• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

oisin

Reaction score

caine hopsack at the bowl.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike you are killing me with these special orders....I haven't ordered any yet but I'm sure I will before the day is over. If I want an unfinished 38" inseam on these, should I just PM you with my order info this time? Thanks!

EDIT: Also - how does the light grey flannel compare to the grey oxford flannel that you ran for F/W '11? Is it significantly lighter or is it pretty close in color?

Last edited:

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those airforce and chessboard fabrics are really nice, great finds.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Eff, it, just ordered the coffee tweed. Looks unique enough that I don't think my tailor could even get a hold of it. I guess now I'm one of the gang (you know, multiple orders within a few hours...) :slayer:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Mike, there's no way to get that gunmetal calvary twill in a Rivet makeup is there?  I just can't help but think it'd be awesome...

+1 on a non-denim selvedge Rivet!

Ah unfortunately not at the moment, but we're going to drop the first wool Rivets in a few weeks, and I'll definitely see how I can expand that in the future.

caine hopsack at the bowl.

Nice! I dig that whole look.

Mike you are killing me with these special orders....I haven't ordered any yet but I'm sure I will before the day is over. If I want an unfinished 38" inseam on these, should I just PM you with my order info this time? Thanks!
EDIT: Also - how does the light grey flannel compare to the grey oxford flannel that you ran for F/W '11? Is it significantly lighter or is it pretty close in color?

Sure, just write 38" inseam into that first text field. For example:

Rudy 34 with 38" inseam

We'll get it on the order confirmation. We can offer this extended length on both Walts and Rudy's - it's no problem and there's no extra charge.

For the grey flannel, it's a tiny bit lighter than the Oxford Grey that we ran last year. Pretty basic though. We'll have an in-season cloth like it this year, but it's probably going to be around $200, so I built this one out to offer a lower price on it. The fabric's great - it's nice Italian wool with a smooth hand.

Bear in mind - these can be ordered in shorts too if anyone wants to rock an awesome Alpine look with huge socks and hiking boots this Fall :slayer:. Probably find a way to put buttons for braces on those too.

thebunk

Reaction score
Mike - Looking to pull the trigger on one or more pairs and am looking for a pant that I can wear in a business environment: with either one of the following (does not have to work with all):

Caine Navy Sportcoat
Brown Houndstooth Sportcoat
Harris Tweek Silver\Black Herringbone Jacket (thinking about buying when available but not 100% sure).

Thanks,
Jamie

upgrayedd

Reaction score
Factory Finds Round 2
You guys always beat me to the punch on these new product announcements - and thanks to everyone who's ordered already. We've got an insanely solid lineup of new wool fabrics - all of which are perfect for this Fall/Winter season.
You can see the full lineup here. And these are my personal favorites of the new batch:
You mentioned a heathered Navy flannel a while back - will those be coming in down the road?

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sure, just write 38" inseam into that first text field. For example:
Rudy 34 with 38" inseam
We'll get it on the order confirmation. We can offer this extended length on both Walts and Rudy's - it's no problem and there's no extra charge.
For the grey flannel, it's a tiny bit lighter than the Oxford Grey that we ran last year. Pretty basic though. We'll have an in-season cloth like it this year, but it's probably going to be around $200, so I built this one out to offer a lower price on it. The fabric's great - it's nice Italian wool with a smooth hand.

Sweet, thanks! I could use a standard light grey flannel, and if it's different enough from last year's Oxford Grey flannel then I'm in for that...plus I can put cuffs on this one so it will stand out from my other pair no matter what. Also a great point on the price, I probably won't find something like this for less than the Factory Finds price. Deciding on a 2nd pair now, maybe the Russet Nailhead...looks like a great brown trouser that could work easily with a lot of different pieces.

EDIT: errr, looks like the light grey flannel is sold out already!

Last edited:

monologuist

Reaction score
Mike, can you comment on which of the new trouser fabrics would be most useful for southern Cali folks? And are there any that would most likely see pretty limited action due to weight?

mrpo0nani

Reaction score
The new Epaulet Outfits shoot with Dylan Boelte is so good. The fits were on point. :slayer:

And all you dudes making me want to get in on my first trouser order. Alas, first rent is due soon and i'll probably be living in a hole somewhere eating ramen for the next academic year. :violin:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads