• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

acularw

Reaction score
I recently bought a pair of the chromexcel penny loafers in 9.5D. Unfortunately, I don't think I have the feet for these as the length is OK but I get too much heel slippage (a problem I have had most of my life, I have to cinch laces on most shoes). These are brand new with no wear (just tried on indoors).

Since these sold out so fast, I thought I would check here to see if anyone is interested in buying these. I would like to be mostly reimbursed: $275 shipped within US. I will just return to Epaulet Saturday afternoon if I don't get any bites.

Please shoot me PMs as I don't want to clog up this post. Also, if there is a problem with me posting this here just let me know and I can delete it.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Yup, it will be a navy3-roll-2 jacket, with a 5/8 liner in a lightweight wool hopsack that's wrinkle-resistant and crazy soft. Fingers crossed that it's here within the next two weeks.

really cant wait for this. i need THE navy blazer for work!!!

Originally Posted by AHShadow
I went to Club Monaco later this afternoon and tried their chinos on...and the fit was really horrible!

After one year of thinking of getting a pair of Rivet Chinos, I finally purchased two Epaulet chinos and hoping the fit is 100 times better
biggrin.gif

Btw, you recommended me going with a 28, but I went with 29, since I saw that RKD went with that size too...hope I didn't do any wrong =/. I can still exchange it if ever it's too big right??

welcome to the chino party
smile.gif
... sf members get free returns/exchanges. yeah i tried 28 and settled with 29. my waist was fine in a 28 but the rest of the top block, such as my badonkadonk, was bulging out and i needed the option of tucking in a shirt if worn to work. so i went up to 29 and it has served me well. i take a 30 in slim walts mostly for tucking for work as well.

Originally Posted by acularw
I recently bought a pair of the chromexcel penny loafers in 9.5D. Unfortunately, I don't think I have the feet for these as the length is OK but I get too much heel slippage (a problem I have had most of my life, I have to cinch laces on most shoes). These are brand new with no wear (just tried on indoors).

wish this was 8.5!!!

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my walt trousers in charcoal. Really good fit. Can't imagine wearing my old trousers or going anywhere else going forward. Noticed that in the sunlight, they show up a bit brownish. Looking forward to copping another versatile pair of slacks down the line.

Also got the Ashland by Gitman OCBD in grey/blue vertical stripes. It's really nice. Going to rock it when I wear a suit. Note that the fit appears slightly bigger overall when I compare it to my other OCBDs from Gitman in the same size.

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is the waist on the Ashland compared to your other Gitman's? Larger as well? I was hoping that darts and lack of a box pleat would slim the body

Bryan_Funfetti

Reaction score
Yup, it will be a navy3-roll-2 jacket, with a 5/8 liner in a lightweight wool hopsack that's wrinkle-resistant and crazy soft. Fingers crossed that it's here within the next two weeks.

This sounds awesome!

Will there be a size to fit those of us who wear an XS Epaulet shirt?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by B Hamilton
censored.gif
Which store has a 33? I'll be by in the afternoon!

Awesome, we've got 33's at both stores, so whichever one's better for you.

I went to Club Monaco later this afternoon and tried their chinos on...and the fit was really horrible!

After one year of thinking of getting a pair of Rivet Chinos, I finally purchased two Epaulet chinos and hoping the fit is 100 times better
biggrin.gif

Btw, you recommended me going with a 28, but I went with 29, since I saw that RKD went with that size too...hope I didn't do any wrong =/. I can still exchange it if ever it's too big right??

Anyways, can't WAIT for the chinos
biggrin.gif

Finally, just wanted to thank Mike for helping me!

Thank you sir! You're going to love the chinos. And no problem if you need to return or exchange them.

Originally Posted by sonicreducer
i have a pair of the moss rivet chino's in a 34 i'd sell for $120 shipped. normally wouldn't do this, but i see there's a shortage and a demand for this size! worn for like, 5 minutes ... too big.

mike showed me some upcoming footwear projects and i was BLOWN away! big things continue to come from the epaulet crew.

Thank you! And let me know - I can exchange those chinos for you too - you don't have to sell them.

Originally Posted by acularw

Since these sold out so fast, I thought I would check here to see if anyone is interested in buying these. I would like to be mostly reimbursed: $275 shipped within US. I will just return to Epaulet Saturday afternoon if I don't get any bites.

Please shoot me PMs as I don't want to clog up this post. Also, if there is a problem with me posting this here just let me know and I can delete it.

No problem, and thanks for trying to deal direct with other members.

Y'all heard it here - a Penobscot Natural Chrome is available in 9.5D! This won't be back in regular stock until at least August. Good chance to grab one!

Originally Posted by Dbear
Got my walt trousers in charcoal. Really good fit. Can't imagine wearing my old trousers or going anywhere else going forward. Noticed that in the sunlight, they show up a bit brownish. Looking forward to copping another versatile pair of slacks down the line.

Also got the Ashland by Gitman OCBD in grey/blue vertical stripes. It's really nice. Going to rock it when I wear a suit. Note that the fit appears slightly bigger overall when I compare it to my other OCBDs from Gitman in the same size.

Originally Posted by Bryan_Funfetti
This sounds awesome!

Will there be a size to fit those of us who wear an XS Epaulet shirt?

Yup, the Sportcoats will be made down to size 34.

sonicreducer

Reaction score
Thank you! And let me know - I can exchange those chinos for you too - you don't have to sell them.

I'm going to do this. Love, love, love the chinos.

And can I just say how rad it is that Mike takes time out of his day to answer all these questions, take pictures, measurements, etc? The ultimate in customer service right here.

I'll stop in tomorrow!

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dbear

The ad copy said to size down from your epaulet size, so for me that meant a large epaulet to a medium Ashland. A Gitman medium is just a little too small for me in the shoulders and chest so if your scoring at home this all makes sense.

thebunk

Reaction score
Mike - Can you clarify the SF member return\\exchange program? I thought it was returns was for payment back and not just a simple return or store credit though a few folks have referenced "free returns\\exchanges" and would like to clarify if this actually means return shipping or not. If it is return shipping, is it domestic only or does it include Canada as well. If it does, what is the process to return?

Thanks,
Jamie

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 1969
The ad copy said to size down from your epaulet size, so for me that meant a large epaulet to a medium Ashland. A Gitman medium is just a little too small for me in the shoulders and chest so if your scoring at home this all makes sense.

Yes, I'm a large in Epaulet and medium in Gitman and took a medium for the Ashland. Even though Context & Epaulet will label their respective brands as a 18.5 S2S for the medium, when compared side to side and on top of each other, it was clear that the Ashland was slightly bigger than the Gitman in the shoulders. Not enough to go up or down a size, but enough to notice.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thebunk
Mike - Can you clarify the SF member return\\exchange program? I thought it was returns was for payment back and not just a simple return or store credit though a few folks have referenced "free returns\\exchanges" and would like to clarify if this actually means return shipping or not. If it is return shipping, is it domestic only or does it include Canada as well. If it does, what is the process to return? Thanks, Jamie
Jamie, While your question is presented in a very polite and respectful manner, I kind of think it's bad form to expect return shipping costs be reimbursable. I don't know of any business that would do this. Also, with Epaulet, their exists a wealth of information related to size and fit, photos are available of all articles and SF is a great resource for information. If you have something that doesn't work for you, I (politely and respectfully) suggest you send it back for refund or exchange, your choice with Epaulet. The return costs are yours.

AHShadow

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
really cant wait for this. i need THE navy blazer for work!!!

welcome to the chino party
smile.gif
... sf members get free returns/exchanges. yeah i tried 28 and settled with 29. my waist was fine in a 28 but the rest of the top block, such as my badonkadonk, was bulging out and i needed the option of tucking in a shirt if worn to work. so i went up to 29 and it has served me well. i take a 30 in slim walts mostly for tucking for work as well.

Haha! Thanks man, appreciate the warm love (N/H).

Thank you sir! You're going to love the chinos. And no problem if you need to return or exchange them.

Yup, the Sportcoats will be made down to size 34.

I'm pretty sure I will, so hopefully no returns/exchanges will be made!

I'm really happy that the sportcoats are going to be made down to size 34! Is the cut more conventional or more cropped?? I've been looking for a blazer for a while now, and would be pretty happy if I could get THE perfect one soon! What other colors are you making btw??

Thanks!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonicreducer
I'm going to do this. Love, love, love the chinos.

And can I just say how rad it is that Mike takes time out of his day to answer all these questions, take pictures, measurements, etc? The ultimate in customer service right here.

I'll stop in tomorrow!

No, no - you da man!
thumbs-up.gif

Originally Posted by thebunk
Mike - Can you clarify the SF member return\\exchange program? I thought it was returns was for payment back and not just a simple return or store credit though a few folks have referenced "free returns\\exchanges" and would like to clarify if this actually means return shipping or not. If it is return shipping, is it domestic only or does it include Canada as well. If it does, what is the process to return?

Thanks,
Jamie

Sure thing. We offer SF members a 14-day return policy, where you can send new, resaleable merchandise back to us for (1) a full refund or (2) a store credit. The 14 days starts after you receive the product, so you've got a full two weeks to decide.

We don't cover the shipping costs of the return. That's the customer's responsibility, along with any insurance or tracking that they may choose to purchase for the return shipment.

When items are returned for a refund from outside the United States, we process a refund for the item itself. The initial shipping charge for the item is not refunded.

We're privileged to have a lot of great international customers. I know that the return process is more costly if you're outside of the States, so we're always happy to work with you personally and determine the best possible size on any given item. We can't get it right every time, but we certainly try our hardest to help our customers find their correct size on the first shot.

I'm really happy that the sportcoats are going to be made down to size 34! Is the cut more conventional or more cropped?? I've been looking for a blazer for a while now, and would be pretty happy if I could get THE perfect one soon! What other colors are you making btw??

Thanks!

The cut's cropped, but not to a crazy degree. Not Thom Browne or Band of Outsiders cropped. Just bringing it back to where sportcoats used to be. The first run will be just Navy Hopsack and Mid Grey Super 120s'

But just you wait for Fall. Good lord.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads