolled up. Next, or in the next two weeks, I'm going to get some navy and charcoal walt trousers, plus maybe the carmina oxfords (might order from meermin instead for a cheaper shoe option). Oh man, thanks for sending me to the poor house.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012

14. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Rob - how does the navy tweed compare to the navy marl lambswool from last F/W? I love the navy marls, but I'm debating if I actually need another pair of navy trousers.

:slayer: to Factory Finds getting delivered this weekend! And another :slayer: to new Bedford cords. I need to replace my pieces of crap from Banana Republic and I can't find anyone that makes a decent corduroy pant...well, I wasn't really looking that hard, basically just waiting on Mike to put some new ones into production. What colors are they going to come in?

15. mikeharo

mikeharo Senior member

Thank - you for your help. Great service!