• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A trucker in something like that Tobacco Yoshiwa Denim would be nice too. But now I'm thinking about some wilhelm chinos is that Tobacco Yoshiwa Wabash Stripe or that variegated indigo. What's the weight on those fabrics Eva, would it be okay for this 90-95 degrees weather?

Oh man.. Wasbash stripe chinos would be freaking rad! We actually took a few orders for those in round one.

The weight is 10oz. You comfort on a hot day really depends on what you wear. It's a denim... so it has a reasonably open weave and breathes well. 10oz is significantly lighter than the typical jean, which is more like 12 or 14. If you're comfortable wearing a jean or a regular khaki pant on a really hot day, then this will be great. If you need really lightweight fabrics or shorts, then you'll probably find this uncomfortable in the middle of Summer.

That said, it's kind of a perfect weight for LBC. We're not dealing with humidity with the Summer heat, so I think you'd be able to wear it comfortably on most days. There seems to be a good community of guys in LA who wear jeans every single day regardless of the weather.

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife and I bought our first home about two weeks ago, and were in the process of moving out of our (hopefully) last-ever rental over the last week. Sent these pics to Eva as I was brushing and boxing up some old EP purchases, and thought I'd share the images here.

View attachment 1404168

Carmina Saddle Shell Dubmonks. I remember seeing these on the thread while yet a wee lad and being absolutely taken by them. I think they were my first ever EP purchase, and Eva was kind enough to recognize the unbridled lust of a young man still in school and sell me a last pair at discount. Maybe summer 2011? Can't believe how well the shell has held up.

View attachment 1404169

Carmina grained Jumper Boot. Another legendary EP shape, I got these off the B/S (and I think even a 1/2 size too big, but had to have them). Tried, in my youth, to slightly burnish the toe to ill effect, but hey - they're mine. The leather on these, too, have held up remarkably well for 10-ish years of wear, and the commando sole shows no sign of deterioration.
First and foremost, congratulations on making one of the biggest and smartest financial decisions you will ever make.

Epaulet's Carmina dubs in dark brown were my first full price higher-end footwear purchase. I think I had two, maybe three Walts at that point as well. Gateway drugs, to be sure.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AD7E7510-73D0-4437-BC58-CF2ACEF38D66.jpeg

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi @Epaulet -- just checking in on those eternal chestnut corduroy jackets. :) Are things still moving along?

Duke Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weren't there plans for a moleskin overshirt at some point? Can't remember if that happened or not, but I'd think a shape like that would work really well w/ sashiko as well. I'd be more inclined to pick that up than a trucker. I'm nowhere near tough enough to rock a trucker.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Now that the factory is open, any ETA on the Walt pre-order from a month or two back?

hammerhead_corvette

Reaction score
Oh man.. Wasbash stripe chinos would be freaking rad! We actually took a few orders for those in round one.

The weight is 10oz. You comfort on a hot day really depends on what you wear. It's a denim... so it has a reasonably open weave and breathes well. 10oz is significantly lighter than the typical jean, which is more like 12 or 14. If you're comfortable wearing a jean or a regular khaki pant on a really hot day, then this will be great. If you need really lightweight fabrics or shorts, then you'll probably find this uncomfortable in the middle of Summer.

That said, it's kind of a perfect weight for LBC. We're not dealing with humidity with the Summer heat, so I think you'd be able to wear it comfortably on most days. There seems to be a good community of guys in LA who wear jeans every single day regardless of the weather.
I want that tobacco stripe in a shirt.

slows2k

Reaction score
Epaulet_Fall_Outerwear_272.jpg

Would you guys like to keep that rounded collar or make it a more standard pointed one?

I actually like the rounded collar as-is; its a little different than most of the other options out there so it'll stand apart a bit from the sea of truckers. I'm on board for the pattern just as shown above.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
My wife and I bought our first home about two weeks ago, and were in the process of moving out of our (hopefully) last-ever rental over the last week. Sent these pics to Eva as I was brushing and boxing up some old EP purchases, and thought I'd share the images here.

View attachment 1404168

Carmina Saddle Shell Dubmonks. I remember seeing these on the thread while yet a wee lad and being absolutely taken by them. I think they were my first ever EP purchase, and Eva was kind enough to recognize the unbridled lust of a young man still in school and sell me a last pair at discount. Maybe summer 2011? Can't believe how well the shell has held up.

View attachment 1404169

Carmina grained Jumper Boot. Another legendary EP shape, I got these off the B/S (and I think even a 1/2 size too big, but had to have them). Tried, in my youth, to slightly burnish the toe to ill effect, but hey - they're mine. The leather on these, too, have held up remarkably well for 10-ish years of wear, and the commando sole shows no sign of deterioration.

Wow awesome... thanks so much for posting these!! So glad to see that the shoes are still serving you well. It's rad to see our old shipping card too. Congrats on the house!!!

First and foremost, congratulations on making one of the biggest and smartest financial decisions you will ever make.

Epaulet's Carmina dubs in dark brown were my first full price higher-end footwear purchase. I think I had two, maybe three Walts at that point as well. Gateway drugs, to be sure.

Dub monks were running those early 2010's pretty hard. Do you guys still see them around a lot? I didn't notice many at Pitti.. but that's really my only point of reference. Living in the Southbay of Los Angeles, I rarely see anyone with dress pants on here, let alone a good pair of dress shoes.

DUDE. That looks awesome on you!

Hi @Epaulet -- just checking in on those eternal chestnut corduroy jackets. :) Are things still moving along?

PM me your order no or name. We should have received and shipped out all of the Chestnut Sinclairs & Doyles. I'm going to need a bit longer on the parkas.

Weren't there plans for a moleskin overshirt at some point? Can't remember if that happened or not, but I'd think a shape like that would work really well w/ sashiko as well. I'd be more inclined to pick that up than a trucker. I'm nowhere near tough enough to rock a trucker.

Yes I had an overshirt design going through about a year back. It still needed some tweaks, and I kind of moved it to the back burner. In Sashiko... I honestly think it would fight too much with the Doyle. From a customer's perspective, I think the Doyle is way more functional and versatile. Price would be about the same too.

Also... I'm going to personally validate your toughness and make it trucker-level. Especially in Sashiko, which evokes less of a greaser vibe than denim. I wasn't a fan of this shape in the past, but I wore a trucker jacket yesterday for IG live and I'm officially not tough. I'm also drinking at Boulevadier there!

IMG_2110.jpg

Now that the factory is open, any ETA on the Walt pre-order from a month or two back?

They just sent me 10 pairs yesterday and I have another 30 or so leaving next week. It's definitely slow, but they're getting through them. The real issue is cutting. The master cutter over there is 72yo, so he locked down during the quarantine. And then again during the protests and curfew. Hopefully things will stabilize and we can both get our outstanding units and organize some work for the Fall.

I want that tobacco stripe in a shirt.

Can be done! A few guys asked me about shirts yesterday on Instagram.

So.. basically any fabric that you see for custom Doyles and Sinclairs can be made in my LA shapes. That includes: Doyle, Sinclair, Wilhelm, Rivet Chino, Rivet Short, Chainstitch Shirt, Parka, Bomber, Kamigata, Deans Nuts Jacket.

Pricing is fairly consistent with the Doyle price. So I can do a Chainstitch shirt for you, but it's going to be $225 to $245 because the single unit costs me the same as Doyle. When we run chainstitch shirts in bulk, it's a lot cheaper than a jacket. If you want to buy a few Chainstitch shirts (lets say 3 or more), then I can probably get that price down by 15% or maybe 20% or so.

I actually like the rounded collar as-is; its a little different than most of the other options out there so it'll stand apart a bit from the sea of truckers. I'm on board for the pattern just as shown above.

Thank you!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
GITMAN BROTHERS FACTORY CLOSING & LAST PENNSYLVANIA OXFORD PROJECT

Quick heads up on this guys. As you may have read, Gitman Brothers is closing their factory in Ashland, PA. It's been making shirts since 1965 in that location. It's definitely a sad day for the industry and another victim of COVID's toll on domestic manufacturing. Most of the employees there have been offered positions at their other factories and I know that quite a few of them are going to Individiualized, so at least we're retaining a good number of the jobs there.

I've personally visited that factory on a few occasions and it's a true piece of history. We're going to do a last call for Pennsylvania shirts for one week. It will launch tomorrow and run through next Sunday. Here's the basic idea:

1) We're going to offer Gitman's famous "TTX" cotton Oxford cloth. They'll be a minimum of four fabrics, with maybe an additional 3 to 6 on top of that. I'll know later today.

2) You can choose from one of six collars (Trad buttondown, compact buttondown, compact point, cutaway, club, band)

3) Price is fixed at $165 for all fabrics. Mother of Pearl buttons are included.

4) Orders close on 6/22 with shipment in mid to late August. All shirts are cut to order and final sale

5) We'll offer both the Epaulet fit and the Gitman "Regular" fit, which is larger and classic.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PM me your order no or name. We should have received and shipped out all of the Chestnut Sinclairs & Doyles. I'm going to need a bit longer on the parkas.

I was a parka order so that makes sense. What's the parka status?

jms

Reaction score
So.. basically any fabric that you see for custom Doyles and Sinclairs can be made in my LA shapes. That includes: Doyle, Sinclair, Wilhelm, Rivet Chino, Rivet Short, Chainstitch Shirt, Parka, Bomber, Kamigata, Deans Nuts Jacket.

I like the idea of a Kamigata in Sashiko. Seems like the the shape and material are a perfect match. Very interested in a Fall tone Sashiko Kamigata!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads