Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Hey Guys,
    I regretfully am going to have to offer up my calf double monks for sale. Received these a few weeks ago (threw away the pretty red paper that was stuffed in the toes), tried them on for all of 30 seconds, thought they fit and took off for business travel. Just got home tonight and was anxious to try them on again. Damn it to hell they are just too narrow in the toe box for me. Really disappointed as they are beautiful shoes and I had been waiting and waiting on them for quite awhile. They are size 8UK. I wear a 9D Barrie which is just a little loose, and a 9D Grant and Plaza.
    WIth the exception of the previously mentioned toe stuffing being thrown away, these are brand new and only one shoe has been tried on. It's just that it's past the window of opportunity for returns with Epaulet otherwise would have sent them back.
    Willing to let them go for $500 which is $45 less than what I paid. I will cover shipping. Will probably get them listed on B&S tomorrow but thought I would offer them up here first. These are seriously beautiful and stylish shoes!
    Thanks and and an apology to Mike for using his thread to sell something.

2. velomane

velomane Senior member

Man, am I fuming. I just got back from the seamstress with my new navy donegals. I dropped them off last week and I asked her to put on some cuffs. So what did she do? Simply hemmed them because "the fabric is too thick, and it would not look good". My question to you, my esteemed brethren: am I entitled to be pissed about this? There's no going back now either, as there isn't enough fabric left in the leg. The only saving grace is that I didn't also bring in the chinos and moleskine trousers I also bought from Mike and co. I guess I'll make the drive across town to see the Italian tailor, whom I should have seen in the first place.

3. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

Um, yeah, you have the right to be pissed. She never should have done anything differenttly from you asked before calling you....she owes you new pants.

4. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Hells yes, be pissed. She should have called you, or at worst, not done it and waited for you to return to see what you'd want. And it's not a look thing, it looks fine on mine, its a lazy thing. I hope you didn't pay her. if your Italian guy is good, he may be able to do a "faux cuff"...Frank has done this for me on occasion and requires less material.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011

5. velomane

velomane Senior member

Thanks for the advice regarding the faux cuff. I think the seamstress still has some fabric left from her fuck up, so I'll pop in there tomorrow to retrieve it. By then I should be a bit cooler and better able to convey what I think of her work.

6. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Ehh, there was nothing really special about that fit...I'll have to work on something better for the contest. I also need to work on the lighting in my apartment - I get zero natural sunlight, so even with a flash my pics always end up looking too dark and the colors get washed out. The jacket in this pic is a pretty standard navy, but it looks almost black here.

[​IMG]
    RLPL
    Modern Tailor
    EP Brown CXL
    EP Wheat Donegal
    EP #8 Brixton

7. burningbright

burningbright Senior member

Yes, this also begs the question, how many Epaulet items need to be in the fit pics to participate and/or win said awesome Christmas trousers?

I'd really like to win said trousers, but just got started on my Epaulet collection with two pairs of Donegal trousers.

8. theclipper

theclipper Senior member

I just got my pair of Walt UK Stone Chinos back from the tailor. I'm trying to figure out if the length is ok or if I need to get them shortened/altered further. I've included a few photos wearing boots & shoes (I apologize for the poor lighting). I'd really appreciate any input from the pros as I'm still very new to the world of half-way decent clothes. I've already washed and dryed them, so I don't think there is much shrink left in the fabric.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks so much.

9. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

Dude, she owes you a new pair of pants. Plain and simple. Fight it. Fight her for this. Your chances might be slim, but it's worth a try.

I find most seamstresses a pain in the ass to deal with. Last pair of pants I took in I asked for a half break. She kept trying to give me a full break when pinning them telling me it looked better. I got her to pin them correctly, but of course she still gave me the full break when the work was done.

10. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

Raise hell.

11. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Velomane, did she cut the fabric or tuck it underneath? If it was the former, would have strangled the bitch ala Latrell Sprewell.

12. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Oof. My size.

13. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Since I can't use this for the contest...

[​IMG]

14. burningbright

burningbright Senior member

^

Love it. Looks like it could be some SF'ers tombstone monument.

Trouser ID?

15. velomane

velomane Senior member

I have to laugh (and I am). Just as I'm cooling down, I go online to do my evening internet thing and now I'm all riled up again. Yes, the stupid woman cut the goddamn things. Yes, she deserves to have a strip torn off of her. Why can't people just use their brains? Is there some sort of prohibition against critical thinking? Too much prime time television perhaps? And my wife wonders why I'm a misanthrope. Thanks for listening, over and out.

Oh, and KG, that's an awesome shot. I envy the cuffs!