• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3) My factory needs some more work ASAP so I'm going to try and be creative. I'd like to do a new round of Rivet Chinos with some fabrics that I have on hand. The cloth is on the heavier side and not idea for the late July delivery date, but I could do them pretty inexpensively to drum up interest. I've got:

1) Khaki Cozy Brushed Twill from Brisbane Moss ($145)
2) An absolutely perfect cotton Cavalry Twill from Brisbane Moss ($145)
3) Forest Green Pima Cotton Corduroy (old school fabric). ($125)
4) Chocolate brown ripstop ($125)
5) Digital Camo Blue ($95)
6) Digital Camo Desert ($95)

How does this sound? Would be some of the lowest prices that we've been able to offer for this stuff. We'd also offer hems.. with or without cuffs.. for $15.

How about some digi camo shorts? I'd also be interested in the shorts if they had two inseam options: one at the standard 8" and one at a shorter 5". I'm probably in the minority (and my wife cringes when I wear them), but I prefer my shorts on the shorter side.

Also, any update on Southwick getting back to work?

L.I.T.

Reaction score
Just got my natural Sashiko Sinclair and Rivets. All I can say is WOW

Might be my favorite Sinclair so far since it fits and a stretches a little. Hope these 95 degrees days in Long Beach aren't everyday because I definitely want to get some wear out of it before its sweltering.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Sorry to be MIA for the past few days, I've been working on a bunch of stuff behind the scenes here. I owe a bunch of PM responses too... will work on that tomorrow.

Quick update before getting to responses... most of the black and grey sashiko pieces arrived today and we already started shipping. Navy will be going out Friday to Monday. Thanks again to everyone who participated in this awesome preorder!

What color is the Calvary twill?

Will there be pictures of these going up? I think you left out the colour of fabric #2

@aapmm @Sartorium

Oh sorry, the Cavalry Twill is a really handsome camel tone. Like khaki but a little bit darker. I'll have pics and video of everything. I'm thinking to put this up late next week, after the shorts preorder is already cut and in work.

Is that Aubergine Blackwatch available for a shirt? If so what would the price be?

Re: creative ideas for the LA factory, I think a natural sashiko sweatshirt or henley would be pretty unstoppable. I realize that’d be a new pattern, but thought I’d throw it out there.

@nickpapagiorgio ah man I wish... that Aubergine BW was entirely cut up for masks. Pretty much every mask fabric has been discontinued as shirts. I don't really know what criteria they used. It's a rad mask though.

Add me to the pile for sashiko Henley

EDIT

I don't know if you've seen the Inis Meain henleys but they have these great big substantial horn buttons that I think would work really well with the thicker sashiko fabric

A Sashiko henley would be dope, Eva.

omg yes to the sashiko henley

@Sartorium @nickpapagiorgio @losrockets @scoobmx

Thanks for suggesting the sashiko henley idea guys! Please feel free to toss out any thoughts that you have. I've made lots of pieces in response to direct feedback from this thread.

I love the idea of a sashiko henley stylistically, but the current fabric wouldn't really work too well. It's a woven fabric, so it's great for pants and jackets, but it doesn't stretch much. As a henley or any other kind of popover piece, it would be pretty difficult for most guys to get on and off. That said.. there could be space for a shawl collar variant of the sinclair which would give off a cozy cardigan vibe.

And really... speaking of the Sinclair... I think that the Sinclair in Sashiko might be the single best garment that I've ever made. It's incredible how well the lapels work in this cloth. I really can't wait to hear what everyone thinks of it!

Great call on the horn buttons. I definitely want to expand our custom options for the next round of Doyle/Sinclair/Wilhelm/Rivet and I'm working on a great set of new button and trim options. I'd love to offer a few colors of corozo nut buttons and maybe some natural horn and MOP options.

I'd love to see henley's in general. Been looking for a high quality, well fitting one for a bit. I'd buy several once getting the fit figures out.

I still have a white one from back in the day that fits like a dream. I remember them running small because I picked up a large in it.

@up1911fan thanks guys... I miss our knitwear program too! I had some new production in work before the Coronavirus hit, but I'd love to revisit that for the Fall. Definitely thinking about sweatshirts too.

If were throwing ideas out there...

I had a sashiko type III trucker a couple years back that I regret selling-from RGT, I think. In any case those are impossible to find now. Would love the chance to get another, especially if there were other color options.

+1 for a sashiko trucker in new colors. Always loved my epaulet denim jacket.

@slows2k I love this idea. I'm leaning towards offering the bomber jacket as our next Sashiko shape, so that might delivery some of the vibe that you guys are looking for.

But developing a simple trucker jacket is a no-brainer. I'm setting up a whole section of my factory for custom work, and I have access to great denims in both regular width and selvedge. Offering custom selvedge truckers in a range of fabrics could be perfect.

Gimme my Doyle! :cool:

@Caustic Man should be coming soon! I think we're going to see a bunch of custom pieces in about a week.

How about some digi camo shorts? I'd also be interested in the shorts if they had two inseam options: one at the standard 8" and one at a shorter 5". I'm probably in the minority (and my wife cringes when I wear them), but I prefer my shorts on the shorter side.

Also, any update on Southwick getting back to work?

@Michigan Planner I've got Navy digicam and Desert Digicam avaialble... I'd be happy to make shorts in them for anyone who's interested. I'll post some info in the next post about shorts.

For this run we'll need to do everything at 8" inseams but I can absolutely offer fully custom shorts with our next MTO round. You could do a short out of any fabric that we offer, and 5" inseams would be no problem at all.

No updates yet from Southwick, but I'm on them. Will let you guys know as soon as I'm given any kind of word.

Just got my natural Sashiko Sinclair and Rivets. All I can say is WOW

Might be my favorite Sinclair so far since it fits and a stretches a little. Hope these 95 degrees days in Long Beach aren't everyday because I definitely want to get some wear out of it before its sweltering.

@Don L @L.I.T. So great to hear!! I'm really thrilled with how they came out. Enjoy them!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Last Call for Shorts

Hey guys, I'm going to email this out in a newsletter later today, but it's the real last call for nylon/cotton shorts. I want to make the end of month deadline for shipping, so I've got to buy the fabric and get it to the factory on Friday. We'll start cutting next Monday and sewing by the end of the week. 2020 has been chock full of surprises so who the hell knows if an asteroid is going to hit just when the rear pockets are set to finish, but I'm going to bust all of the chops to get these through on time.

NYLON/COTTON MILITARY SPEC RIVET CHINO SHORT PROJECT: $95

If you don't know about these already... here's the TLDR...

1) This is the best shorts preorder we've ever done
2) There's five colors available of military-spec "NYCO" fabric
3) The cloth is half nylon & half cotton. It's tough as hell and very lightweight. Perfect for hot days.
4) The hand is very soft and it has a matte, technical finish. It feels a lot like a poplin dress shirt.
5) The shape is based on the Rivet Chino and it has a crowd-pleasing 8" inseam. The thigh and leg opening should work for anyone who owns and likes an epaulet pant.

And for you guys, I can also offer these three cotton ripstops in the Rivet Short. Same price ($95) and they'll get made at the same time. If you want one, just order a NYCO color in the item and write what you'd like to substitute in checkout comments. They are Chocolate Solid Ripstop, Navy Digicam Ripstop, and Desert Digicam Ripstop. If you'd prefer these in a full-length pant, then just wait until next week... I'll have a new preorder for that.

RIPCTN-BRO-51254819.png
RIPCTN-USN-5125580.png
RIPCTN-DES-5125929.png

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
Hey Eva! Thanks for the jungle poplin and natural sashiko! Few things:

1) Could you send me a return label for the first jungle poplin I received?

2) Is there still an option to add a Doyle to the shorts order?

3) Is the camo ripstop Doyle in play now or is that pending a future cutting? Also, what was the weight on that again?

best!
Jeff

slows2k

Reaction score
@slows2k I love this idea. I'm leaning towards offering the bomber jacket as our next Sashiko shape, so that might delivery some of the vibe that you guys are looking for.

But developing a simple trucker jacket is a no-brainer. I'm setting up a whole section of my factory for custom work, and I have access to great denims in both regular width and selvedge. Offering custom selvedge truckers in a range of fabrics could be perfect.

The bomber could be cool but I would be all in on a preorder for a trucker. I love the idea of one in the thick but soft sashiko you guys use, almost as an alternative to a zip up hoodie you can throw on whenever, without the break-in that typically comes with denim or duck truckers. And if you made it in grey/silver, I might faint. Th buttons you already use would be perfect, too, as they lend a different look over the standard shiny types truckers have.

I actually thought your old trucker pattern was pretty nice; the collar was unusual in a good way. But if you wanted to make something similar with a larger collar, thats cool too.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to get my navy doyle. My 3rd one in the past 6 months.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Eva! Thanks for the jungle poplin and natural sashiko! Few things:

1) Could you send me a return label for the first jungle poplin I received?

2) Is there still an option to add a Doyle to the shorts order?

3) Is the camo ripstop Doyle in play now or is that pending a future cutting? Also, what was the weight on that again?

best!
Jeff

Hey Jeff, hope you're well!

1) Did you get a prepaid return envelope inside your replacement shipment? Usually I'll send one of those along and you can just drop the initial garment into that and put it into any USPS mailbox

2) Yes, I'm going to make that Doyle item and post it in a few minutes!

3) We can absolutely do the Camo custom Doyle. Weight on that is 7oz, so it's very much a 4-season cloth. It's a little bit thicker than the olive and field grey ripstop.

The bomber could be cool but I would be all in on a preorder for a trucker. I love the idea of one in the thick but soft sashiko you guys use, almost as an alternative to a zip up hoodie you can throw on whenever, without the break-in that typically comes with denim or duck truckers. And if you made it in grey/silver, I might faint. Th buttons you already use would be perfect, too, as they lend a different look over the standard shiny types truckers have.

I actually thought your old trucker pattern was pretty nice; the collar was unusual in a good way. But if you wanted to make something similar with a larger collar, thats cool too.

Thanks! If anyone on here hasn't seen it, then this was our jacket pattern..

Epaulet_Fall_Outerwear_272.jpg

Would you guys like to keep that rounded collar or make it a more standard pointed one?

Can't wait to get my navy doyle. My 3rd one in the past 6 months.

@Texasmade thank you! Just heard from the factory that all of the Navy Sashiko pieces are ready. So definitely expect them to start shipping out tomorrow.

I wonder if brown sashiko would ever come in stock again

I'm starting to run samples for a Fall preorder in mid-July. Figure that we can take orders then and ship right at the start of September. I definitely want to offer a brown tone... let me know any other colors that you guys would like to see. It would be the same setup as this Spring one... you can get the Doyle, Sinclair, and Rivet in either Natural Sashiko or one of 3 dyed colors.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still have that Trucker and love the fit and material on it. Depending on the fabric I would opt for a standard pointed collar.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Nylon/Cotton Mil-Spec fabrics for custom Jackets and Pants

Hey guys! As promised, I'd love to offer matching Doyles and Sinclairs in this 50/50 NYCO fabric. I built it out for custom Wilhelms and Rivets too. Here's the links...

MADE TO ORDER DOYLE & SINCLAIR JACKET IN PRINTS, STRIPES, RIPSTOP, CHAMBRAY

MADE TO ORDER RIVET & WILHELM CHINO IN PRINTS, STRIPES, RIPSTOP, CHAMBRAY

Couple things to note:

1) Scroll to the bottom to see the NYCO fabrics, there's five to choose from

2) I'll need to take these offline on Friday morning. I'm finalizing the fabric buy then, and we're putting the shorts into work. So please get your orders in today if you're interested.

3) These are all from the identical dye lot of the fabrics used for our shorts project. So they'll hook up perfectly if you want a shorts suit.

4) I'm getting a deal from the factory for making the shorts in bulk, that's how we can hit the $95 shorts price. The Rivets and Wilhelms are made individually, and that's why they're much more expensive at $165.

5) I'm doing our LA custom work in rounds. This should get a quicker turnaround and make things smoother at the factory. If you order anything from these two online items, it will go through with the Silk Matka round that we do next week. I'm looking at a mid-July delivery for it.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife and I bought our first home about two weeks ago, and were in the process of moving out of our (hopefully) last-ever rental over the last week. Sent these pics to Eva as I was brushing and boxing up some old EP purchases, and thought I'd share the images here.

IMG-5458.JPG

Carmina Saddle Shell Dubmonks. I remember seeing these on the thread while yet a wee lad and being absolutely taken by them. I think they were my first ever EP purchase, and Eva was kind enough to recognize the unbridled lust of a young man still in school and sell me a last pair at discount. Maybe summer 2011? Can't believe how well the shell has held up.

IMG-5459.JPG

Carmina grained Jumper Boot. Another legendary EP shape, I got these off the B/S (and I think even a 1/2 size too big, but had to have them). Tried, in my youth, to slightly burnish the toe to ill effect, but hey - they're mine. The leather on these, too, have held up remarkably well for 10-ish years of wear, and the commando sole shows no sign of deterioration.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads