1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Are there any more stock fabrics that will be available for a Rudy order this round? Like the navy Irish linen for example?

2. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

I'm actually wondering when we'll be able to buy the white and blue oxfords with the new collar, because I think I'm going to like the new collar more than the old.

3. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Digi camo today:
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. ascher07

ascher07 Senior member

How do you guys think the petrol blue compares to the brushed french blue in real life? I have the Navy Walts and was thinking of maybe grabbing a softer blue while I waited for a restock on the gunmetals. Thanks.

5. mothball

mothball Senior member

Thanks!

Sweet! We can work on a purple flannel Walt day next week.

Thanks, man!

Leaf ducks with the navy Steinbecks today:

[​IMG]

6. wj4

wj4 Senior member

The hue of Leaf looks great!

7. Simplicio

Simplicio Senior member

I also love the tall collar. I think it is a big part of what sets Epaulet shirts apart. I've ordered some of the new-collar shirts, and I will hope for the best. It may be that the roll is now better. But we shall see. With the old button-downs, I think it is true that they don't look great with the top button fastened. But I had never really noticed, since I don't fasten it. I would never wear one with a tie; they are definitely more casual.

I agree that there may be room to experiment a bit with the shape of the other shirts. I would think about a slightly bigger, taller version of the point collar -- a spread, I suppose. I think Epaulet used to have a spread collar shirt. It didn't work as well as the others, and it was probably right to discontinue it. But perhaps it could be redesigned.

8. Ialdabaof

Ialdabaof Active Member

Are there any plans for producing some outerwear based on the current SCs?
    I mean it would be nice to have some tweed overcoats, something like [​IMG]
    And I'm sure that more DBs will make everyone here happy.

1 person likes this.
  9. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Are the special order Rudy trousers around for a very limited time like FF, or are they available until the end of the summer season?

10. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

^ Rudy orders are usually only open when the FF trousers are up. You may be able to email them to check what fabrics are available if you wanted to place a one-off Rudy order, but they won't leave them up on the website for long.

11. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

We don't have any plans to offer wider lapels at the moment, as I don't really have much demand for it. The lapels that we use now aren't "skinny" - they're comparable to one of the slimmer Brooks jackets, and can easily be worn with a 3" or 3.5" tie without looking out of proportion. But who knows, fashion always changes and I'd be sure that wider than usual lapels will come back into vogue sooner or later.
    Haha, excellent - thanks so much! And the offer stands indefinitely - we can cut girlfriend shirts as special orders on demand anytime. Just drop us an email to put it into motion.
    Thank you! I'm really grateful that so much of the womens stuff is going to the wives, girlfriends, sisters, mothers, etc of you guys. It's a bummer that we couldn't sell it well, but definitely a saving grace that it's going to people who really appreciate it.
    Most of our shirts can toe the dress or casual line. I'd stay away from pinpoint oxfords, microchecks, and cutaway collar options with very small patterns. Anything with a buttondown collar is pretty much fair game. Our best seller is always always the blue OCBD. And with regards to cutaway and point collar styles, stick with ones with larger patterns, and you'll be able to wear them casually. The navy gingham cutaway and the cobalt plaid are both excellent choices.
    A grey trouser is definitely your top choice. Even over the Super 120s medium grey, I'd recommend these: [​IMG] http://epauletnewyork.com/products/slim-walt-trouser-grey-merino-wool-side-tab They'll be restocked in all sizes by next week. It's a comfortable trouser that's great in a range of weather. The fabric has a matte finish and it wears very well. The side tabs are a cool twist. The price is really great on them. If you're going to get one grey trousers, this would be my first recommendation.
    Yup, we've got this on order already in the L/S shape. Should be here in a month or so.
    Yes, you can ignore the dry clean instructions. All of our cotton trousers are machine washable - we advise cold washing and hang drying. You won't get shrinkage on top, but they tend to shrink about a half inch in the length so either 1) wash before hemming or 2) ask your tailor to add an extra half inch to your desired hem length.
    Absolutely, just waiting for the fabric to come back into stock. Hopefully we'll get more chinos in the next 8 weeks or so.
    Yes actually - you read my mind on this. We're developing a peak lapel option for the Fall. I'll probably make one off the rack jacket with a peak and it will be available in all fabrics via special order as well.
    Yes, linen trousers definitely wrinkle quite easily, but it's part of their appeal. By nature they're a bit rumpled, a bit imperfect. I wouldn't bother ironing or steaming them after each wear. I just fold mine along the crease and hang them nicely. It's their style.

12. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Probably the best $75 I've spent on shoes...the kilted loafers:
    [​IMG]

13. jimney

jimney Senior member

Maybe someone can help with this - I got a pair of the madras Walt shorts in size 32 on sale. I took them to a tailor to get the seat let out an inch (but keep the waist the same). If I wanted to get Walt trousers and just get the waist taken in, would I want to go up to a size 33 or 34?

In other words, size 32 waist means I need to let out the seat and I'd rather get a larger size and take in the waist.

14. Don L

Don L Senior member

Went with the Dover Grey Linens as well...

15. imolazhp_ci

imolazhp_ci Senior member

when can we expect "generic" colored linens? navy, tan, etc?

16. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

Just picked up the Russet Nailhead and Taupe Fleck FF trousers, looking forward to these!

17. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Hey Mike-
    For the Factory Finds - how lightweight are the lightweight cords?
    Can these be worn into Summer or are they strictly a Spring trouser?

18. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

I'm tempted to order the Mint linen trouser from the current round of FF to wear with my midnight blue Carmina Rands. The idea came from the picture below. Is the Mint linen at all close to the green pants in the picture and would it go well with midnight blue shoes? It's hard for me to tell the exact color of the Mint linen from the swatch online.

[​IMG]

19. FLW

FLW Senior member

Mike-

Great FF lineup this time around. The mint linen caught my eye, as well.

Any chance that the new side tab model could be used on a FF custom order? I'd be willing to pay more for the extra work, of course.

20. Costa

Costa Senior member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Epaulet [​IMG]

A grey trouser is definitely your top choice. Even over the Super 120s medium grey, I'd recommend these:

[​IMG]
    http://epauletnewyork.com/products/slim-walt-trouser-grey-merino-wool-side-tab

They'll be restocked in all sizes by next week. It's a comfortable trouser that's great in a range of weather. The fabric has a matte finish and it wears very well. The side tabs are a cool twist. The price is really great on them. If you're going to get one grey trousers, this would be my first recommendation.

---------------
    Wow, those are nice. Two quick questions; when you say three season, I assume you mean winter, spring, and fall, correct? Also, where does the side tab fall on the casual to dressy scale? Unsure how it would look with a dress shirt tucked in and no belt to break up the outfit. I can't visualize it. I see these in the Rudy special order, and am ready to order. Thanks for the input!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2013