Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

^ haha! Man...Matt's timing could not have been better! Size 36 on the way to me already :) The 34s were definitely too snug, so here's to hoping that all the dimensions except the waist are better on these.

I also took the plunge on a pair of Carmina finally....not sure about sizing on those either, but it was worth a shot with the return policy incase they don't fit.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  2. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Which ones you get?

3. Simplicio

Simplicio Senior member

Size 36? I thought you had said that (like me) you wear a 33 Rudy. Can you really make the 36 rivets work?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  4. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Does this mean no blue?:S

5. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

You guys want me to go broke huh? Been waiting on the Grey Chino Rivet re-stock.....

6. trig

trig Senior member

7. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Oh yes, and sorry for the confusion. The Rivet Chino Moss is a very dark green duck canvas. The Regiment Twill moss is a bit lighter in tone.

Whoa, this is amazing! Thanks for posting up all of the shots, it looks like you had a fantastic time!

How was Vienna? That town is my jam.

Wow, they look awesome, thanks for picking them up! Those Burg shell monks are going to yield a crop of mind-blowing patina photos a year from now. Can't wait to see them.

Thank you sir! Man, we're shipping out a ton of these today.

8. JT24hr

JT24hr Active Member

By the way, kudos to the customer service at Epaulet. An item I had bought a week previously went on sale. I emailed Epaulet and they credited me the difference.

9. Beatlegeuse

Black Salinger Double Monks....I realized I have no black shoes (and no monks either) and I wanted something new for a wedding I have to attend coming up soon, and they were still available in 11.5UK, which I think will work for me. My only fear is that they will be just a tad too wide, but I can't wait to try them on!

Yep - 33 Rudy/34 Rivet, but I previously ordered the Oxford Grey Rivets in size 34, and had to return them because they were way too tight in the thigh and seat. I actually laid them down flat on top of my other Rivets that were also size 34 and they were about a half inch smaller in the thigh. So I'm hoping these new 36's are cut just as tight, so hopefully I will only need to alter the waist. If it turns out they're too big, I guess I can always return them and get the 34 again, and just let those out in the thigh and seat.

10. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Hmm that is a bit worrying. I'm a 33 Rudy and about to order some oxford greys I think...

Currently I have 34s in the old Japanese Golden Khaki, which fit pretty much spot on but are a bit loose in the waist, and some navy canvas rivets in 33 which I think are a bit too tight in the thigh/ seat area.

I was going to go with 34s in the oxford grey but now im wondering if a 36 is a safer bet...

11. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Papaya on vacation:
    [​IMG]
    Family pic, Mrs in Epaulet as well:
    [​IMG]

12. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

With all of this recent talk about bouncing between a 34 and 36, two questions:

Has the RC changed drastically in its fit recently to cause such issues as with Beatlegeuse?

and what are the chances Epaulet starts producing a tagged 35 as part of the standard size run?

13. wj4

wj4 Senior member

14. trig

trig Senior member

this is only in regards to the oxford cloth since it's a little slimmer.

15. Beatlegeuse

Exactly. I have 4 other pairs of Rivets, all size 34 and they all fit great. It was only the Oxford cloth that seemed to be cut much slimmer. I think some other people noticed this as well with their pairs. Although, I do remember one or two people commenting that theirs fit the same as their other Rivets. So it could turn out that the 36's will be too big for me. I'll have to wait and see, hopefully I get them before the end of the week.