1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Nik Telford

Nik Telford Senior member

38 or 40 should be fine, but if a 40 is slightly too big it will look perfectly fine. Mike said that the only returns they ever got are for it being too small, never too big. Fabrics aren't live yet, not sure if they will go live the day of or if Mike will post before hand.

Edit: I doubt you would need added length on a medium, no idea for a small though. Someone else can chime in on that.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  2. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Pretty sure he said people have returned both too small or too big. But always for dealing sizes and not returns. I know I bought one size too big

3. FLW

FLW Senior member

My .02:

I'm about a 39 in EP sportcoats and the 38 cardi fits me really well. My arms are by no means long (33" dress shirt measurement) and the heirloom's arms are almost too small on me. The body length is good, but also borders on too short (I'm 5'10ish). I am thinking of taking an extra inch for the preorder.

4. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Senior member

I would go 40 b/c this is a chunky sweater and, IMHO, you don't want a skin tight fit in that type of design. You're probably going to be layering it too. Regarding length, I would stick w/ the standard. I'm 5'9" and it's fine but could actually stand to be an inch shorter so I think the reg length will be perfect for you

5. brp2

brp2 Senior member

Pretty cool, although I'm not sure I'd want the guy tattooing me to be shouting "I'm not perfect, I'm just Civ":
    [​IMG]
    (kidding, of course)

6. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

@Epaulet

I know you got a ton going on...any chance of a shorts MTO program? Would love to get some orders in time to enjoy the upcoming season

7. thecool85

thecool85 Senior member

I think I remember Mike saying the MTO trousers could be cut as shorts, but that the cost would be very similar to the trouser cost because the amount of fabric used isn't that much less.

8. jvillal

jvillal Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Loving the henleys! Perfect fit and the pistachio is such a good color for my skin tone :)

1 person likes this.
  9. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Carmina x Epaulet Cognac Shell Boots. Epaulet Rivet Chinos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Mike

4 people like this.
  10. z8k1n

z8k1n Senior member

MDUBS crushing it as always.

11. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

The only limitation will be on certain colors. We can probably make as many navy, charcoal, and black units that we need. The more rare colors - like that brick and ecru nep - will only be limited by the amount of yarn we can obtain in time.

The sweaters will also have to be made on a first-come, first-served basis, as each one is done by hand. So the earlier you order, the earlier that you'll get it.

But yeah, don't stress too much - we'll be able to accommodate everyone. We're going to stock them in the Fall as well.

Thanks for reposting that shot! We should have that sample in hand soon.

12. tricky

tricky Senior member

Save me some rare colours guys...I'll be away for a week when the pre-order launches!

13. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Senior member

You going somewhere off the grid?

14. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Thanks for the help, dudes. So still torn between 38 and 40. I would appreciate it if someone who owns 38 and/or 40 can actually post up specs ie sleeve length, pit to pit, etc so I can think about the sizing more.

Can't wait to see what rare fabrics will be offered!

15. tricky

tricky Senior member

Sounds more impressive that way but I'll be chasing my kids around an all-inclusive resort for a week.

16. tricky

tricky Senior member

You're a 38 for sure. You may just opt for an extra inch depending on height. I'm 6-6'1" and I need an extra inch on sleeves and an extra inch (or two) on the body.

17. Mghart

Mghart Senior member

I really can't wait to see what fabrics show up, and hopefully I'll be quick enough haha.

18. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

I don't have the measurements right now, but I took a size 40 on the Heirloom and thought the fit was fine. If I pre-order one of these Heirlooms, I'd go with 40 again. For reference I'm 5'9", 155 lbs and take EPNY shirts in size L, Keystone/Ashland shirts in M(slightly better fit than EPNY L), Walts in size 33 (hemmed to 31 length), EP x Southwick sport coats in size 40.

19. bradp

bradp Senior member

does anyone remember what mike said (if anything, I think this was discussed a while back) about stock sportcoats in the near future?

20. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

I don't think sizing up for the heirloom if you are in between shirt sizes is necessary, but I can't imagine it changing the look for the worse. Just a slouchier fit.

I'm 5'-8", 140lbs and go between a small and medium EP shirt (depending on fabric and occasional shrinkage). I got a 36 in the heirloom and the fit is fine through the chest. It's a really loose weave so there is plenty of stretch. If I decide to preorder another I will absolutely be adding an extra inch to the length, however. Right now it fits fine but like Tricky mentioned previously, I tend to be pulling it down a lot throughout the day. Another inch will be perfect.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015