• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

this is only in regards to the oxford cloth since it's a little slimmer.

Alright - just wondering, being relatively new to the brand.

konadog

Reaction score

Yes. I am a 33 and I wear the size 34 belt. I think Epaulet sizing is pretty standard. I also think that everyone should own the natural chromexcel belt. I think you can pretty much wear it with anything. Even these:

Is anyone else wearing the washed red this summer? I took mine out for their first spin the other day. It did feel a little aggressive.

i've been wearing the washed red for over a year now. always complimented when i wear them. are yours the rudy's? they look baggier than mine.

Simplicio

Reaction score

i've been wearing the washed red for over a year now. always complimented when i wear them. are yours the rudy's? they look baggier than mine.

Yes, these are Rudys. You are right, they do look a little baggy. After I saw this picture I gave them a wash, with a dry in the sun. They shrank just enough, I think. I think I am one of those guys (the majority) who always wants to err on the side of clothes that are too big. I'm working on it. But I do need the Rudy cut.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is fantastic and worth a quote. Jacket deets, Wis?

Thanks, K! The jacket is part of a suit from Thick as Thieves. The fabric is their Vitale Barberis Canonico #130 :)

I'm going to try another navy jacket and orange trousers look soon, this time with the other orange Walt. :slayer:

neutrino

Reaction score
How was Vienna? That town is my jam.

Well, guess what, it rained there
smile.gif
But only for a day. And the town is awesome. Saw lots of sights and visited Naturhistorisches Museum there.

Returning to our good ol' addiction - I think I've ordered one of the last natural chromexcel belts. Folks praised it here, so I gave up.

And wj4, that one is one of the best I have seen from you. Amazing.

Simplicio

Reaction score
Its tough to follow wj4, but this was today:

Butterscotch canvas (Rudy) and the blue oxford. And the dark brown chromexcel belt. I think I could have worn the natural chromexcel, but I have to give it a rest occasionally.

Last edited:

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for all of my Epaulet folks.
Due to the slim nature of the Walts do you find that when you sit down the pockets tend to flair up?
The Walts fit me fine in the waist and seat. No pocket flair when I am standing up just when I sit down.
Is that due in part to a flat front trouser?

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Question for all of my Epaulet folks.
Due to the slim nature of the Walts do you find that when you sit down the pockets tend to flair up?
The Walts fit me fine in the waist and seat. No pocket flair when I am standing up just when I sit down.
Is that due in part to a flat front trouser?

I find this happens even with my Rudy trousers, don't really think it's a big deal. The angle at which your thighs meet your hips when sitting will pretty much always make the pockets flare at least a little bit, unless your pants are way too big. If the pockets flare when you're standing up straight on the other hand, then that's a problem and the seat is probably too tight.

TheloniusDrunk

Reaction score
A humble request from a tall guy: please start making your chino's with a 36" inseam. Also, sport coats in long sizes would be excellent.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads