• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look great. Just as an FYI I taper all of my Rivets from the knee down.

I will probably do the same as by the time I raise the hem up about 4 inches the 7.75 tagged opening will likely turn into an 8.

Seems like a tapering job would be a little more more with the reinforced taping along the outseam. I could normally taper/hem them myself but might take these to the pros.

@Burzan : have you consider the Driggs for a narrower leg opening OTR?

I will check them out again but I think the main reason the Rivet works so well is the thigh room in my size compared to the Driggs

Edit: Looks like only .25" smaller in the thigh, could work. I do like the selection of fabrics in the Rivet line better. (with the exception of the canvas grape, that is awesome)

Last edited:

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of the Driggs vs Rivets: I tried the button fly from the Driggs/Walt/Rudy factory on my Slate Garment Dye Driggs MTO. Interesting result! The factory sews a line of stitching between each button, making it take a bit longer to button up, but I like the change from my Walts and Walt Shorts. A button fly is perfect for the lower Rivet Chino rise, but in future I'll stick with the zipper for the slightly higher trouser rise.

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, I just need to give everyone a truly realistic time frame. 18 months is probably much longer than it will take, but I'd rather over-deliver for this round. We've had issues with Alden preorders in the past, so we're taking smaller deposits and putting out the worst-case scenario for turnaround. I think that this system will work much better, and the fact that all of these are existing styles will move things along faster than the typical group buy.

These styles are going to get ordered anyway, so if you're a stock size for us (7.5D through 11.5D), then you don't necessarily need to preorder to get a unit when they arrive. But we can only do 24 units at a time, so the more preorders that we take, the less will be available for open sale.
It's hard to say, although the Navy PTB's and the Innsbruck Indy's are likely to be the quickest. The Alt Wiens will be subject to Color #8 availability, but that's the easiest of the shell colors to come across. And getting the leather for the Tankers is quick, but the apron on that his handsewn, so they require a little more time to finish.

Any chance I can still get in on the #8 Alt Wien in a 12B on this run or is it totally sold out already?

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boots arrived...love them. A lot of discoloration on the hatch grain which I actually like for the rugged boot look.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are spiffy

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Whoa, wait a sec. Are those the Anderson jumpers? Why do yours look fantastic but the pics on Epaulet's site just look, well, meh? (sorry guys!) Did you fiddle with the pic colors or anything or would you say your pics are true to life? It's like yours has burnishing but the Epaulet's don't. I know you said there's "discoloration" (I think it makes them handsome too) but maybe somebody just gave them a good coat of some darker wax to add some character or something? I'm wondering outloud only because if they really look like yours, I'm in for a pair. Quick comparison:
Boots arrived...love them. A lot of discoloration on the hatch grain which I actually like for the rugged boot look.
Epaulet's pic:

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree those boots look great. It hurts a bit because I'm 99% sure those were my MTOs that I didn't follow through on due to the kind of one-dimensional orangish color.

Oh well.

Edit: FWIW, after initially seeing the color of the first batch I asked Mike if there was anyway for Carmina to burnish them darker. Perhaps this accounts for the change?

Edit #2: After reviewing another thread, I'm glad I said "99%" - it appears that isn't my declined pair after all. (Mine was a punched cap toe.)

Last edited:

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoa, wait a sec. Are those the Anderson jumpers? Why do yours look fantastic but the pics on Epaulet's site just look, well, meh? (sorry guys!) Did you fiddle with the pic colors or anything or would you say your pics are true to life?

It's like yours has burnishing but the Epaulet's don't. I know you said there's "discoloration" (I think it makes them handsome too) but maybe somebody just gave them a good coat of some darker wax to add some character or something?

I'm wondering outloud only because if they really look like yours, I'm in for a pair.

Quick comparison:
I agree those boots look great. It hurts a bit because I'm 99% sure those were my MTOs that I didn't follow through on due to the kind of one-dimensional orangish color.

Oh well.

Edit: FWIW, after initially seeing the color of the first batch I asked Mike if there was anyway for Carmina to burnish them darker. Perhaps this accounts for the change?

Edit #2: After reviewing another thread, I'm glad I said "99%" - it appears that isn't my declined pair after all. (Mine was a punched cap toe.)

Hopefully @stmaier doesn't mind me reposting his comments over here, but it will help clear things up.

They were part of a GMTO that Carmina made incorrectly. It was supposed to be a jumper in the dark brown grain and they made these instead. Mike was awesome and gave us the option to buy at a steep discount or get a refund of the deposit. I had a pair of hatch grain jumpers from a previous Epaulet GMTO run.

stmaier

Reaction score

Hopefully @stmaier
 doesn't mind me reposting his comments over here, but it will help clear things up.  

They were part of a GMTO that Carmina made incorrectly. It was supposed to be a jumper in the dark brown grain and they made these instead. Mike was awesome and gave us the option to buy at a steep discount or get a refund of the deposit. I had a pair of hatch grain jumpers from a previous Epaulet GMTO run.
The pic on the website looks like it is from the first hatch grain GMTO batch from last year. They did not have nearly the burnishing this batch did. I would have kept my pair but I already had a pair from the previous batch.

As mentioned, the GMTO was supposed to be a dark brown scotch grain:

But a mix up at the factory led to a burnished hatch grain. The burnishing looks great.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hopefully @stmaier
 doesn't mind me reposting his comments over here, but it will help clear things up.  

Ahh, OK - thanks for the info. Geez, an MTO goes wrong and births those gems at a steep discount? Wow.

All kidding aside, if there's an unloved pair of those in US10.5 in Epaulet's back room, I'd be very interested! If nothing else, given the fawning here, maybe the next Epaulet MTo should target this makeup intentionally.

Last edited:

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd love to see that burgundy "Frankenstitch" boot. Or a suede or navy calf austerity brogue. The new Carmina Tankers and NST shoes also look impressive.

nd1nd2nd3

Reaction score
Question on kamigata sizing. Site says it is sized to fit over a woven shirt; has anyone sized down from their usual Epaulet shirt size for a trim fit?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics