• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I was a parka order so that makes sense. What's the parka status?

@tdes81 we're planning to cut them right after this latest batch of specials finish up. And deliver them around the end of July. Sorry, I know that this is an insanely long delay for this jacket.. but it's going to be amazing! I'll keep everyone updated here, as we can add in additional units of this piece if there's other interested customers.

I like the idea of a Kamigata in Sashiko. Seems like the the shape and material are a perfect match. Very interested in a Fall tone Sashiko Kamigata!

Awesome.. I think it's got potential. I have a sample in it actually and it's pretty boss. The Kamigata wasn't historically a great item for us, but maybe this can change things.

What about a sashiko hoodie? Is that possible?

I'd so be in for a sashiko hoodie. Especially if it was a zip up. With front pockets.

The parka has a hood, doesn't it?

A hooded jacket... like the parka - or a windbreaker - or a smock would be possible. Think of the sashiko like a denim with a small amount of stretch in it. You can make a jacket or a pant that has some flex to it, but you can't do a sweatshirt or something that you have to entirely pop on and off. I'd be reticient to do a garment that didn't open fully in the front with either buttons or a zipper, just as it would be a real PITA to get on and off for most guys.

That said, I'm totally open to a hooded jacket shape that's smaller and simpler than the parka. Got anything that you guys would like to see? Maybe a simple zip-front jacket could be fresh... like this kind of thing below... Couple of thoughts...

1) We have a good base for this in the Dean's Nuts jacket, which already has a four button patch pocket orientation and working cuffs. Fits identical to the Doyle. So the development is easy, as it's really just changing the front closure and adding a hood.

2) Our jacket would be all one color obvi

3) We'd have to use buttons rather than a zipper. The Sashiko shrinks a lot with its wash and dye. This is fine with buttons, but a zipper would get completely twisted and distorted. So it would need a button front shape like the jacket below...

mountain-olive-j-crew-colour-blocked-60-40-jacket-1.jpg

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what was the inseam measurement on sashiko rivets? my natural order arrived, and after trying on, I actually wonder if I need to get them hemmed. are they shorter than the normal rivet inseam?

jms

Reaction score
Awesome.. I think it's got potential. I have a sample in it actually and it's pretty boss. The Kamigata wasn't historically a great item for us, but maybe this can change things.

I remember that you do (courtesy of Instagram ?)! I'm just posting to bang the drum. The only downside in my mind, the way the Kamigata is styled and in Sashiko, is it could look like you're walking around after Kendo class. There are worse things. Could be a great cold weather layering piece, too. I'm sorry that I missed its first iteration.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
what was the inseam measurement on sashiko rivets? my natural order arrived, and after trying on, I actually wonder if I need to get them hemmed. are they shorter than the normal rivet inseam?

Awesome glad that they arrived! The inseam length shrank a bit more than anticpated so looks like they're about 35" long. That will probably grow a little bit as you wear them and the legs stretch, but figure 35 to 35.5.

I remember that you do (courtesy of Instagram ?)! I'm just posting to bang the drum. The only downside in my mind, the way the Kamigata is styled and in Sashiko, is it could look like you're walking around after Kendo class. There are worse things. Could be a great cold weather layering piece, too. I'm sorry that I missed its first iteration.

Ah very cool! Yeah, a natural Sashiko kamigata will definitely give off the martial arts vibe, but in dyed colors it really works.

For the short term, I'll most likely offer the kamigata as a shape in all of those custom fabrics that we offered last month (denim, chambray, stripes, etc). It wasn't a crowd-pleaser, but it had guys who REALLY liked it, so probably makes the most sense to offer it as a one-off garment to those who really like the design.

nd1nd2nd3

Reaction score
Do I need more kamigatas? While I don’t wear my red one as much as I thought, but my crosshatch blue denim one remains one of my favorite purchases ever.... so Once my current employment situation clears up, I might be able to talk myself into ordering one if I see a fabric I really like. Either something dressier or maybe black denim.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome glad that they arrived! The inseam length shrank a bit more than anticpated so looks like they're about 35" long. That will probably grow a little bit as you wear them and the legs stretch, but figure 35 to 35.5.

I’m thinking that with these being pretty casual, maybe not hemming them is fine. I’d usually hem to somewhere between 32.5 and 33. Maybe I’m crazy and I’ll try them on in the morning again

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet - Sad news about the closing of that Gitman factory. Just curious, do you know how many other factories they have? I know they’ve got more than a few different lines of shirts and was curious if they are all produced at different factories. I love the Gitman Vintage stuff for casual wear but also really like the “Gitman Gold” dress shirts, but you don’t see those too often.

Regarding the two fits you’ll be offering, is your Epaulet fit in this round the same as the shirts you’ve had Gitman run for you in the past few years? Can you comment on how much bigger a shirt in the same size in Gitman’s regular fit would be?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Do I need more kamigatas? While I don’t wear my red one as much as I thought, but my crosshatch blue denim one remains one of my favorite purchases ever.... so Once my current employment situation clears up, I might be able to talk myself into ordering one if I see a fabric I really like. Either something dressier or maybe black denim.

Awesome, yeah I think that's the best way to do it. We'll have a ton of options to choose from whenever you're ready

I’m thinking that with these being pretty casual, maybe not hemming them is fine. I’d usually hem to somewhere between 32.5 and 33. Maybe I’m crazy and I’ll try them on in the morning again

Sure thing, and a lot of guys like to wear them rolled and cuffed. You can always try it and hem them later if you want.

@Epaulet - Sad news about the closing of that Gitman factory. Just curious, do you know how many other factories they have? I know they’ve got more than a few different lines of shirts and was curious if they are all produced at different factories. I love the Gitman Vintage stuff for casual wear but also really like the “Gitman Gold” dress shirts, but you don’t see those too often.

Regarding the two fits you’ll be offering, is your Epaulet fit in this round the same as the shirts you’ve had Gitman run for you in the past few years? Can you comment on how much bigger a shirt in the same size in Gitman’s regular fit would be?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 11.44.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 11.44.32 AM.png
    203.7 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Beav

Reaction score
[QUOTE="Epaulet, post: 10241208, ]

So.. basically any fabric that you see for custom Doyles and Sinclairs can be made in my LA shapes. That includes: Doyle, Sinclair, Wilhelm, Rivet Chino, Rivet Short, Chainstitch Shirt, Parka, Bomber, Kamigata, Deans Nuts Jacket.
[/QUOTE]
Eva, quick follow up question on this for future reference... so is it possible to order a Dean's nuts jacket in the fabrics that you offer for doyles/sinclairs? And if so, any upcharge? And what's the process to ask for this?

Thanks

sartoria vacua

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick update before getting to responses... most of the black and grey sashiko pieces arrived today and we already started shipping

@Epaulet ... if we think we're in an other than "most of the black and grey sashiko pieces arrived" category (or at least haven't seen a shipping notice), what's eta looking like for us?

also thanks for offering a gitman standard fit in this ultimate (?) ashland promo TK.

Coffandcig

Reaction score
Really digging the sashiko Sinclair. Forgive the poor photo quality, gotta start somewhere.

Attachments

• IMG_20200614_175347776_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200614_175347776_HDR.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 44

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Bad news on Gitman Brothers... I spoke with their production manager and the project isn't happening. We did a lot of groundwork over the weekend for it, but it's looking like things are going to be too tight with timing. The factory is closing in August come hell or high water, and it was going to be challenging to get this stuff made and finished.

The whole goal of the project was to offer the last production run in Pennsylvania, and it became clear that we'd only have a 50% chance of that actually happening. COVID wrecked so much of our delivery schedule that I didn't want to disappoint anyone further with a project that could go sideways. And it would have sucked if the PA factory closed and then the shirts get finished off in a totally different location.

So... we do have maybe a dozen long-overdue factory finds shirts running through now. Those will be our last Pennsylvania-made Gitman Bros pieces.

Eva, quick follow up question on this for future reference... so is it possible to order a Dean's nuts jacket in the fabrics that you offer for doyles/sinclairs? And if so, any upcharge? And what's the process to ask for this?

Thanks

I'd say about a $50 upcharge from the Doyle price for a Dean's Nuts jacket. I'll make a checkout item that you can add to the cart before the next round.

@Epaulet ... if we think we're in an other than "most of the black and grey sashiko pieces arrived" category (or at least haven't seen a shipping notice), what's eta looking like for us?

also thanks for offering a gitman standard fit in this ultimate (?) ashland promo TK.

Should be shipping out yours today!

@Epaulet , will you be responding to DMs here or will your staff be responding in email? I have an order adjustment that needs to be made on the rivet shorts. Thanks.

Gotcha, i'll look for your email right now.

Really digging the sashiko Sinclair. Forgive the poor photo quality, gotta start somewhere.

Thanks for posting and glad that it arrived safely![/QUOTE]

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet any idea on the time frame for the denim Doyles from the April orders?

Yup, I should have the majority of them finishing by Friday and the rest by mid next week. Won't be long now for shipping on all of that custom stuff.

Since it's all in work, I'm going to offer a bunch of higher end fabrics tomorrow for customs. We'll have Silk Matka, Albini Linen, and Zegna Wool-Silk Linen. We'll look to get those finished with a quickness and shipped out in mid-July. This stuff is intended for jackets, but we can definitely do chinos out of it as well. I don't know who has the cohones for a Silk Matka suit.. but I feel that he's out there.....

59b05bfb45e23852008b45e2

Also... the Most Interesting Man in the world should probably back off the booze a little bit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics