• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

oisin

Reaction score
Single digits plus wind chill in Philly area today. Snorkel parka plus layers (long underwear, cashmere sweater) did a good job of keeping me warm on my walk to the pub. Here are some older green Epaulet flannel trousers, a slightly cropped Epaulet DB hopsack blazer, an Epaulet pheasant tie, and a pair of Epaulet Carmina chukkas, drinking a good pint of real ale.

I'm also going to make a not so subtle reminder about the holiday photo contest :D

Last edited:

Louys

Reaction score
I also fit a TS 36 well, try a small. You will have to shorten the sleeves, but that's easy, the collar might be too big but they're changing that so wait for the new model's or buy something you can return first if you've got your eyes on the sale section.

nathanl

Reaction score
I also fit a TS 36 well, try a small. You will have to shorten the sleeves, but that's easy, the collar might be too big but they're changing that so wait for the new model's or buy something you can return first if you've got your eyes on the sale section.
Thanks! How do you find they compare in the shoulders/chest/torso?

zinc2162

Reaction score
Still trying to figure out my size on an Epaulet shirt. I'm between a small and medium in GV and size 38 Taylor Stitch and normally wear a Large in BoO. Think i may be slightly smaller for most of those fittings (stopped weights 6 mths back). I think that TS at 38 would be the best guage - anyone familiar with that size? Also a medium in WvG BD. My feeling is that i'm a small but wonder if anyone has the same sizing as me. thanks!

Prob medium

You are almost definitely a medium. I wear 38 in TS and L in BoO, and M fits me best for Epaulet.

I think you are medium.
Single digits plus wind chill in Philly area today. Snorkel parka plus layers (long underwear, cashmere sweater) did a good job of keeping me warm on my walk to the pub. Here are some older green Epaulet flannel trousers, a slightly cropped Epaulet DB hopsack blazer, an Epaulet pheasant tie, and a pair of Epaulet Carmina chukkas, drinking a good pint of real ale.

I'm also going to make a not so subtle reminder about the holiday photo contest
biggrin.gif

Green flannel? I wonder if they are the same as the Dark Forest flannel on the special order page. This outfit looks very good by the way.

oisin

Reaction score

Green flannel? I wonder if they are the same as the Dark Forest flannel on the special order page. This outfit looks very good by the way.

Thanks. I am pretty sure it's a different fabric, and honestly, from the swatch, the dark forest flannel looks cooler than these. Still a good pair of trousers though.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oisin is this thread's official traveler now. In LA one day, hunting the next, and drinking beer in Philly the following!

I really like the cropped blazer.

Simplicio

Reaction score
I just wanted to join the chorus of excitement about the Gitman shirts. For what it is worth, making the collars slightly smaller is perfect for me. I have been sending my shirts through the dryer to get them down to size. The result has usually been good, but different fabrics have given me different results. It will probably be easier to have the size close to perfect to start with.

This pastel summer plaid is just the kind of thing I go for. As I buy it, I start wondering whether it is too loud, whether it is really what I need, etc. But I buy it.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^I think that will make a great looking shirt. It's bright enough that when you pair it with lighter colored summer trousers, the overall look won't be too monotone. Considered that one myself.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^I think that will make a great looking shirt. It's bright enough that when you pair it with lighter colored summer trousers, the overall look won't be too monotone. Considered that one myself.
+1

That shirt would get plenty of wear from me during the warmer months

neutrino

Reaction score
Okay guys, y'all convinced me
smile.gif
Ordered two more shirts today making it three: baby blue flecked, gauzy neutral buffalo, and pastel plaid.

brp2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I couldn't resist the RWB bright madras, largely because it looks a lot like a real madras short sleeved button-down shirt (Eljo's) that I inherited from my dad.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads