• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by justtemple
^that's why I like it so much. That S&H shirt was one of the things that I came around too late on. So I feel like this is my reprieve.

In a better fit of course
smile.gif

+1 on better fit. epualet has become my only choice for shirting cuz the fit is just spot on

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
I'm liking that exploded flannel swatch the more I look at it. It reminds me of this shirt.

Not surprised Mike is making this shirt at all, he stated that S&H shirt was a humongous seller for him but he didn't like inconsistencies in S&H's sizing.

I WANT to believe I'm set with flannels but Mike keeps putting out amazing shirts...

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know, I always think I'm getting close to finishing up on my 'must buys" for the season but then this came around. It's funny, because I thought I would never find a flannel that I like as much as the purple gingham. Now with the exploded flannel, there's one that I may wind up liking even more.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting comparison with the Shipley Tiber shirts. I was torn between the EpauletxSF red flannel and the S&H Bogota red/black farmer plaid that Tobi had.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
Interesting comparison with the Shipley Tiber shirts. I was torn between the EpauletxSF red flannel and the S&H Bogota red/black farmer plaid that Tobi had.
My gf loved that S&H farmer plaid, but I decided to hold off. Good choice, ultimately--Mike's swatches are solid. Love the olive tartan, personally, and the exploded check is a colorful alternative to FW greys and blacks.

PartagasIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just purchased the brown gingham flannel after wearing the red one around for a day. I have no willpower.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cr1234
I was disappointed that I missed my chance at a red flannel, but I think the oxblood cord will hold the tears back.

I can't wait for the Oxblood cord. Pair that up with a grey shawl-neck sweater. Whaaaat???

Originally Posted by APK
I'm liking that exploded flannel swatch the more I look at it. It reminds me of this shirt.

You nailed it. The Tiber shirt was one of our fastest selling items this past Spring. When I saw this check in the swatch book, I immediately thought of it. It will have a similar look, but the fabric will be the same Pima flannel as the collab shirts. I think it's going to come out great.

Originally Posted by breakz
My gf loved that S&H farmer plaid, but I decided to hold off. Good choice, ultimately--Mike's swatches are solid. Love the olive tartan, personally, and the exploded check is a colorful alternative to FW greys and blacks.

That S&H shirt was a hit with the ladies We had six of them and three sold to women. My fiancee took one. If you have one of them, and you're going on a date, wear it for god's sake! It's better than "Sex Panther."

Originally Posted by PartagasIV
Just purchased the brown gingham flannel after wearing the red one around for a day. I have no willpower.

Thanks James! Shipped that out this morning.

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
It's better than "Sex Panther."
But 60% of the time it works EVERYTIME. That's a lofty claim on your end sir.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by justtemple
But 60% of the time it works EVERYTIME. That's a lofty claim on your end sir.

We're assuming it works >=61% of the time...I dunno yo...

No srsly my gf saw the S&H neon Tiber shirt and she also drooled over it.

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
No srsly my gf saw the S&H neon Tiber shirt and she also drooled over it.

i don't doubt it, twas a hot shirt. i have a lot of excitement for this one as well, it was love at first sight.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm sold if the flannel is going to feel like the SF collab variant. The pattern and colors will be great for breaking up the monotony my clothes tend to breed by time we get well into winter.

Keep breaking out shirts like this and my landlord is going to unknowingly hate Mike by the start of the new year.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Must not sleep on SF's quickest rising affiliate.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mike, can you tell me a bit about the pair of Nau coats you currently have in stock? How's the sizing? How comparable are they for winter use?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads