• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

skeptic

Reaction score
Nooooo! Someone snatched the steel loden tweed as I was checking out.
angry.gif
Picked up the birds-eye and twill instead.

Must resist the siren call of the rest...

delakingois

Reaction score
So, regarding pant size... At my belly button I'm just over 27 inches around, and at the hips it's a little less than 33.

Can someone who owns a pair offer advice?

SeventyFive

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drbaw
WTF? Where did the size 28 birdseye go???
ffffuuuu.gif

Looks like almost all the 28s are gone for the new trousers. Glad I was able to grab a pair of the Steel Loden.

samsterdam

Reaction score
After initially gushing over the birdseye and houndstooth, I ended up pulling the trigger on the steel-loden. Bet I end up nabbing at least one of the other two anyway.
laugh.gif

drbaw

Reaction score
Mike: Stop making so many pairs of pants for fat people. Us anorexics need stylish trousers too.
boxing[1].gif

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I should probably remove SF from my bookmarks if I'm ever going to successfully save money to move out East. You're killing me, Mike! Don't hurt 'em, Hammer!

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
now that I snagged my XS, I'll mention that it appears that the Black Tartan Flannel shirt is now online and it looks fantastic.

enigma77

Reaction score
The new shirts are great. I stopped into the Brooklyn store the other night and they are legion.

Didn't buy any though -- I was in for the Ravello boots, and they are amazing. So glad I picked up a pair.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drbaw
WTF? Where did the size 28 birdseye go???
ffffuuuu.gif

My bad, our stock on 28's for this delivery was really tight. But we've always got more coming down the road.

Originally Posted by samsterdam
After initially gushing over the birdseye and houndstooth, I ended up pulling the trigger on the steel-loden. Bet I end up nabbing at least one of the other two anyway.
laugh.gif

Thank you sir!

Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
now that I snagged my XS, I'll mention that it appears that the Black Tartan Flannel shirt is now online and it looks fantastic.

Oh man, I knew that was going to be your style. I see some flannel-flossing on Abbot Kinney in your future!

Originally Posted by enigma77
The new shirts are great. I stopped into the Brooklyn store the other night and they are legion.

Didn't buy any though -- I was in for the Ravello boots, and they are amazing. So glad I picked up a pair.

Thanks man, always a pleasure to see you!

Originally Posted by edubs01
Just grabbed the Steel Lodens

Cheers brah. Enjoy them!

user7

Reaction score
I assume you have the new Walt's to check out in the new LES store, and not just bk?

Originally Posted by Epaulet
My bad, our stock on 28's for this delivery was really tight. But we've always got more coming down the road.

Thank you sir!

Oh man, I knew that was going to be your style. I see some flannel-flossing on Abbot Kinney in your future!

Thanks man, always a pleasure to see you!

Cheers brah. Enjoy them!

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my first Gitman Vintage shirt today. The quality is really there; thick sturdy material, neat stitching, and good quality chalk buttons.

The fit is good but the bottom flares out like hell. I really like the shirt but I'm not too sure how I should go about fixing it. I don't want to taper it because my tailor wouldn't be able to replicate the chainstitching on the side seams.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads