• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
are the new summer shirt fabrics up on the website? really digging the capri beach stripe!

Duuuude it's so great! I'll have it them all up on Friday. Masks are en-route as we speak

@Epaulet First time customer thinking about ordering a Doyle. I thought I read something about 15% off?

Also, of the Yoshiwa Tobacco denim, the olive ripstop and the French Blue which would be the lightest / most breathable for summer wear? Or are they all about the same - 3 season weight?

Finally, if I can't make up my mind tonight and have to wait for the next round will these fabrics still be available?

Thanks!

Thanks for posting!

First time customers can get 10% off with code welcome10 as long as you sign up for the email newsletter.

The olive ripstop is far and away the lightest of those three. I can't recommend it enough. Figure its about the weight of an oxford shirt, but still very strong due to the ripstop weave. It's been our best-selling cloth in this round for a large margin.

Most of the fabrics will be available for future rounds, the only one that's really running short is Ultrafleck denim (which I'm gonna post about in a sec). But if you're sold on ripstop, I'd definitely encourage you to order that due to seasonality. Figure we'll be ready to ship this stuff in early June, which is going to be perfect ripstop season in most places. The Duck Canvas and all of the denims are effectively 4-season.

I won't do another round of these fabrics until this round is delivered, so a subsequent ripstop offering is going to have an August delivery, which means you miss out on most of the Summertime. I've run chinos in this cloth a few times before, and guys here can probably attest as to how great it is for the heat and humidity. This is officially the best ripstop that I've handled due to its soft finish as well.

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Ultrafleck Denim

We're selling a bunch of this which is great. I've had a few dudes order Ultrafleck suits, which is bonkers. Since I ran a preorder for this in the past, I actually have some great content for it below. It's running short, so we can probably do about 5-6 more garments in it.

You can order Ultrafleck here as a Doyle or Sinclair

You can order Ultrafleck here as a Rivet or Wilhelm

1) Here's a photo of it fully made up in the Doyle. Will be equally boss in the Sinclair

ultrafleck.jpg

2) I have a classic video of the cloth in our former Hermosa studio space. Comes complete with my OG name at the beginning and me sounding surprisingly gruff about things...

stevenkmason

Reaction score
@Epaulet i haven’t heard anything about my tobacco denim Doyle from the Doyle fitpic contest from last fall. If that’s not already in progress can I switch to one of these other fabrics? Or can I get an update on that?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
THANK YOU SO MUCH everyone, the amount of custom orders that came in last night was both wonderful and humbling. We're all really so grateful for your business!

I'm going to be writing up and summarizing these orders all day, so the items are still up if anyone missed the deadline and wants to get in. I'm sure it's going to be a few more hours until I can actually send the fabric order in. Can't wait to make all of these gorgeous pieces!

CaptainCrunchy

Reaction score
@Epaulet Do you know what's going on with gitman? the ends for friends promotion in December 2019. I got the gonzo handsketch jacquard shirt. I saw your message from last time I asked, but I'd prefer to know more concretely what's going on. The website says gitman is open but mainly shipping in-stock orders and there may be delays. At this point, it's going to be 6 months in about 1 week from now. Is it possible to get a refund or store credit? I'd rather just have my money back since I basically have no reference for when I will ever receive the shirt. Another practical concern is that I'm a graduate student and I'm changing my address soon.

nickpapagiorgio

Reaction score
Eva,

Do you happen to know the status of the earlier spring custom Doyles? (The ones that closed late Feb/early March)

Many thanks

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet Do you know what's going on with gitman? the ends for friends promotion in December 2019. I got the gonzo handsketch jacquard shirt. I saw your message from last time I asked, but I'd prefer to know more concretely what's going on. The website says gitman is open but mainly shipping in-stock orders and there may be delays. At this point, it's going to be 6 months in about 1 week from now. Is it possible to get a refund or store credit? I'd rather just have my money back since I basically have no reference for when I will ever receive the shirt. Another practical concern is that I'm a graduate student and I'm changing my address soon.

Hey Captain, just texted with the Gitman manager. The warehouse is open, but the actual factory itself is still shut down for all production outside of masks and gowns.

The shirts were 85% done, so once they reopen it should go through really quickly. Manufacturers in PA (Gitman) and MA (Southwick) are just waiting on government approval to resume operations. Individualized in New Jersey already got that. At the moment, they're planning to resume in mid-May, but there's no guarantees on that. There's kind of no guarantees on anything these days.

Shouldn't be long off. But check out the Individualized stuff going up today... I'll be happy to order one of those for you as a substitute. And the gonzo handsketch is going to get finished one way or another, so you can decide if you want that down the road.

And outside of that... I'm absolutely going to cook up a new project with Gitman brothers. I talked about it on Instagram live yesterday, but these factories are a literal godsend these days. People kind of stopped caring a few years ago, and all of them were struggling but hanging on. They've all made a ton of PPE equipment and filled an extremely urgent need. If they didn't exist, this stuff wouldn't get made, and a lot of front-line people in hospitals and essential jobs would have been unprotected. For a while, you couldn't buy PPE in mass from anywhere at any price abroad. I hate being late on these orders and giving out constantly vague schedules and half-promises, but they're going to come back. This stuff is going to be made. And I'm going to throw all of the ideas that I can into getting them more business and support than I ever have before.

Eva,

Do you happen to know the status of the earlier spring custom Doyles? (The ones that closed late Feb/early March)

Many thanks

Hey Nick, they *should* be finished. I'm waiting for the final word from our factory owner. In order to keep distance, I'm not going to any of the homes of our sewers and I'm just working with him. Typically I'll personally oversee everything, but in this case I'm just going to get a box of finished custom pieces. They all should be in there, but I can't really say that definitively until I get it. Which should be today or Monday.

That said, if there are any custom pieces which aren't in there, then they'll absolutely be finished soon. I expect all of our LA special order items to be done in the next couple of weeks.. with the Woolrich tweed shipping out this coming week and the Eternal Chestnut the week after that. The home sewing is a little slower than we initially planned, but it's happening. All the workers are safe and healthy. And we're planning to be back in the space after Memorial Day (5/25), although that's a bit dependent on the LA mayor. Even if that doesn't happen, stuff is all still getting made.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I could not be any happier to say this... I'm driving to go pick up all of our preordered Sinclairs and some new stock ones in about 30 minutes. Doyles are due in on Monday.

Our Individualized promo will launch tomorrow morning... I'm going to get back into our 7AM newsletter schedule. Here's a video of all the new stuff.

We've got good stock in most fabrics.. the limited ones are all the Linens and Turquoise Jewel madras. Linen is promo priced at $165.75, which is about the lowest price we've ever offered on it. Great chance to get some rad Summertime shirts!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads