• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My wife thought the aubergine was amazing as well. What color shirt would you pair this with?

There's not much that won't work with them. Think of them in the same way you think of navy and you can pair them with basically anything, barring maybe red or orange based shirts (a burnt orange might work and not look too Halloween though). They'll be pretty damn versatile.

I stopped by the Manhattan store the other day on my way through New York. Matt was very welcoming and it was great to be back. I can confirm some things that you already know:

1. The Veneto vest is outstanding.
2. The Mulberry leather jacket is also very well done. If you don't already have a leather jacket take a look.
3. The Kudo antelope boots are pretty damned cool.

Those who have bought the kudo boots, I think we will to see some pictures of how they look after 6 months of wear. And it may not be to soon to start thinking about other styles for this leather. A chukka, perhaps?

I will watch carefully for news about the new tweed trousers. I don't think I have ever seen orange tweed trousers before. Do I dare?

Good seeing you! Glad we could be so accommodating!

These flannels and tweeds are some of my favorites we have done. I didn't think I could like a lineup more than the FW 12 deliveries, but the orange tweed might just push this one over the top.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much! This is the Kudu Antelope version, right? Agreed, the Sand Suede would make a nice compliment to it. I'd wear the British Tan Bridle leather with it too. Right now the boots are much lighter in tone, but they won't be for long.

Yep, the kudu antelope version. Okay, I'll choose one of those. Also, as a huge fan of everything (or most everything) orange, I will have to pick up a pair of the sandy orange tweed walts!

digga

Reaction score
I want to get a pair of size 34 rivet chinos with a ~30 inch inseam tapered down to somewhere between 7.25-7.50 inches at the leg opening. Do I need to have this done at both the inseam and the outseam or can I just have it done from the inseam? My tailor was concerned that it might screw up the balance of the legs if he only alters the inseam, but he said he will do it however I want.

Thanks!

Todd V

Reaction score

I want to get a pair of size 34 rivet chinos with a ~30 inch inseam tapered down to somewhere between 7.25-7.50 inches at the leg opening.  Do I need to have this done at both the inseam and the outseam or can I just have it done from the inseam?  My tailor was concerned that it might screw up the balance of the legs if he only alters the inseam, but he said he will do it however I want.

Thanks!

Good question. On the same subject, are MTO Rivets tapered proportionally when a shorter inseam is selected? Or, so they make the pant with the stock, unhemmed leg and just hem it up without adjusting the taper?

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mike did the pattern change on the Spiewak N3-B?

i just tried on a 38 and it wouldnt fit because it was too tight at the bottom and pulling in the front. 40 was a better fit. last year i tried on the 38 and it was perfect. i went home to sleep on the jacket and it sold out.

im regularly a size 38.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yikes don't tell me this. I'm a 39 and ordered the 38, in-line with the product description sizing recommendation.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

mike did the pattern change on the Spiewak N3-B?

i just tried on a 38 and it wouldnt fit because it was too tight at the bottom and pulling in the front. 40 was a better fit. last year i tried on the 38 and it was perfect. i went home to sleep on the jacket and it sold out.

im regularly a size 38.

No, it didn't change at all. This is one of Spiewak's vintage patterns and the run this year fits just like the one last year. But, maybe you changed a bit? I know that I have :embar:

What type of welt is on the tyrol?

It's a natural reverse leather welt

Good question. On the same subject, are MTO Rivets tapered proportionally when a shorter inseam is selected? Or, so they make the pant with the stock, unhemmed leg and just hem it up without adjusting the taper?

The leg opening from 30" and longer is the same, so you don't need an additional taper necessarily. It's going to open up if you go shorter than 30" though. This is usually the case with most trousers and chinos.

I want to get a pair of size 34 rivet chinos with a ~30 inch inseam tapered down to somewhere between 7.25-7.50 inches at the leg opening.  Do I need to have this done at both the inseam and the outseam or can I just have it done from the inseam?  My tailor was concerned that it might screw up the balance of the legs if he only alters the inseam, but he said he will do it however I want.

Thanks!

Yes, that's definitely no problem. We have guys who get the stock Rivet Chinos tapered all of the time. Working with just the inseam is just fine.

Yep, the kudu antelope version.  Okay, I'll choose one of those.  Also, as a huge fan of everything (or most everything) orange, I will have to pick up a pair of the sandy orange tweed walts!

You definitely should - those are going to be so freaking fresh with the Kudu boots!

mothball

Reaction score
Kudu, yes. I really love it. The leather is really soft to the touch and has a bit of grain which is really pretty. I was previously unfamiliar with the Oscar last, but it fits me well and looks great on a boot.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads