Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Senior member

Finally took the tags off my reedspace x epaulet eps (gray w/purple details) and wore them into work today. Fucking sweet. Now I'll just have to get them hemmed a bit because I don't like the way these look rolled several times.

2. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Thanks, guys. It's Epaulet's brown Italian Donegal from last year. Sorry, Velo—not my intention to incite envy. FWIW, I have a few Epaulet trou without cuffs, and I still think they look great. Embrace variety!

I agree with this. The tape that runs along the interior of the outer seam makes for a nice detail when cuffed.

Thanks, Frank. Mike at Epaulet helped me out a lot in selecting a solid camera and offering advice on shooting pics. I use a Canon EOS Rebel XS with the kit lens.

3. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

The great thing about those is since they're cotton, you can wear them almost year round.

EDIT: Oh, and something I want to mention about those chinos: They're the only ones I've found to seemingly shrink after even a cold wash and hang-dry. However, they stretch back to their regular size after about an hour's worth of wearing. Scared me at first.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011

4. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

My Walts have arrived. Very excited to try them on. And then we'll see what the Boss Man Lady says about my color selection.

5. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

I think the length is fine, you could do what I do and roll em if you want them shorter (or cuff yourself, if not a whole roll) which can add some variety. That way you can wear as is, or shorten them according to your mood. If you're anything like me, you dress differently according to mood.

6. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Most underrated mob ever. Too bad C turned out to be a crackhead irl, he was great in this and as Belavaqua in the Sopranos.

7. theclipper

theclipper Senior member

Thanks for the responses everyone, much appreciated! I might just bite the bullet and get them shortened a bit more.

8. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Trouser Fit Pic Contest Additional Details

Okay, I've got some good news. There's actually enough fabric for two pairs of Christmas pants. So we'll name two winners for the contest:

First winner will be decided by popular vote. We'll narrow the photo entries down to 5-7 finalists, and then you guys will vote for the winner. If you have multiple trousers, you can submit multiple shots for consideration. One shot per trouser please.

Second winner will be chosen at random. For every person who enters, you'll receive one ballot. Whether you post one pic or a dozen, it's limited to a single ballot per person. We'll then put all of them into a box and pick out a name at random. We'll shoot a little iphone video when we do this to keep the suspense. With this, someone who only owns a single pair stands an equal chance with everyone else.

For timing, should we start the contest tomorrow and run it through Thursday? With voting to take place immediately after that? We can announce the winners on Tuesday, Jan 3rd, and put the trousers into work. The winners would then get them around end Jan. How's that sound?

9. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Great! So for the photo submissions, does the "one shot per trouser" rule mean no collages? (You know how much I love doing collages, but I can refrain.) Also, is there a requirement like "photos need to include the entire length of the trouser/chino/jeans"?

Oh, and just because I'm goofy like that, what if you announced the winners on Thursday, January 5? That's the 12th day of Christmas.

- K

10. Epaulet

Oh man, I'm not crazy enough to deny kgmessier his collages!

Overall, I'm easy. Working the trouser into a collage is fine, showing just a portion of the trouser is fine. The rest of the outfit can have epaulet-branded stuff or not. The only reason for the "one shot per trouser" rule is that we don't want members to submit five pics of themselves in the same exact pants. But collages are exempted from this, as they're technically one photo.

11. burningbright

burningbright Senior member

I'd also add an additional rule to prevent sock puppet submissions for the second pair of trousers. Submissions should be of full body shots, including the face so the photo can be matched to one username only. Mike, would you be willing to blank out faces upon request before posting them?

Sounds unnecessarily strict for a pair of trousers, I know, but I take my Christmas trousers pretty seriously. :cloud:

12. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

13. burningbright

A dummy account.

So, if I had 8 pairs of EP trousers but was only allowed one submission, I could theoretically create 8 different accounts and submit 8 different fit pics to improve my chances of winning and nobody would know it was the same person unless there was a face shot included.

If it sounds excessively stupid I'm willing to let it go, it was just an immediate thought of how one could game the contest.

14. Epaulet

Haha, don't worry about it. It's one pic per trouser - so you'd be fully allowed to post 8 different shots.

I woudn't worry too much about gaming things. For the popular vote, I'd say that the SF crew isn't too likely to vote a blurred-face / no-face poster as the winner anyway.

And for the ballot vote, everyone has the same chances (one ballot). Obviously, we'll smell some wrong doing if suddenly a dozen accounts show up with single post counts and the same pant. I trust everyone to keep the Christmas pant contest clean and honest.

15. burningbright

Yeah that was my initial concern. Just wanted someone to keep an eye out for it, but you're right: it's a Christmas contest so it should be clean and honest. :)

That said, I've got two pairs of Donegals waiting in my mailbox that need hemming when I get home. After reading people's posts about their thighs being too big to fit into Walts though, I'm starting to worry. Guess time will tell.