• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vests are the real deal. Nice work
C78E08D6-1F2F-4F69-A269-14C465293D5D.jpeg

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
Oh my it’s a gorgeous camo catastrophe. I love it.
Yessssssssss... it's so incredible!!! Your jacket is shipping out today! Sorry for the delay... one of the buttons needed to be replaced, so I dropped it at the factory on Friday. Should get it this afternoon, and it will be handed off to UPS.

View attachment 1580321
View attachment 1580320
View attachment 1580319
I am now in receipt, and I have to say: this thing is ridiculous in the best way possible. The sizing is perfect. It has an extra soft hand—maybe it got super pulverized in the dryer to ensure shrinkage or it’s a result of the dye?

Theres a lot of brown and gold which almost gives it the feel of a neutral, as strange as it is to describe a tie dye camo karate jacket that way. Very cool. I’m immediately taken with it and can’t wait to bring it out into the sunshine tomorrow.

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any update on this? PM'd immediately after being requested and still haven't received an acknowledgement or update 2 days later.
This and other recent reports are unfortunate, as I was starting to consider dipping my toes into the MTO or MTM pond again after avoiding these projects for the past 18 months due to my own negative experience. You're good people who make good things, Eva, so I really do want to support you (and have therefore continued to buy the occasional in stock piece), but I hate it when something that should be pleasurable (like buying clothes) turns into an extended episode where I have to come looking for answers 6 months later, chasing down any response, and feeling awful for doing so to good people. Customer service--not necessarily making all your deadlines, but being completely transparent and available when delays inevitably occur--is near the top of my list for nearly all retailers, but especially those who I'm paying now for a project to be made later. Please do make sure to fix this so that I can offer my full support without worry!

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
This and other recent reports are unfortunate, as I was starting to consider dipping my toes into the MTO or MTM pond again after avoiding these projects for the past 18 months due to my own negative experience. You're good people who make good things, Eva, so I really do want to support you (and have therefore continued to buy the occasional in stock piece), but I hate it when something that should be pleasurable (like buying clothes) turns into an extended episode where I have to come looking for answers 6 months later, chasing down any response, and feeling awful for doing so to good people. Customer service--not necessarily making all your deadlines, but being completely transparent and available when delays inevitably occur--is near the top of my list for nearly all retailers, but especially those who I'm paying now for a project to be made later. Please do make sure to fix this so that I can offer my full support without worry!

Thanks for this post!

Glad to say they have processed the refund. Won't be doing business with them going forward, myself but considering they do seem like decent people, I'd say give them your support.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I am now in receipt, and I have to say: this thing is ridiculous in the best way possible. The sizing is perfect. It has an extra soft hand—maybe it got super pulverized in the dryer to ensure shrinkage or it’s a result of the dye?

Theres a lot of brown and gold which almost gives it the feel of a neutral, as strange as it is to describe a tie dye camo karate jacket that way. Very cool. I’m immediately taken with it and can’t wait to bring it out into the sunshine tomorrow.

That's so great to hear! Yeah I'm absolutely thrilled with how these turned out. Would love to see some pics if you have time to shoot them!

Thanks for checking in and I always appreciate honest feedback, even if it's critical.

I'll be the first to admit that quite a lot of things went haywire for a good portion of 2020. The majority was due to COVID and the total disruption of my product pipeline, but quite a bit of it was also due to my personal handling of orders and communication. Lots of things went off the rails, and you're entirely right... being transparent and apologetic is the correct approach. It was, at times, just very difficult for me to do. Working largely on my own, isolated mostly in my house, always facing the prospect of disappointing countless customers and friends with factory delays and problems... it was definitely overwhelming.

But I don't want to give excuses. Ming has been a superhero with organization, and we're working on being faster and better at this than ever before. I'm being VERY selective with preorder and custom items that we offer. LA is still moving slowly, so we're concentrating on getting old orders and doing that very small batch of new jackets before I offer anything else. We won't do any promotions with RTC until we're caught up with them. Overall I think nearly everything will be back on track very soon, but 2020 taught us that nothing is guaranteed and surprises can and do happen.

For the moment, we're hyping up Individualized shirts because they've been extremely reliable and operational since last August. If you order a custom shirt now, you're gonna have it in six weeks.

I want to get some of the enthusiasm back on this thread as well.. and I'm totally open to any suggestions on what you guys would like to see. We can run contests, we can do more behind the scenes work.

You wouldn't know it from this thread, but we've shipped over 1,000 parcels since Jan 1st. That includes about 400 Sashiko garments, around 50 tweed vests, 30 RTC garments, around 125 Hertling pants, about a dozen Aero jackets, tons of t-shirts, sweatpants, and sale merchandise. I think that the lingering pandemic just sapped a lot of people's enthusiasm, and I totally get that. It's definitely the case for me. I'd love to encourage people to post more feedback, more photos, and just use this as a community space to talk about whatever. I know that me and Ming have some jokes, but we'd rather hear from you guys!

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yo mama jokes aside (and believe me, I have a lot of them), it's the last call for our custom shirting event.

* 15% off everything with code custom15
* You can order the baller new "Leisure Collar" on anything
* We have some seriously dope new fabrics for Spring
* If you're new to this, select "Create a Fully Custom Profile" and Ming will get at you with expert sizing guidance

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE ALL OF THE INFO ON IT!!!

Leisure Collar1.jpg

Also... yo momma is so dumb, she thought that Craig Mack and Biggie Smalls were value meals!!!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads