• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benjamin831
Got my first Gitman Vintage shirt today. The quality is really there; thick sturdy material, neat stitching, and good quality chalk buttons. The fit is good but the buttom flares out like hell. I really like the shirt but I'm not too sure how I should go about fixing it. I don't want to taper it because my tailor wouldn't be able to replicate the chainstitching on the side seams.
What do you mean by button flaring?

Vaitek

Reaction score
bd67e41d.jpg
xpost from the Alden thread. I got these from Epaulet and am very happy with them.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

ubc121

Reaction score
Damn that black tartan flannel is noice. Would I be a small or xsmall if my shoulders are 17 and chest is 36?

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Got my double-faced Olive Tartan and I have to say it is one of the best shirts I have ever bought.

For the price, too, it can't be beat. So excited about ordering more from Epaulet.

I was all about Gitman Vintage and Band of Outsiders button downs/oxfords, but I think Epaulet has them beat in cut, price, and style.

I'll still buy the occasional Gitman and BoO, i'm sure, but I'm looking forward to stocking up on Epaulet.

For reference: I wear BoO Medium, Gitman Small, and Epaulet Small.

BoO medium fits me perfectly in cut except that the arms end up a bit wide at the cuff (nothing a tailor can't remedy, but just mentioning). Gitman Vintage fits me perfectly but is a little tight in the neck. Epaulet in the same size as Gitman actually fits me perfectly throughout, no need for a tailor. Love it.

The hand on these double-faced shirts is incredible.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ubc121
Damn that black tartan flannel is noice. Would I be a small or xsmall if my shoulders are 17 and chest is 36?

I think that a Small will be right on for you. It's a very true 36R.

Originally Posted by MSSneaker
Got my double-faced Olive Tartan and I have to say it is one of the best shirts I have ever bought.

For the price, too, it can't be beat. So excited about ordering more from Epaulet.

I was all about Gitman Vintage and Band of Outsiders button downs/oxfords, but I think Epaulet has them beat in cut, price, and style.

I'll still buy the occasional Gitman and BoO, i'm sure, but I'm looking forward to stocking up on Epaulet.

For reference: I wear BoO Medium, Gitman Small, and Epaulet Small.

BoO medium fits me perfectly in cut except that the arms end up a bit wide at the cuff (nothing a tailor can't remedy, but just mentioning). Gitman Vintage fits me perfectly but is a little tight in the neck. Epaulet in the same size as Gitman actually fits me perfectly throughout, no need for a tailor. Love it.

The hand on these double-faced shirts is incredible.

Thanks so much - really glad that you're so pleased with it!

delakingois

Reaction score
Originally Posted by delakingois
So, regarding pant size... At my belly button I'm just over 27 inches around, and at the hips it's a little less than 33.

Can someone who owns a pair offer advice?

Please?

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MSSneaker
Got my double-faced Olive Tartan and I have to say it is one of the best shirts I have ever bought. For the price, too, it can't be beat. So excited about ordering more from Epaulet. I was all about Gitman Vintage and Band of Outsiders button downs/oxfords, but I think Epaulet has them beat in cut, price, and style. I'll still buy the occasional Gitman and BoO, i'm sure, but I'm looking forward to stocking up on Epaulet. For reference: I wear BoO Medium, Gitman Small, and Epaulet Small. BoO medium fits me perfectly in cut except that the arms end up a bit wide at the cuff (nothing a tailor can't remedy, but just mentioning). Gitman Vintage fits me perfectly but is a little tight in the neck. Epaulet in the same size as Gitman actually fits me perfectly throughout, no need for a tailor. Love it. The hand on these double-faced shirts is incredible.
What are the buttons like on that shirt? Also, is it darted?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads