• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

scottcw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

New Carmina Styles

Hawthorne Handsewn Moc Snuff Suede: $325

Went to make an impulse buy on these, but, alas, my size is not in stock.

JT24hr

Reaction score
Are the rivet moss duck a different color than the [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Slim Walt Regiment Twill Trouser Moss[/FONT] Trousers? On the pictures on the website the rivet looks much darker.

Thanks.

neutrino

Reaction score
Hey guys (and welcome back, K) - I've also been MIA, on a Europe trip (a couple of hours in Vilnius and Bremen, and then 2-4 day stops in Amsterdam, Ghent, Paris, Bern, Vienna, and Prague). So I just wanted to show a couple of pics featuring Epaulet gear here. They are not fit pics per se I guess, it's just that I wanted to share some moments from the journey which I'd very much liked - and without being too off-topic since there's still some Epaulet in there
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
And btw, all of those were taken with an Iphone 4s which I'd bought before the trip mostly because of Mike's recommendations
fistbump.gif

7oz caramel ducks in Bremen:

Koi print shirt and the same caramel ducks beside the "I amsterdam":

Somewhat ****** pic with a bit of the Koi print shirt from Ghent (and guys, if you haven't been there, I can only say this: if you look at my itinerary, all of those cities I've visited for the first time, and Ghent is the one that I'd like to go back to most of them all
inlove.gif
. I was lucky to get there when the Gentsefeesten were happening and that was really huge):

Me playing a black Yamaha in Cité Universitaire in Paris (madras shirt, grey oxford chinos):

Here I'm taking the navy/brown gingham shirt to the new heights (Eiffel tower):

Soaking my feet in Aare river in Bern (same madras shirt, 7oz french blues):

I can't help posting this planking pic taken with a timer camera in a small Polish town's empty railway station where I got held up for the night waiting for a train (grey oxford chinos):

And finally, a Good Guy Greg staged pic with a bit of Koi print shirt - in Amsterdam, of course:

Also, Mike, sorry but not buying the polos. I have no doubt they are as much value as any other Epaulet product, but I can't get over the thought of spending this much on a polo, especially after the trip has cost me some
smile.gif
I also earn several times less than most of you guys probably do, so I should be forgiven
bigstar[1].gif

Oh, and one more thing: I swear I saw an old gentleman in Amsterdam in the same navy/brown gingham shirt that I was wearing. Epaulet going for world domination
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Costa

Reaction score
Quick question; I seem to be right in between sizes in the trousers and chino's. Should I buy bigger or smaller and have tailored (or does in matter). Thanks in advance.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quick question; I seem to be right in between sizes in the trousers and chino's. Should I buy bigger or smaller and have tailored (or does in matter). Thanks in advance.

Size up.

rk9

Reaction score
First picture posted on this thread! And of only the second Epaulet item I have ever purchased (grey oxford rivets being the first). The good folks at Epaulet are correct that the color of the cordovan on these does not come through well in pictures. But they are perfect. Glad to have snagged the last pair in my size!

Last edited:

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own my pair of Rivets for around a month now and while at first I thought they were only a tad tight in the waist, I do now suffer from pain in the crotch from time to time as well.
NYR said earlier he sized up because of that exact reason too.
Also all people I talked to agreed, it is easier for a tailor to taper a leg instead of letting the whole upper block out on a pair that is too tight on you.
So if in doubt I would size up.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was contemplating the same thing about the oxford cloth rivets...I bought them in my standard rivet size, but they were too tight in the thigh and butt. If there is a restock, I may go one size up (well, 2 sizes actually because I will go from 34 to 36) and just get the waist taken in.

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Epaulet Rivet Chino Grey Oxford Cloth

Just a heads up! We just restocked this guy, to take care of all your Summer chino needs! We found a little of this at our factory and put it to use. This will definitely be the last restock we'll be able to do.

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I was contemplating the same thing about the oxford cloth rivets...I bought them in my standard rivet size, but they were too tight in the thigh and butt. If there is a restock, I may go one size up (well, 2 sizes actually because I will go from 34 to 36) and just get the waist taken in.

Epaulet Rivet Chino Grey Oxford Cloth

Just a heads up! We just restocked this guy, to take care of all your Summer chino needs! We found a little of this at our factory and put it to use. This will definitely be the last restock we'll be able to do.

Man, Beatlegeuse, if that's not the best customer service I've ever seen... :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads