Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. samsterdam

samsterdam Senior member

Got you back, sorry for the delay on that. We'll get your chinos sorted. [​IMG]
    Hmmm. I don't have anything in my inbox... maybe our email services aren't playing nice. Maybe try PM? On another note, I was surprised to see my Steel-Lodens already on my doorstep last night. Just gorgeous. So glad I learned from my previous mistakes and didn't hesitate to buy these. Even my gf (who is difficult to impress) was like "Damn, those are nice."

2. eightdouble

eightdouble Senior member

for anyone who has epaulet rivet chinos (or epaulet themselves)

i have multiple pairs and i love them to death.

my only question is: those white plastic spacer/washer things behind the buttons on the fly have all split open and are coming apart. are these pieces integral to the buttons not coming through the pant fabric or anything? i got a little concerned with my first pair when this happened, but they have seemed ok. i just wanted to make sure this was something that while not normal, wouldn't detrimentally affect the pants. thanks.

3. mbrokerny

mbrokerny Senior member

for anyone who has epaulet rivet chinos (or epaulet themselves)

i have multiple pairs and i love them to death.

my only question is: those white plastic spacer/washer things behind the buttons on the fly have all split open and are coming apart. are these pieces integral to the buttons not coming through the pant fabric or anything? i got a little concerned with my first pair when this happened, but they have seemed ok. i just wanted to make sure this was something that while not normal, wouldn't detrimentally affect the pants. thanks.

I pulled the plastic things off because some were cracked and were digging into me

4. Blog Marley

Blog Marley Senior member

I wasn't sure what the deal with those things are ^ my gunmetal ones have them but my OD ones don't.

5. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

I'm wearing my pair of Navy Rivet Chinos right now and I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

6. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

I'm wearing my pair of Navy Rivet Chinos right now and I have no idea what you guys are talking about.
    Ditto.

7. eightdouble

eightdouble Senior member

i think the older iterations of this pant didn't have these plastic spacers behind the buttons.

8. colins

colins Senior member

I also assumed that they were washers to help support the buttons from potentially ripping through the fabric.

9. cjblack28

cjblack28 Well-Known Member

Received my navy rivet chinos recently, my first Epaulet purchase, and they're awesome. I see lots of Epaulet in my future.

10. ennui

ennui Senior member

11. drbaw

drbaw Well-Known Member

I pulled the plastic things off because some were cracked and were digging into me

I also pulled 'em off - more comfortable that way.

These are the first pair of chinos that I've owned that don't sit at the bottom of my dresser - kudos to Epaulet for rescuing an article of clothing that I'd written-off.

12. geoffmartin17

geoffmartin17 Senior member

Congrats on the manhattan store, you guys must really be killing it.

Good to see.

13. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Hmmm. I don't have anything in my inbox... maybe our email services aren't playing nice. Maybe try PM? On another note, I was surprised to see my Steel-Lodens already on my doorstep last night. Just gorgeous. So glad I learned from my previous mistakes and didn't hesitate to buy these. Even my gf (who is difficult to impress) was like "Damn, those are nice."
    Just PM'd ya! And really glad to hear that you're so pleased with the trousers!
    for anyone who has epaulet rivet chinos (or epaulet themselves) i have multiple pairs and i love them to death. my only question is: those white plastic spacer/washer things behind the buttons on the fly have all split open and are coming apart. are these pieces integral to the buttons not coming through the pant fabric or anything? i got a little concerned with my first pair when this happened, but they have seemed ok. i just wanted to make sure this was something that while not normal, wouldn't detrimentally affect the pants. thanks.
    i think the older iterations of this pant didn't have these plastic spacers behind the buttons.
    Yes, the plastic washers were something that we added in recently. Our first run of chinos had a small, but annoying defect rate with the rivets popping. It was really minor, but I know that it's a pain in the ass to get it fixed if you don't live near a tailor with a rivet machine. So we searched for a solution to ensure that the rivets are properly done. The plastic washers are guides for our operators. If they're securely there, or they're split, then the rivets received enough pressure to stay together. If the Rivets don't receive enough pressure, then the plastic washers cause them to fall out immediately. So, no worries if you have a cracked washer. You can safely remove it, and it won't impact the garment at all.
    Received my navy rivet chinos recently, my first Epaulet purchase, and they're awesome. I see lots of Epaulet in my future.
    I also pulled 'em off - more comfortable that way. These are the first pair of chinos that I've owned that don't sit at the bottom of my dresser - kudos to Epaulet for rescuing an article of clothing that I'd written-off.
    Thanks guys!
    Congrats on the manhattan store, you guys must really be killing it. Good to see.
    Thanks Geoff, the Manhattan store has been great so far. I still owe everyone a proper post and inside photos of it. It's a beautiful space, and we enjoy hollering at Self Edge NY all day - who are right across the street.

14. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Mike, I just got your email with the newest releases. I've been waiting for those wide-wale cords, but the moleskins are calling to me like a sweet siren song. Wish you did your trousers in a 31, but they're so tailorable that it's ultimately unnecessary.

- Keith

15. cicero79

cicero79 Senior member

Hey Mike, shot over an email asking about the EP Staple pants, hope you can save a pair for me to buy online in grey/purple!