• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
KGs got some of the best cuff pron on the intrenet. And this right after velo got his circumsicioned. That's cruel, mane.

Last edited:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Howlin' scarf, Brown Chromex belt.
-35.jpg

-36.jpg

-37.jpg

-38.jpg

Velo- here's the deal with your seamstress. She's not going to give you $200 for pants...I'd ask, but don't hold your breath. I would not pay her as she did not do what you asked, and let her know you won't ever use her again. Tell her she should have called you if she couldn't do what you asked. Don't get yourself too worked up though, and think of it like the Bronx Tale. Remember when C was chasing that guy for days for the $20 he was owed? Well, think of it like that, it just cost you $200 to get her out of your life. Now you know, go to the Italian guy. It sucks, but you still got a cool ass pair of pants and the knowledge of where to go next time. Its not worth aggravating yourself for someone who clearly doesn't give a ****. Just my two cents.

velomane

Reaction score

Velo- here's the deal with your seamstress. She's not going to give you $200 for pants...I'd ask, but don't hold your breath. I would not pay her as she did not do what you asked, and let her know you won't ever use her again. Tell her she should have called you if she couldn't do what you asked. Don't get yourself too worked up though, and think of it like the Bronx Tale. Remember when C was chasing that guy for days for the $20 he was owed? Well, think of it like that, it just cost you $200 to get her out of your life. Now you know, go to the Italian guy. It sucks, but you still got a cool ass pair of pants and the knowledge of where to go next time. Its not worth aggravating yourself for someone who clearly doesn't give a ****. Just my two cents.

Thanks for kind words. My colleagues know me as a bit of a powder keg, but as soon as the explosion is done, I'm back to my old reasonable self. You're right, it's only a pair of pants-there are much more important things in life to worry about. I will pop in to the seamstress's shop to let know she let me down and that she won't be seeing me again.

On the plus side, the cocoa trousers and gunmetal chinos should be delivered today- that should put a smile on my face.

Have a great day everyone. Mike

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike,

Do the washed red trousers look like the pictures in real life? I want a pair of red vibrant pants and from the pictures, they seem to fit the bill.

Also, is there a big difference between the Tapered Rudy and Slim Walt? From looking at the specs, the differences seem very minor.

theclipper

Reaction score

I just got my pair of Walt UK Stone Chinos back from the tailor. I'm trying to figure out if the length is ok or if I need to get them shortened/altered further. I've included a few photos wearing boots & shoes (I apologize for the poor lighting). I'd really appreciate any input from the pros as I'm still very new to the world of half-way decent clothes. I've already washed and dryed them, so I don't think there is much shrink left in the fabric.

Thanks so much.

Can anyone help a brotha out? :embar:

Thanks

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Can anyone help a brotha out? :embar:
Thanks

My thought is that there's too much break, particularly when seen from the front. Spoils the line. Sounds like you might feel the same way. Maybe try rolling them up once to see if that gives you a feel for them with a shorter inseam before taking them back to the tailor.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

My thought is that there's too much break, particularly when seen from the front. Spoils the line. Sounds like you might feel the same way. Maybe try rolling them up once to see if that gives you a feel for them with a shorter inseam before taking them back to the tailor.

I think they look fine. Remember these area more casual chino, not dressy trousers. You can get away with a little more break.

EDIT: It also depends on how tall he is. If he's very tall then having a little more break in pants helps create the illusion that's he's overly so. When someone is tall you run the risk of clothes looking too short on you because of it. It has to do with others visual perception of your proportions due to your height. If he is of a more normal build, then this is not an issue.

Last edited:

theclipper

Reaction score

I think they look fine. Remember these area more casual chino, not dressy trousers. You can get away with a little more break.
EDIT: It also depends on how tall he is. If he's very tall then having a little more break in pants helps create the illusion that's he's overly so. When someone is tall you run the risk of clothes looking too short on you because of it. It has to do with others visual perception of your proportions due to your height. If he is of a more normal build, then this is not an issue.

Thanks for the replies fellas. I guess I'm on the fence as to if I should have anything done. If it helps; I'm about 5'10'' and 130 lb. I'm pretty damn skinny, which is why the pants may look a little loose on me.

Thanks again.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for kind words. My colleagues know me as a bit of a powder keg, but as soon as the explosion is done, I'm back to my old reasonable self. You're right, it's only a pair of pants-there are much more important things in life to worry about. I will pop in to the seamstress's shop to let know she let me down and that she won't be seeing me again.
On the plus side, the cocoa trousers and gunmetal chinos should be delivered today- that should put a smile on my face.
Have a great day everyone. Mike

True. And the pants also look excellent without a cuff, even if you are not accustomed to wearing them that way.

Mike,
Do the washed red trousers look like the pictures in real life? I want a pair of red vibrant pants and from the pictures, they seem to fit the bill.
Also, is there a big difference between the Tapered Rudy and Slim Walt? From looking at the specs, the differences seem very minor.

The red trousers are excellent. The major difference between the Rudy and the Walt is that there is more room in the thigh and seat in the Rudy. For some people with bigger thighs, this is crucial. But if you can wear the Walt, as I do, I would recommend it. Mike always runs more Walt styles, and the look is sleek, but not skinny by any means.

(NYR, after all, would never be caught dead in a skinny fit pant.)

Can anyone help a brotha out?
shog[1].gif

Thanks

Try cuffing. They are too long, but you may like the way a cuff looks on those. When I am feeling especially
foo.gif
I have been known to double cuff my chinos.

EDIT: Have you washed them? With a hang dry? They will lose a bit of length when you wash them -- maybe a quarter inch.

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mike,

Depending on how slim (or fat) your legs and butt are, you can definitely tell the difference when you try on both pairs. The Rudy is perfect for me....slim but not too tight, but the Walt is skin-tight.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Thanks for the replies fellas. I guess I'm on the fence as to if I should have anything done. If it helps; I'm about 5'10'' and 130 lb. I'm pretty damn skinny, which is why the pants may look a little loose on me.

Thanks again.

At 5' 10" I don't think you would need to take your height into consideration for pants length. Having said that, I still think those look fine on you since they are casual chinos. :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads