• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TO Tie Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Alden Preorders
Hey guys,

Most of you discovered this already, but we just set up a new Alden preorder system. As you may know, doing these was really problematic for us in the past. We took a batch of preorders a few years (!) ago for new Ravello and Cigar shell cordovan styles, and I'm still waiting on them to be delivered. I had swore off doing these altogether, but our core makeup business of existing Epaulet styles has been coming through at a very regular pace. I get about a dozen emails every month asking for special order sizes in things like the Alt Wien and Innsbruck Indy, so I hashed out a new system.

With this, we're asking for a $150 deposit. We're going to keep the preorders open for about 10 days - or until 24 units of each is sold. I'm going to reorder these styles anyway, so there's no minimum quantity that we have to sell. If 5 people preorder the style, then I'll order 19 pair for stock. If all of them go to preorders, then our entire run will be spoken for. Everything here is going to be made. And since these styles exist already, and nothing is being ordered in a leather that's difficult to source, we should be pretty good with the delivery date.

Alden x Epaulet July 2014 Preorder Deposit: $150

Do you expect deliver of these pairs at the same time? I think I'm going to bite the bullet and get the navy tankers as well as the alt wein's. However I have 3-4 other preorders coming in over the next year. I'd like to spread them out a little.

Any idea?

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love that the tankers have the hand sewn apron. Nice touch.

Not sure how much use I can get out of a navy tanker, but happy to see it in this config.

brp2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Cherry Rivets are total eye-catchers. Over the course of one day I had two different unrelated women, at different times, stop their cars so they could tell me how awesome my trousers are. It was all totally unexpected and amusing.

This makes me feel terrible for not pulling the trigger on the Plum Rivets, as I bet the more subdued (but still very rich) color would've garnered similar, but quieter, appreciation.

Last edited:

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TGIF!

Tickling stripe Walts today, it was insane deal at the time:

Last edited:

macjedi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone remember the latest ETA on the special chambray Doyle?

Here's the latest… posted about two weeks ago.

So, I've got a quick update on this. I mentioned before that we've been working through all of the patterns to accommodate the extended size range that we offered. My factory was a little too optimistic about how quickly this would happen.

They're still finalizing the patterns, so I broke the production into two groups. We'll get the stock sizes (36-38-40-42) in about 7-10 days, and the remainder will take about another week. We'll still make the July delivery, but it's a bit later than we anticipated. The guys at the cutting house were raving about the fabric, so it should be worth the wait!

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TGIF!

Tickling stripe Walts today, it was insane deal at the time:

SHARP!

Which shoes?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads